Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I put my phone in airplane mode every other hour to save on battery life, it makes a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I put my phone in airplane mode every other hour to save on battery life, it makes a big difference.
    Just disable data, no need to disable the phone radio. You'll see a MASIVE increase in standy time
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    well my calibration is complete and my stock 1183mAh battery is in worse shape than i thouyght good thing i jus ordered a new one maybe i shoulda got 2. it says my battery health is 63% i have had the same battery since i got my pre on 8/21/09 and i have been using overclocking kernels since they first came out. so im not so surprised. one thing i did notice was that my battery got to 85% charging during calibration and jus jumped to 100% and completed.
    well my first new battery came in from ebay (seller EforCity) and it was advertised as being 1350 mAh but dr. battery health tab is reading it as 1183 mAh at 100% health. I guessim just happy to have a brand new battery and i will have a brand new spare as well when the other one gets here
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode? Maybe that will give you a little extra time to hook up the charger before the phone shuts down.
    Yes, I had it in airplane mode and reverted as much to "stock" as possible without actually changing kernels back.
    Somline,

Out of curiosity, why have you chosen to hide the source code from everyone for your app(s)? It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me and I'm wondering what your reasoning is/was.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Somline,

Out of curiosity, why have you chosen to hide the source code from everyone for your app(s)? It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me and I'm wondering what your reasoning is/was.

M.
    I think this is why:

License:
    Closed Source since there is some ugly webOS beginners code in it I'm not proud of.
    But if you're interested I probably give you the code.
    Planed: Open Source
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I think this is why:

Ah. Thanks! I didn't see that part. Honestly, though, it makes even less sense now. One of the greastest draws the F/OSS has (in my eyes) is exactly that: the openness. Everyone can pitch in help eachother improve it.

I dunno. Maybe it's just from living in the F/OSS world for a good bit over a decade. I just don't see things the same way I used to and find closed source things baffling these days. I mean, why hide the code if ya got nothing to hide?

M.
    Yep, it is a great app, so not bad for beginner code! Having someone else look at it will only help, but you know people get embarrassed by all sorts of things you wouldn't normally blink an eye at, it can get pretty funny.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode? Maybe that will give you a little extra time to hook up the charger before the phone shuts down.
    I concur with Trekker here on this one. I had problems calibrating my battery from my pre plus,where I would get an error message right after a full charge. After I took Trekker's advice, I not only successfully calibrated my battery,but I also learned the true nature of it's health... She's been lying to me this whole entire time. Dr. Battery shined the light on her false lies
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Same here
    I squeeze about 2hrs or so of more battery time doing that, even with 0% and that was before Dr. Battery.
    Doing that goes a long way for the life of the battery. I'm glad we have that feature.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Just disable data, no need to disable the phone radio. You'll see a MASIVE increase in standy time
    coolness! I'll have to remember that next time around.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Ah. Thanks! I didn't see that part. Honestly, though, it makes even less sense now. One of the greastest draws the F/OSS has (in my eyes) is exactly that: the openness. Everyone can pitch in help eachother improve it.

I dunno. Maybe it's just from living in the F/OSS world for a good bit over a decade. I just don't see things the same way I used to and find closed source things baffling these days. I mean, why hide the code if ya got nothing to hide?

M.
    Thank you all for discussing that. This is the story. Its not so easy for me to describe it in English. Use your phantasy to understand:

My first and last web project was done in .NET 7 years ago.
    I have no clue about CSS and HTML5. Due to my age I'm more the kind of oldschool unix, c and shell guy. It was kind of go back in the past when you have no clue about something but played with it day and night until something came out.
    I gave me one week (some old vacation time I had to take) including the two weekends. I had to start from scratch find out how to set up eclipse and the SDK and so on.
    The most time I searched in the internet for how can I set this text in horizontal center and so on. I finally gave up with CSS and used html tables.
    Since this is not what I understand is "engineering" I'm kind of ashamed to open the code.

But you are right, I shouldn't be so selfish:
    So I declare at least Dr.Battery now Open Source. Don't know what license I should use and not willing to find out. EDIT Maybe you can give me an advice.
    You can get the code from your device (EDIT: Needs sshd/scpd to be installed):
    Code:
    scp -r root@my_palm:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.somline.drbattery .
    Or extract the ipkg.

I'll open the service as well the next days.
    BTW: I think I forgot to remove some (not used) first try scene from the code ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 09/08/2010 at 03:10 AM.
    Danke for sharing that with us somline.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Sorry,i know this isn't the thread for Terminal but I have a question that I thought maybe someone could help me with here, since I am attempting to input somline's code via terminal.

I attempted to insert this code
    luna-send -n 1 palm://de.somline.drbatterysrv/SetBatteryAGE '{'percentage':'95'}'

using teminal,but I don't see how I can insert the symbols { and } as symbol key is used for non-obvious keys.

Copy and paste does not work in terminal.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Sorry,i know this isn't the thread for Terminal but I have a question that I thought maybe someone could help me with here, since I am attempting to input somline's code via terminal.

luna-send -n 1 palm://de.somline.drbatterysrv/SetBatteryAGE '{'percentage':'95'}'

using terminal,but I don't see how I can insert the symbols { and } as symbol key is used for non-obvious keys.

You could issue the commands directly via this command sequence:

Set the age to 100%
    (Byte 0x14 value of 0x80)
    Code:
    echo 0x1480 > setreg
    cat getage
    Taken from this post by somline in another thread.
  16.    #396  

using teminal,but I don't see how I can insert the symbols { and } as symbol key is used for non-obvious keys.

Sorry I don't know. Look for "special chars" in Terminal thread, or use WebosQuickInstall. Find the command line in "Tools"->"Command Line".
    Not tested but should work.

EDIT: Or if you like use jp99 way. We can give you the command for any different percentage.
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post

EDIT: Or if you like use jp99 way. We can give you the command for any different percentage.
    The formula for different age values can be found here.

EDIT: You need to change to the right directory before issuing these commands:
    Code:
    cd /sys/devices/w1*/32-*
    echo 0x1480 > setreg
    cat getage
    EDIT2: Please switch over to the other thread if you need more info and help. This thread is for Dr.Battery only.
    Last edited by somline; 09/08/2010 at 09:37 AM.
    A million thanks to jp99 and somline
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I have a question regarding these codes for the batteries percantage.

Does setting these comands just mask the batteries true percentage?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

20.    #400  
    I have a question regarding these codes for the batteries percantage.

Does setting these comands just mask the batteries true percentage?
    Yes it will just change the percentage (age).
    If you run a calibration it will be reset to the truth.