Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    yeah i think i'll wait lol it doesn't happen consistently
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    See below for the explanation of the battery status register flags taken from the "fuel gauge IC" - Dallas Semiconductor MAXIM DS2784

I've taken this info from other threads and consolidated it here for convenience.

Battery Status Register Flags

CHGTF—Charge-Termination Flag. CHGTF is set to indicate that the voltage and average current register values have persisted above the VCHG and below the IMIN thresholds sufficiently long to detect a fully charged condition. CHGTF is cleared when RARC is less than 90%. CHGTF is read only.

AEF—Active-Empty Flag. AEF is set to indicate that the battery is at or below the active-empty point. AEF is set when the voltage register value is less than the VAE threshold. AEF is cleared when RARC is greater than 5%. AEF is read only.

SEF—Standby-Empty Flag. SEF is set to indicate RSRC is less than 10%. SEF is cleared when RSRC is greater than 15%. SEF is read only.

LEARNF—Learn Flag. LEARNF indicates that the current charge cycle can be used to learn the battery capacity. LEARNF is set when the active-empty point is detected. This occurs when the voltage register value drops below the VAE threshold AND the two previous current register values were negative and greater in magnitude than the IAE threshold. See the Active-Empty Point Detect section for additional information. LEARNF is cleared when any of the following occur:
    1) Learn cycle completes (CHGTF set).
    2) Current register value becomes negative indicating discharge current flow.
    3) ACR = 0
    4) ACR value is written or recalled from EEPROM.
    5) Sleep mode is entered.
    LEARNF is read only.

UVF—Undervoltage Flag. UVF is set to indicate that the voltage measurement of the VIN pin is less than VUV, and must be written to a 0 to allow subsequent undervoltage events to be reported. UVF is not cleared internally. Writing UVF to 0 is effective only when VIN is greater or equal to VUV, otherwise, UV remains set due to the persistent undervoltage condition. UVF is set on power-up.

PORF—Power-On Reset Flag. PORF is set to indicate initial power-up. PORF is not cleared internally. The user must write this flag value to a 0 to use it to indicate subsequent power-up events. If PORF indicates a power-on reset, the ACR could be misaligned with the actual battery state of charge. The system can request a charge to full to synchronize the ACR with the battery charge state. PORF is read/write-to-zero.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Looks like a cool app. Just to clarify, when you do the battery calibration, (based on the screenshots above), a fresh battery is at 1150mHa and you could bring your battery back from 863mHa back to 1150? If that isn't what it does, what does the calibration do exactly?
    As NuttyBunny already said (thanks for that) this app will (hopefully) let your battery learn what "EXACTLY" is it's capacity.
    For some this means they bought a 1350 or 2600mAh battery for alot of money but the battery has less. For some bought a cheap 1350 (witch reports a 1150) it MAY can squeeze a little bit more than the 1150 out of the battery.
    It cannot extent what is physically build into the battery.

It just (hopefully) tells you the truth. This may hurt.

EDIT: I bought a cheap 1150 witch turned out to be a 1000mAh. What can you expect from 10$ (in germany I don't get this 3$ batteries)?
    EDIT2: I also got a 1150 replacement from palm. Turns out to be a almost 1200.
    Last edited by somline; 08/30/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Anyone seeing this in Preware?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Not going to be up till the end of the week swieder.
    Awesome looking app Been having battery issues (20 - 0 before you can say what?) with my original battery, but with my 2nd Palm battery I'm getting very acceptable use... Read up about using code but wasn't confident enough to try it. Looks like I could get 2 fully functional batteries thanks to this Looking forward to seeing it on preware. Two for the effort to the developer without even trying the app, as I'm sure from what I've read that there are many Pre users who need this. I would definitely consider donating. Best of luck, and may the tests begin!
    I just snagged it from the app's website here on PreCentral... now to find the battery service.
    Just installed via Preware!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Ditto - service is in there as well. Great work Somline.
    Installing now...
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Just installed from Preware. Callibrating now.

Great job Somline! The app looks fantastic.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    jus installed as well def looks good cant wait to attempt calibration, jus in time for when my replacement battery comes next week

edit: i have a question, when u talk about connecting the charger does that mean you cant use the touchstone for calibration? just wondering cuz i mostly only use my touchstone
    Last edited by mksand28; 08/31/2010 at 03:21 PM.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I really like how 'vibrant' the icons and colors are. very nice design.

Can you explain more about the calibration. How do we get it to the target voltage to start calibration?
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I really like how 'vibrant' the icons and colors are. very nice design.

Can you explain more about the calibration. How do we get it to the target voltage to start calibration?
    Open up apps, turn up the brightness, play loud music on the speaker and run the battery down
    so, I haven't had much time to test this app yet, but was wondering if anyone else has and what they experienced..
    sj
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    can you calibrate at anytime or is there a preferred time? Is there a how to or anything? Downloading right now but waiting to get the how to!
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    can you calibrate at anytime or is there a preferred time? Is there a how to or anything? Downloading right now but waiting to get the how to!
    there are instructions in the app jus click the icon in the top right hand corner, basically u have to discharge ur battery to a low enough voltage 3.4V u will be prompted to connect your phone to the charger and u can not interupt the charging at all until it is complete thats the stage im at right now.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Noticed in the 'calibrate' tab, the help section talks about it. but its a bit daunting and i wouldn't mind a 'How to for dummies version' :-P
    ***I Twitter***

It's fairly easy, the battery does it all, the app doesn't write anything to the batteries.
    The rundown is something like this:

* You discharge your battery until a point in which it determines it's good to start calibration (about 3.4v), then it enters into learning mode
    * You charge it until it gets to another point, which is to determine a full charge, about 4.2v, or when it doesn't charge anymore
    * The battery then sets the real remaining capacity.

That's about it, the battery does it all
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast