Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 981
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #361  
    I Can't say enough about how useful this app is. great work somline. Great work
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  2. #362  
    Just a quick note on my 20drop0 problem.

    I set everything up, waiting for phone to get to 20% (which was near the recalibration voltage and within 5 seconds of the 'plug in now' message, I was charging, but immediately my device turned off.

    I was disappointed, so I didn't pay close attention after that so maybe this is not exactly right but...

    I left it charging turned off over night, and now my 20drop0 problem is gone.

    Thanks somline!
  3. #363  
    I haven't been able to get the app to work at all. The first few times I tried it, the "connect battery now" message wouldn't go away after plugging the phone in. Now, even when I plug in the phone within three seconds, the phone shuts off completely.

    This last time, at least it said it was in "learn" mode just before it shut off.
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    Just a quick note on my 20drop0 problem.

    I set everything up, waiting for phone to get to 20% (which was near the recalibration voltage and within 5 seconds of the 'plug in now' message, I was charging, but immediately my device turned off.

    I was disappointed, so I didn't pay close attention after that so maybe this is not exactly right but...

    I left it charging turned off over night, and now my 20drop0 problem is gone.

    Thanks somline!
    A complete charge from 0 may help. Did the Health value changed?
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    I haven't been able to get the app to work at all. The first few times I tried it, the "connect battery now" message wouldn't go away after plugging the phone in. Now, even when I plug in the phone within three seconds, the phone shuts off completely.

    This last time, at least it said it was in "learn" mode just before it shut off.
    Sorry to hear that. I assume you used the wallcharger? It will take up to 15 seconds from connecting the charger until it actual charges and the messages goes away even though webos is already telling you it's charging (visible on the negative Curr value).
    Maybe I'll include the possibility to start learning at higher voltages in next version.
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I assume you used the wallcharger? It will take up to 15 seconds from connecting the charger until it actual charges and the messages goes away even though webos is already telling you it's charging (visible on the negative Curr value).
    Maybe I'll include the possibility to start learning at higher voltages in next version.
    Yes, I've always used the wallcharger for this. It's never given me more than 5 seconds between the appearance of the "Charge Now!" message and shutting off, so 15 seconds isn't going to work.
  7. #367  
    No, my health was 100 before and after.

    It is a new 1350 seido battery, and the capacity is reported as 1350.
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    Yes, I've always used the wallcharger for this. It's never given me more than 5 seconds between the appearance of the "Charge Now!" message and shutting off, so 15 seconds isn't going to work.
    Are you running some heavy stuff like streaming or so while discharging? Can you give me the value of Curr.[mA] in the calibrate scene?. Seems it discharges very fast.

    At the moment I have two solutions for you:
    Wait for next version
    I can send you a command line to start learning on higher voltage.
  9. #369  
    As I reported about 1 week ago my battery was down to 58% health. I walked into Verizon and said my battery on the Pre sucks. I explained that i could take it off the charger and within 1 hour I'd have like 70% battery life... Ok a little white lie. he takes the battery ... (i was pulling it as i was talking) he looks at it and mumbles about a swollen battery and he'll be right back. He comes out about 5 mins (maybe less) later with a new battery and says yep that battery is bad and here you go...
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    No, my health was 100 before and after.

    It is a new 1350 seido battery, and the capacity is reported as 1350.
    Then it seems no need to calibrate. But if you want to know the real health you may try it again. For some reasons some needs more then one try.
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    As I reported about 1 week ago my battery was down to 58% health. I walked into Verizon and said my battery on the Pre sucks. I explained that i could take it off the charger and within 1 hour I'd have like 70% battery life... Ok a little white lie. he takes the battery ... (i was pulling it as i was talking) he looks at it and mumbles about a swollen battery and he'll be right back. He comes out about 5 mins (maybe less) later with a new battery and says yep that battery is bad and here you go...
    I'll take that as a success story of the usage of the app.
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Are you running some heavy stuff like streaming or so while discharging? Can you give me the value of Curr.[mA] in the calibrate scene?. Seems it discharges very fast.

    At the moment I have two solutions for you:
    Wait for next version
    I can send you a command line to start learning on higher voltage.
    I was running Uberkernel at 1Ghz and then at 720. I've since backed it down to the stock Palm profile to see if that makes any difference. I've run some apps to drain the bulk of the battery and then let it drain "naturally" the rest of the way. Current drain is ~188 mA.

    I've now been at 0.0 mAh (but slowly dropping from 3.7V to 3.49V) for the last 30 minutes. Almost time to see if it works this time...

    UPDATE: It got to 3.43V. The "Connect power" alert went off. Before the chime had finished, it was plugged in (I had the connector in my hand and ready to go). Before I could count to three, the phone shut off.
    Last edited by Admiral Awesome; 09/07/2010 at 01:41 PM.
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    I was running Uberkernel at 1Ghz and then at 720. I've since backed it down to the stock Palm profile to see if that makes any difference. I've run some apps to drain the bulk of the battery and then let it drain "naturally" the rest of the way. Current drain is ~188 mA.

    I've now been at 0.0 mAh (but slowly dropping from 3.7V to 3.49V) for the last 30 minutes. Almost time to see if it works this time...
    That sounds good -150 till -200mA sounds good. I hope you get it.
  14. #374  
    See previous post with update
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    See previous post with update
    Sorry I will include the setting of the learning Voltage in the next version. Most people are getting it and it works with mine every time.
    Please wait for the next version (couple of weeks unfortunately)
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Sorry I will include the setting of the learning Voltage in the next version. Most people are getting it and it works with mine every time.
    Please wait for the next version (couple of weeks unfortunately)
    Thanks. I'm sure it's due to something running on my particular Pre; some patch or something. I appreciate the work you've put into this app.
  17. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks for your detailed explanation and critique.

    did you follow the suggestion from Trekker and proofed from others to use the airplane mode and not using the device when calibrating?

    In next version of the app will be able to set the health to its original value. To do this now you can run this command from terminal or webosQuickInstall (sample is for 95%):
    EDIT: Needs the DrBatterySrv installed. If you don't know how to use it in webosQI I can giude you through.
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://de.somline.drbatterysrv/SetBatteryAGE '{'percentage':'95'}'
    Can you please tell me the "Manufacturer Rating" of your battery?
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience you had.

    EDIT2: I'm one person creating a free app, so I can't buy different devices with all kinds of batteries to test. This community is needed helping to make this app more stable.
    I'll attempt another calibration with Airplane Mode on and let you know if it works. My battery manufacturer rating is 1150 mAh
  18. #378  
    nice app
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  19. #379  
    Thank you again for this excellent app! Because of it I was able to accurately report how terrible my battery is now only after seven months of use, and new one is in the mail right now! I got the confirmation email a few moments ago. Thank you so much!
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    Thanks. I'm sure it's due to something running on my particular Pre; some patch or something. I appreciate the work you've put into this app.
    I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but have you tried putting the phone in airplane mode? Maybe that will give you a little extra time to hook up the charger before the phone shuts down.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions