Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Well, I could calibrate my battery. Its health is not very good: 83% and I bought the phone in February.

But now I have a problem: it drains very very much faster once calibrated. I had the "show actual battery" patch and Battery Monitor before the calibration, so I could read the actual battery status and how it was draining. As I use to have 3G, wifi and bluetooth disabled, the average draining was about 2-3% per hour (I have a screenstate 250/800 in Govnah). Now, after the calibration, Battery Monitor say that draining is about 9% with the same settings!!

May I did something wrong? Should I calibrate again my battery?
    Last edited by Shaglok; 09/05/2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaglok View Post
    Well, I could calibrate my battery. Its health is not very good: 83% and I bought the phone in February.

But now I have a problem: it drains very very much faster once calibrated. I had the "show actual battery" patch and Battery Monitor before the calibration, so I could read the actual battery status and how it was draining. As I use to have 3G, wifi and bluetooth disabled, the average draining was about 2-3% per hour (I have a screenstate 250/800 in Govnah). Now, after the calibration, Battery Monitor say that draining is about 9% with the same settings!!

May I did something wrong? Should I calibrate again my battery?
    Maybe the problem comes from running Dr Battery, I think it polls info every 30 seconds, whereas Battery Monitor checks every minute. I don't know if this could be the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Maybe the problem comes from running Dr Battery, I think it polls info every 30 seconds, whereas Battery Monitor checks every minute. I don't know if this could be the problem
    I think I don't understand. Once calibrated, I'm not running Dr Battery. I am running Battery Monitor (alone) as I always did before the calibration and the draining is incredibly bigger (3x).
    Last edited by Shaglok; 09/05/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Why would you leave Dr. Battery running once the battery has been calibrated? Once fully charged and calibrated, I turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Why would you leave Dr. Battery running once the battery has been calibrated? Once fully charged and calibrated, I turn it off.
    I leave it on just for monitoring

Maybe uninstall both the service and the app to see if it does help. If it helps, maybe somline has to check the service, something may be running in the background, draining battery.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I leave it on just for monitoring

Maybe uninstall both the service and the app to see if it does help. If it helps, maybe somline has to check the service, something may be running in the background, draining battery.
    You read my mind. It's exactly what I'm just doing. I'll check with Battery Monitor and post the results here.

Thanks.

PD: 13% draining in 10 minutes. ****.
    Last edited by Shaglok; 09/05/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Have you restarted your phone since calibrating? If not, I'd give that a shot first.
    Yes, I did it when calibrating finished. I also removed the "Show the actual battery" patch and Battery Monitor shows again "normal" draining values (about 4%). That's weird, I had it installed before and never had any problem...
    Yes, I did it when calibrating finished. I also removed the "Show the actual battery" patch and Battery Monitor shows again "normal" draining values (about 4%). That's weird, I had it installed before and never had any problem...
    Try re-installing the actual battery percentage patch...maybe something just got hung up.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    how do I start the program? I ran the icon but it doesn't present any options, just a logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    how do I start the program? I ran the icon but it doesn't present any options, just a logo.
    You have to run Dr Battery, not Dr Battery Srv. The latter is the service and runs automatically on boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    As posted previously:

You have to download and install the service and the app. If they are not available in preware, you can download from the links below.

Here is a link to the page for DrBatterySrv.

Here is a link to the page for Dr. Battery app.
    Well, my battery fully charged only lasted 6 hours when before calibrating it could take near 2 days. I'll try to calibrate again, but I think that Dr Battery crashed my battery
    Well, my battery fully charged only lasted 6 hours when before calibrating it could take near 2 days. I'll try to calibrate again, but I think that Dr Battery crashed my battery
    2 days before and now 6 hours?
    Disable data/wifi and you'll get 2 days again :P

No, really, now did you get 2 days from your Pre???!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    2 days before and now 6 hours?
    Disable data/wifi and you'll get 2 days again :P

No, really, now did you get 2 days from your Pre???!
    When I installed Govnah and UberKernel the battery began to live much more. I have 3G, wifi, bluetooth always disabled. I never really had it 2 days without charging, but without any call and activating Plain Mode in the nights it would be possible (I never let it go to 0%).

Now it only lasted 6 hours. I'm trying to calibrate it again... or to buy a new battery.

I'll try also to remove UberKernel after calibrating and reinstalling it again later... just for trying.
  16.    #296  
    When I installed Govnah and UberKernel the battery began to live much more. I have 3G, wifi, bluetooth always disabled. I never really had it 2 days without charging, but without any call and activating Plain Mode in the nights it would be possible (I never let it go to 0%).

Now it only lasted 6 hours. I'm trying to calibrate it again... or to buy a new battery.

I'll try also to remove UberKernel after calibrating and reinstalling it again later... just for trying.
    The drain in % is related to the capacity the battery is reporting to webOS/BatteryMonitor.

Say your 1150mAh battery was reporting 100% before calibration (but only had 80% in real) and 80% after calibrating (920mAh)

10% battery drain in 1 hour from 1150mAh = 115mA/h
    but 115mA/h from 80% of 1150 = 115mA/h * 100 / 920mAh = 12,5%

BatteryMonitor will now show 12,5% drain with the exact same drain (115mA/h) because it's related to the reported capacity.

EDIT: This does not explain the difference in drain you are reporting.

And once again: Dr.Battery is not doing the calibration, it's done by an integrated function of the chip build into the battery. This chip is designed for that purpose.

You can set the health to 100% and you will see nice low drain%, but unfortunately a sudden drop from say 10-20% to 0.

EDIT:
    I Can't guaranty and never did, that the calibration process of the chip doesn't kills your battery.
    Possible scenarios would be
    a false programmed chip (from the manufacturer).
    an already faulty battery which couldn't stand the 0% drain or whatever

I calibrated my three battery at least 30 times, not because it's good for the batteries but to test the program. What I've heard from others in this thread is, that it (mostly) repairs the sudden 20drop0 problem. And it gives you the true capacity of the battery.

I'm sorry if it not worked for you or may have killed your battery. What battery do you have?
    I suggest buy a new centro for 3$.
    Last edited by somline; 09/06/2010 at 02:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I attempted to calibrate my battery 3 times, it failed the first two times.

The first two times the phone was closed. On the third try, I slid the keyboard out and then set it on a TS.

Is the calibration sensitive to heat?
  18.    #298  
    @All
    I've almost done with next version with some bugfixes and setting "health" and "Manufacturer Rating".
    I'm afraid that changing the MFR can damage the battery if you don't know what you do. I tested this function with my 1150' changing to 1185' and even 2600'. I don't see that it is dangerous if you calibrate after.
    Setting the health seems to be unproblematic.

So what do you suggest? Should I enable it for the "masses"?

The alternativ would be publishing the call to the service so it needs a little bit more effort to change it.
    What would be the benefit for it? I don't think we will see a battery which can hold more than 100%.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I attempted to calibrate my battery 3 times, it failed the first two times.

The first two times the phone was closed. On the third try, I slid the keyboard out and then set it on a TS.

Is the calibration sensitive to heat?
    Actual I don't know since it's done by the chip. I have read nothing about that. But as I suggested in the Helppage of the app, I would open the pre, since a full charge will produce some heat. If you run an overclocked kernel I really would suggest to open the pre and monitor the temperature.
    The calibration is nothing else than a charge from 0 to 100%. Nothing more (except the battery will adjust health at the end)
    All the calculation of the chip includes temperature. It would be possible that the temperature affects the learning.
    @somline: You mentioned to buy a centro battery for the palm pre. My actual plam battery has after calibrating a health at 86 %. I'm thinking to buy a new battery.

So I can use a centro battery im my palm prewithout problems?

Thanks holo