Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It may take you 30 Minutes to read the thread. It took me 10 days day and night to build the app.
    So why not reading?

Remove the battery and try again.
    classic
    In Chat now with a "Palm rep" who is obviously not. They are trying to give me tips on how to save battery life, I'm telling them I need a new battery. I'll see where this takes me.

Well they put an ARO (accessory replacement order) in for me, hopefully that is what gets things moving for me! I am looking forward to a free battery.
    Last edited by squeezy; 09/03/2010 at 08:55 PM.
  3. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    A bit of "good news": after calibrating again, the phone battery drained down properly from 20%. No more sudden 20% to 0% jump. This is with a battery with only 56% health.
    As crappy as the battery is (a replacement is on the way), I feel much better knowing that the percentage indication is actually correct; no more need to guess.
    Thanks again somline.

CFC
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    A bit of "good news": after calibrating again, the phone battery drained down properly from 20%. No more sudden 20% to 0% jump. This is with a battery with only 56% health.
    As crappy as the battery is (a replacement is on the way), I feel much better knowing that the percentage indication is actually correct; no more need to guess.
    Thanks again somline.

CFC
    Similar thoughts with mine though my 2600 is still at 84%. The indicator drains "faster" now but at least I know it is accurate and I can run it down to 20% without significant worry.
    Dan
    I'm guessing, considering my battery being one year old maybe a little more than that, health of 95% is pretty good. I've think I'm going to run battery monitor and compare results of over the course of a full charge to the calculated capacity. I'll wait to do that until I'm back in town where I have solid service. It probably won't be anything revealing it is more of a curiosity thing for me.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm guessing, considering my battery being one year old maybe a little more than that, health of 95% is pretty good. I've think I'm going to run battery monitor and compare results of over the course of a full charge to the calculated capacity. I'll wait to do that until I'm back in town where I have solid service. It probably won't be anything revealing it is more of a curiosity thing for me.
    If you calibrated then yes it's pretty good. If not don't believe that number.
    It has taken me multiple attempts over 4 days to get the calibration cycle to run through to the end.

1) interrupted almost immediately - likely due to using my touchstone and not getting perfectly aligned
    2) pulled battery, waited about 1 minute, reboot, and used USB cable directly and interrupted within 5%
    3) reset health to 100% and used USB cable directly, again interrupted within 5%
    4) plugged into USB directly and again interrupted within 5%
    5) set to Airplane mode and used USB cable, success!

Based on other posts, it appears that airplane mode may not be required but certainly advantageous if you are having problems with the calibration cycle getting interrupted.

At 80% health, I'm looking forward to this calibration eliminating the dreaded 20-0% drop.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Where is this on Preware? I couldn't find it under system utilities so downloaded it from the APP site to my computer, and uploaded it to my phone using WebOS quickinstall,

The icon appears on my phone 'desktop', BUT when i tap on it, i get this:

"error: de.somline.drbatterysrv. is not running"

HELP?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenj View Post
    Where is this on Preware? I couldn't find it under system utilities so downloaded it from the APP site to my computer, and uploaded it to my phone using WebOS quickinstall,

You also have to download the service. It should also be on the PreCentral site, from the same place you got the app.

Here is a link to the page for DrBatterySrv.

Here is a link to the page for Dr. Battery app.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have a funny result. I bought a cheap Chinese-knockoff battery off ebay last week that was allegedly supposed to be 2300 mAh. It was bigger so needed a thicker case.

When i use Dr Battery on it (thanks again to Trekker, i downloaded the 'srv' file and now it works), it says the Health is 100%, so that sounds good. BUT, it also says the "manufacterer's rating" is 1150 mAh, not 2300.

And yet, this big battery has performed as i thought it would - it lasts at least twice as long as the regulation 1150 mAh battery that came with the phone i bought. IOW's, it performs like a 2300.

Confusing ...
    I have a funny result. I bought a cheap Chinese-knockoff battery off ebay last week that was allegedly supposed to be 2300 mAh. It was bigger so needed a thicker case.

When i use Dr Battery on it (thanks again to Trekker, i downloaded the 'srv' file and now it works), it says the Health is 100%, so that sounds good. BUT, it also says the "manufacterer's rating" is 1150 mAh, not 2300.
    That is strange....perhaps when somline (creator of Dr. Battery) gets back online, he can give some insight as to why it reads that way.

And yet, this big battery has performed as i thought it would - it lasts at least twice as long as the regulation 1150 mAh battery that came with the phone i bought. IOW's, it performs like a 2300.

Confusing ...
    I also have a battery like that, very good one, but it doesn't seem to have proper overcharge protection. I fried mine, don't try to recalibrate too many times
  13.    #273  

HELP?
    Since this is my first app I did the packaging "wrong".
    The category is "Unsorted" and the feed is "Unknown".
    I'll have the needed info now (thanks Rod) and will correct it in next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    If you calibrated then yes it's pretty good. If not don't believe that number.
    I didn't think it would be necessary. I'm seeing no odd behavior, I get just as long if not slightly longer between charges as I have since I got it about a year ago. My regular routine is to wait until the battery is 10% or less left before fully recharging though some days I top off. It's about 70%/30% where 30% is the percentages of top off times. I know that it is better to top off a lot more but when I was doing so it would drain significantly faster (at least 50% faster) and every 3 or 4 days it would continue to increase. To be honest I figured because I chose to wait until it got to 10% or less before charging so much I would be experiencing noticeable decrease in battery capacity. But I figured that palm would have new models out before the battery for my current device would wear out. I figure they will follow the trend and have at least one new device every year. With HP behind them they may very well have several new devices every year. Anyways with all that said do you think I need to perform the calibration with dr battery?
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 09/05/2010 at 12:19 AM.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  15.    #275  
    No need to do it if everything is fine.
  16.    #276  

Confusing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I also have a battery like that, very good one, but it doesn't seem to have proper overcharge protection. I fried mine, don't try to recalibrate too many times
    May be you should not calibrate it at all.

The only reason I can think of this battery shows 1150 but last longer is a false programmed chip.
    They must have changed something in the chip to get around the overcharge_protection from webOS.

@NuttyBunny: If you don't get the battery exchanged and you have PayPal I would like to give some $ for a new one.
    No Risk No Fun ;-)
    I calibrated one of my old Centro batteries that I had lying around for a few years and got these results:

Battery health: 86%
    Manufacturer rating: 1183 mAh
    Calculated left: 1017 mAh

Not bad considering the battery is several years old. Also, I put the phone in airplane mode and the calibration successfully completed on the first try.
    my palm pres battery went from %22 to %0 in a second! I had to wuickly throw it on the charger. Never had that before. My pre is a year old. Have some patches and just installed uberkernel, have UK running for a week. I dowloaded dr. Battery and it says battery health is at 55%. Calculated left is at 651 mah. Do I need a new battery?
  19.    #279  
    A new battery and new glasses.
    so I didn't read through all 14 pages of the thread. Sue me!