Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    I did not have the 20%-0% Drop in the past, but I decided to run recalibration yesterday. My health was 91% before, and 79% after the recalibration. Over night, I lost about 20% of charge, which never happened before.

So my question is, does the lower capacity impact or limit the amount of energy which can maximally be stored in the battery? And How reliable is the recalibration?

greets
    Your battery can hold now the same as before.
    I would have expect your device before calibrating would drop from 10% to 0 as it was wrong about 10% (91-79).

The manual of the chip inside the battery says that now the battery knows EXACT the capacity it has. So it should be 100% reliable.

And sorry you lost 20% in fact around 10%. But this was just virtually.

EDIT: I really don't know if you can exchange it by palm with 79% Health. It's not THAT bad.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok so my battery is pretty much shot. I've run the app and can't get any better battery life, still dies rather quickly. Had 50% age and reset it to 100% but hasn't made a difference. My question is should I remove preware before I go to the Sprint store and what is the easiest way to do so without losing all of my info/data from what I have installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    So I tried the whole thing again, after pulling the battery one more time, but this time I made sure that the phone was in Airplane Mode before connecting the charger, and I didn't touch it at all until the process had a chance to complete. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but this time it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
    I've been trying this app and reading this thread for a few days now. I know a lot of people are getting the calibration error but don't think anyone has reported that their error occurred at the moment they connected to the internet. I was calibrating and up to 71% when I did a google search and BANG...Calibration failed. exact same moment. Coincidence? That would be very weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks to all mentioning that you shouldn't use the device while calibrating.
    Seems I am wrong in telling you that you can use it while charging. I will make some tests.

Do you reporting this are running overclockted kernels?
    Here are my results:

1st time calibration failed due to interruption. Reset health to 100%.
    2nd time calibration failed again, due to interruption.
    3rd time calibration passed - this time I put phone in airplane mode prior to calibrating, so it does appear that the phone could fail calibration due to mail checking, etc.

Note that I used the Touchstone each time and I am not overclocking.

The bad news is that now my Mugen 1400 only shows 78% health.

MFG rating: 1363 mAh
    Calculated left: 1063 mAh.

Before calibration it was showing 94% health but it was dropping to 0% right when it reached close to 20%, so that does make some sense. I've been using the battery for 9-10 months so I'm not too surprised. Better to know the actual health.

I can probably still get some use out of this battery, but I also have a brand new stock battery that I got with my replacement phone so I'll probably just use it awhile.

So, to summarize, those people that are having trouble with calibration failing due to interruption, try putting phone in airplane mode and see if that helps.
    dr battery told my to connect charger when i did nothing hapend besides charging, app whas still saying 'waiting for charger to connect' ?! What happens when you connect charger any info on the screen? One more thing i'cnt find reset button.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    dr battery told my to connect charger when i did nothing hapend besides charging, app whas still saying 'waiting for charger to connect' ?! What happens when you connect charger any info on the screen? One more thing i'cnt find reset button.
    It may take you 30 Minutes to read the thread. It took me 10 days day and night to build the app.
    So why not reading?

Remove the battery and try again.
    Last edited by somline; 09/03/2010 at 07:51 AM.
    I too was in the process of calibrating and the calendar alerts went off so I had to put phone in airplane mode. It started calibrating around 11:30 pm at 5:30am the alarm went off and caused it to interrupt. My question is how long should it take to calibrate the battery?
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I too was in the process of calibrating and the calendar alerts went off so I had to put phone in airplane mode. It started calibrating around 11:30 pm at 5:30am the alarm went off and caused it to interrupt. My question is how long should it take to calibrate the battery?
    It depends on the capacity your battery can hold:
    Mine Manufacturer rated 1150 but 87% = 1001mAh took 2:10 hours.
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    Ok so my battery is pretty much shot. I've run the app and can't get any better battery life, still dies rather quickly. Had 50% age and reset it to 100% but hasn't made a difference. My question is should I remove preware before I go to the Sprint store and what is the easiest way to do so without losing all of my info/data from what I have installed?
    I can't answer this since I'm not at sprint.

BUT: Under no circumstances I would give my palm out of my hand only because of a bad battery. They should exchange the battery. Thats all.
    It's not forbidden to use preware. This is no iPhone. Palm is maintaining homebrew.
    I calibrated that spare 1150mAh(min) battery again. I had to leave work at 4:30 so it got cut a little short, so here's what I came up with after 2 1/2 hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I calibrated that spare 1150mAh(min) battery again. I had to leave work at 4:30 so it got cut a little short, so here's what I came up with after 2 1/2 hours.
    Well, you almost had it. The calibration stops at about 4.20v
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    But again Cpa. is showing more than expected. I have no explanation for this.
    Assuming this is no original Palm there is something incorrect set in the chip.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Great little app, just make sure you use the wall charger! Can't wait until you incorporate a way to change the Manufacturers ratings on the batteries.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Thanks for this app!

I tried a calibration against my fraudulently-labeled Seidio 1350 which actually has a getfull40 of 1150. I used setreg to force getfull40 to 1350 and then set health to 100% with the Doc. Ran a full calibrate, and got back a calculated 986mAh. As expected, the ripoff Sedio batteries aren't able to go to anywhere near 1350.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    It may take you 30 Minutes to read the thread. It took me 10 days day and night to build the app.
    So why not reading?

Remove the battery and try again.
    /snicker

Very cool app. New Pre and battery life seems REALLY bad, so I D/L the app and calibrating now. Will be interesting to use the app to monitor battery drain to identify any spikes. Typical drainage seems to hover around ~250 or so mA with wifi/phone on, but Bluetooth off. Does that seem unusual?

Mals
    20drop0

I have the 20drop0 problem, it seems to have started with my new battery: a seido 1350. the rating of the battery is reported to be 1350, but I think it is interesting that 1350 - 20% = 1080 (approx 1150...)

Anyway, wanted to recalibrate, got Dr. Battery, and I drained my battery. When the 'time to charge' warning came on, I plugged the phone it withing 5 seconds, but the phone started to shut down anyway.

I'm going to try again tonight.
    I had a Mugen 1400 mAh battery that was dying at 50% so I put it in my drawer a few months ago. I decided to pull it out and test Dr. Battery's calibration function. Dr. Battery reported that 50% of the capacity was exhausted. I attempted to use the battery to run a short errand it the battery failed at 89% of capacity. I contacted the manufacturer/distributor and they gladly offered to replace it under warranty. I'm thankful for Dr. Battery because it was able to confirm that this battery was defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    I have a free replacement coming from Palm for my battery. I didn't sign up for Sprint warranty, so I didn't try going to the store.
    I used the Palm chat line, where they essentially make sure that you aren't draining the battery because of too much YouTube/Music/Screen Brightness etc...
    I got my phone in January, and the battery health is only at 56% right now.

CFC
    I was able to get Palm to send me a free replacement also using the chat now function on their website.
    Thanks to all mentioning that you shouldn't use the device while calibrating.
    Seems I am wrong in telling you that you can use it while charging. I will make some tests.

Do you reporting this are running overclockted kernels?
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
    I've been trying this app and reading this thread for a few days now. I know a lot of people are getting the calibration error but don't think anyone has reported that their error occurred at the moment they connected to the internet. I was calibrating and up to 71% when I did a google search and BANG...Calibration failed. exact same moment. Coincidence? That would be very weird.
    Yes I am overclocked with uberkernal (1Ghz). I'm going to try airplane mode as trekker suggested.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    /snicker

Very cool app. New Pre and battery life seems REALLY bad, so I D/L the app and calibrating now. Will be interesting to use the app to monitor battery drain to identify any spikes. Typical drainage seems to hover around ~250 or so mA with wifi/phone on, but Bluetooth off. Does that seem unusual?

Mals
    I've around 150mA in the "Actual" scene and 170 in the "Calibrate".Wlan connected G3 on Bluetooth off. No other cards open. Not overclocked.
    250mA is very high.

This app is not designed (optimized) to monitor your battery drain. The "Actual" scene may work for that as it refreshes the screen every 30s.

But don't use the calibrate scene for that purpose. It refreshes every 3s. Each refresh makes 2 calls to the service which reads a couple of "files" which actual are calls into the kernel. It will drain the battery.
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    20drop0

I have the 20drop0 problem, it seems to have started with my new battery: a seido 1350. the rating of the battery is reported to be 1350, but I think it is interesting that 1350 - 20% = 1080 (approx 1150...)

Anyway, wanted to recalibrate, got Dr. Battery, and I drained my battery. When the 'time to charge' warning came on, I plugged the phone it withing 5 seconds, but the phone started to shut down anyway.

I'm going to try again tonight.
    I hoped we solved that. I may include a setting into the next version where you can select the voltage when the calibrate should begin.
    Hopefully you get it the next time.