Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    Thanks mate! On my way to the Sprint store...Cheers.
    In Germany Palm gives us 1 Year Guaranty. Don't know about US. I got a free replacement from Palm after 3/4 Year.

EDIT: The Provider which is O2 in my case only give us 1/2 Year and declined a replacement.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    In Germany Palm gives us 1 Year Guaranty. Don't know about US. I got a free replacement from Palm after 3/4 Year.

EDIT: The Provider which is O2 in my case only give us 1/2 Year and declined a replacement.
    To my knowledge, I don't think my phone carrier (Sprint) or Pam gives us that luxury. There must be a lot of battery replacements by Pre owners because at the store, they were out of batteries till Saturday.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  3. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    To my knowledge, I don't think my phone carrier (Sprint) or Pam gives us that luxury. There must be a lot of battery replacements by Pre owners because at the store, they were out of batteries till Saturday.
    I have a free replacement coming from Palm for my battery. I didn't sign up for Sprint warranty, so I didn't try going to the store.
    I used the Palm chat line, where they essentially make sure that you aren't draining the battery because of too much YouTube/Music/Screen Brightness etc...
    I got my phone in January, and the battery health is only at 56% right now.

CFC
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    This is one of the known problems that can appear and is documented in the info pages. I had this in the beginning of our battery safari. It went away and never came back.
    Since I couldn't test this my app is reacting false. It should had reported an ERROR: Calibration failed.
    The calibration was stopped immediately after connecting the charger.
    I have no solution for that. Try removing the battery waiting some seconds and insert again.

EDIT: And yes the LEARNF has to be on untill recalibrating finished.
    EDIT2: I will try to repair the code for that situation.
    Update: I tried pulling the battery as suggested, and it was successful at making the LEARN flag stick and making the app recognize that the charger was connected. It still took a few tries, though, because the calibration kept failing.

I set the health to 100% and tried again, but now the calibration kept failing ("charge interrupted") early in the process. Interestingly, this always happened while I was trying to use the device while charging and calibration was happening. It occurred to me that maybe the app, or the webOS process underlying it, is sensitive to fluctuations in the in the charging power, and that sudden heavy demands on the phone (caused by my messing around with it) might be making it see an interruption in the charge.

So I tried the whole thing again, after pulling the battery one more time, but this time I made sure that the phone was in Airplane Mode before connecting the charger, and I didn't touch it at all until the process had a chance to complete. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but this time it worked. The calibration completed, and I learned that my 84% healthy battery is really 95% healthy.

Thanks for the app. People who are having trouble getting it to work should try somline's advice about battery pulls and setting the health to 100%, and they just may also want to try leaving the phone alone in airplane mode during the process.
    I've been trying this app and reading this thread for a few days now. I know a lot of people are getting the calibration error but don't think anyone has reported that their error occurred at the moment they connected to the internet. I was calibrating and up to 71% when I did a google search and BANG...Calibration failed. exact same moment. Coincidence? That would be very weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
    I've been trying this app and reading this thread for a few days now. I know a lot of people are getting the calibration error but don't think anyone has reported that their error occurred at the moment they connected to the internet. I was calibrating and up to 71% when I did a google search and BANG...Calibration failed. exact same moment. Coincidence? That would be very weird.
    I wondered about that. I tried calibrating twice, both times it failed but I was asleep while it was calibrating and woke up a few hours later.

I noticed that I had new emails so I wondered if that may have had something to do with it. I was using the touchstone to charge.

I may try it again with the phone in airplane mode to see if it makes a difference.
    Everybody should get a kick out of this:
    I was just on the HP/Palm site checking out the fact that they are giving away all phones, any carrier, with new account activation. Anyways I was just looking at the Pre list of features and this is what it says for the battery: Battery Type-Li-Ion,
    Talk Time-Up To 5 Hours,
    Standby Time-Up To 12.5 Days... WHAT? 12.5 days on standby. What planet are they on? Not this one. Thought all of you might get a kick out of that bit of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Everybody should get a kick out of this:

Standby Time-Up To 12.5 Days... WHAT? 12.5 days on standby. What planet are they on?
    Planet Seidio.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Planet Seidio.
    Cool app... Just calibrated the battery on my Sprint Pre, and once it finished found myself with a battery that reports 86% capacity @ 100% charge. So my question is this: is there any proceedures I should be aware of that would continue to prolong or stretch my batteries capacity (ie, full charge to full drain to full charge, etc)?
    Currently recalibrating my stock Palm batt that was down to about 91% health. It was hard for me to hit the learning stage... webOS kept wanting to shut down. It actually did the first time I tried and had to recharge it to about 15% and sit and wait again. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

I am excited to use this tool to see if the 2300 mAh eBay battery I just ordered is legit.
  12.    #232  
    Thanks to all mentioning that you shouldn't use the device while calibrating.
    Seems I am wrong in telling you that you can use it while charging. I will make some tests.

Do you reporting this are running overclockted kernels?
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Thanks to all mentioning that you shouldn't use the device while calibrating.
    Seems I am wrong in telling you that you can use it while charging. I will make some tests.
    my calibration went fine the first time and i was using my phone the whole time, tweed, facebook, texting and email
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadblo View Post
    Cool app... Just calibrated the battery on my Sprint Pre, and once it finished found myself with a battery that reports 86% capacity @ 100% charge. So my question is this: is there any proceedures I should be aware of that would continue to prolong or stretch my batteries capacity (ie, full charge to full drain to full charge, etc)?
    It may sound funny to you but I'm no expert in batteries ;-)
    I don't know a way to refresh the batterie. You can read that you shouldn't discharge a LiIon to 0% very often. Maybe someone else here has knowledge about that.
    ran the calibration and it went from 73 to 58% health. Time for me to go to veriizon to get a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Talk Time-Up To 5 Hours,
    Standby Time-Up To 12.5 Days... WHAT? 12.5 days on standby. What planet are they on? Not this one. Thought all of you might get a kick out of that bit of information.
    Talk time 5 hours would be with top notch signal 4-4.5 is closer to expected average user. 12.5 days is perfect scenario no activity at all. The omap3430 in standby mode only uses very little power (100 microwatts [assume labratory conditions] which would be less than 1mA per hour quite a bit lower than the stated amount). 12.5 days breaks down to just shy of 4mA per hour. In my extensive testing and research over the 1.25 years so far, the record lowest is about 10mA per hour. I've personally observed with my sprint pre as low as 13mA per hour. Of course with use this number quickly climbs to 50mA per hour (very light use) and up depending on use.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just found this app and am trying to get the calibration to start. I've let my battery run down to 7% and I'm still showing 3.62 volts. The health is reporting at 84% so it's not like I've got a super strong battery.

Anyone else have problems getting to 3.4 volts to begin calibration?
    60% healthy, ugh. I'm going to try and chat with Palm like suggested above to try and get a free one.

about the stand by time being 12 days... They must have put it in airplane mode. My roommate has an extra blackberry storm that isn't activated and it stays on well into one and a half weeks without a charge.
    Vielen Dank for your wonderful App, Buddy! now I know how good my battery is.
    I did not have the 20%-0% Drop in the past, but I decided to run recalibration yesterday. My health was 91% before, and 79% after the recalibration. Over night, I lost about 20% of charge, which never happened before.

So my question is, does the lower capacity impact or limit the amount of energy which can maximally be stored in the battery? And How reliable is the recalibration?

greets