Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    sorry to ask, but I remain confused. I have the attery discharging @ the moment (unfort I started @ 80%). Do I have to reset the health to 100% and when? Or does the app do it automatically?

I let my phone die down to the 3.4v, and connected the cable connected to my pc. It gave me an error stating that it failed to calibrate. This has to be done with touchstone or wall charger, right? USB power is prob not enough?
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 09/02/2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Well, after my horrible results and and shot stock battery I decided to dig up a free battery that someone from the forum had sent me a while back. I ran Dr. Battery on it and it looks like I won't have to buy a new battery after all.
    This battery was rated at 1150mAh(min)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Successfully calibrated my Mugen Battery.
    After 4 months, getting 87% Health. Mfg rating 1363 (vs 1400 actual).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    sorry to ask, but I remain confused. I have the attery discharging @ the moment (unfort I started @ 80%). Do I have to reset the health to 100% and when? Or does the app do it automatically?

I let my phone die down to the 3.4v, and connected the cable connected to my pc. It gave me an error stating that it failed to calibrate. This has to be done with touchstone or wall charger, right? USB power is prob not enough?
    You don't have to reset the health. This is only necessary if you battery can hold more mAh than it is thinking at the moment. I tried to do so less changes automatically as possible. So the app will not do it.
    Try calibrating without resetting the health. If it fails at > 80% then reset it and calibrate again.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 12:11 PM.
    it really frustrates me that my stock palm battery shows a capacity of about 1180 and my siedio battery shows a capacity of 1150 on the button, both at 100% health.

That's just not ethical.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Well, after my horrible results and and shot stock battery I decided to dig up a free battery that someone from the forum had sent me a while back. I ran Dr. Battery on it and it looks like I won't have to buy a new battery after all.
    This battery was rated at 1150mAh(min)
    Looks good ;-) What I don't understand is the "Capa" field in the screenshots. It's showing around 133xmAh but in the Health scene you "only" have 1183.
    This is strange. Would you mind taking the battery out and in and try again the calibration?
    Thanks

EDIT: Did you change some Value in the Battery ("Health" or "Manufacturer Rating")?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Looks good ;-) What I don't understand is the "Capa" field in the screenshots. It's showing around 133xmAh but in the Health scene you "only" have 1183.
    This is strange. Would you mind taking the battery out and in and try again the calibration?
    Thanks

EDIT: Did you change some Value in the Battery ("Health" or "Manufacturer Rating")?
    I didn't change any value, the true capacity of the battery is only rated at about 1150(min), so it seems appropriate that the "Health" scene would show 1183 because that's what it's actually rated at, correct?
    Like I got lucky and got a battery with 200mAh extra for free? Lol. I will run calibration again when the battery runs down.
  8.    #208  
    I didn't change any value, the true capacity of the battery is only rated at about 1150(min), so it seems appropriate that the "Health" scene would show 1183 because that's what it's actually rated at, correct?
    Like I got lucky and got a battery with 200mAh extra for free? Lol. I will run calibration again when the battery runs down.
    Thanks. Yes the battery looks very good (EDIT: in fact) better than my 1 week old palm original "Manufacturer Rating" = 1183 with 98% Health.
    I'm just afraid something may not work properly. You should not see such values for "Capa" in the scenes.
    And no your not as lucky. These values are not true. Thats the reason I've ask you for doing it again.
    Sorry to bring you down to earth. But if you get 1183 that would be really a good value.

EDIT: Answer question: Yes 1183 is the (manufacturer) rating. Looks like an original Palm battery. They usually have 1183 as manufacturer rating. Stamped on battery: (min) 1150mAh.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    I think the confusion originates from false spelling. When somline writes "infect", he seems to actually mean "in fact". When people see that something gets "infect(ed)" at boot, they get nervous ;-)
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    After reseting battery health, to 100% I take it that it is normal for the health tab in Dr. Battery to read 100% health? Before it read the "true" value, 94% including what internalz registered through the sys/devices/W1*/32-*/getage.

Only step left is to run a successfully calibration. Thank you for such a useful application tool.
    Sorry but this sounds funny. What do you think setting Health to 100% will do?
    It just sets health to 100%. Wouldn't it be curious if you set health to 100% and in the health scene you see some different value?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    And no your not as lucky. These values are not true. Thats the reason I've ask you for doing it again.
    Thanks. Even though we don't think these values are true, I am getting about double the life with this battery than my old battery regardless. My phone used to be dead within about 4 hours after taking it off the charger with regular use. Now it's been off the charger for about 6 hours and I'm only at 49% battery, so I'm happy either way
    Anyways, after this battery drains I'll run Dr. Battery again and post my results, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for >1300mAh.
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    I think the confusion originates from false spelling. When somline writes "infect", he seems to actually mean "in fact". When people see that something gets "infect(ed)" at boot, they get nervous ;-)
    Thats what I need. Someone correcting my english. I really appreciative this.
    And what you assume is 100% correct. In fact it's 1000% true ;-)
    Thanks

EDIT: Sorry I only can give you one thanks. Would like do give you 20 ;-)
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 12:12 PM.
  13.    #213  
    Thanks. Even though we don't think these values are true, I am getting about double the life with this battery than my old battery regardless. My phone used to be dead within about 4 hours after taking it off the charger with regular use. Now it's been off the charger for about 6 hours and I'm only at 49% battery, so I'm happy either way
    Anyways, after this battery drains I'll run Dr. Battery again and post my results, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for >1300mAh.
    Don't belief the 49%. You will see a sudden death (EDIT: at around 20%) if you drain it more. But as said. Its a very healthy battery. You will get good battery life from it.
    Before calibration, my Battery health was listed as 50% and after calibrating, it read 61%. I moronically reset the heath and it started discharging. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to stop the discharge process?
    2. With the stated values, do you think I should purchase a new battery? I have had my current Pre for about 8 months.

I am currently listening to Conway Twitty on Pandora in an effort to drain the Battery (lol)

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    crap, my siedio 1350 (which your app sees as 1150) just gave me a calibration error at 89%, which is 1031.9mAh.

Should I try to recalibrate it again? Health page is showing at 100% and and 1150mAh in both fields. Calibration failed at 1031.9, but the battery is continuing to charge and is now up to 90%...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Wow! Those screenshots of UI look awesome! Nice work!
    I agree, nice & smooth. Sad to find my stock battery is only running at 52%
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    Before calibration, my Battery health was listed as 50% and after calibrating, it read 61%. I moronically reset the heath and it started discharging. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to stop the discharge process?
    2. With the stated values, do you think I should purchase a new battery? I have had my current Pre for about 8 months.

I am currently listening to Conway Twitty on Pandora in an effort to drain the Battery (lol)
    You can close the program at any time. The program will not discharge the battery. It just waits for the battery getting discharged.

You definitely needs a new battery. This one has unfortunately passed out.
    First time attempting a calibration and it went from 25% to 0% in sec's and said connect now. wish me lucky to see if i can get more then the 73% it is now
    Last edited by Major Payne; 09/02/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Thanks mate! On my way to the Sprint store...Cheers.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    crap, my siedio 1350 (which your app sees as 1150) just gave me a calibration error at 89%, which is 1031.9mAh.

Should I try to recalibrate it again? Health page is showing at 100% and and 1150mAh in both fields. Calibration failed at 1031.9, but the battery is continuing to charge and is now up to 90%...
    Not crap! This is a good sign. Seems your batter can hold more than the 1150. Unfortunately my service has a bug by setting the Manufacturer Rating (Not used by Dr.Battery at the moment). But I could send you the linux commands to set the Manufacturer Rating to e.g. 1350.