Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    I keep getting a java error during the calibration phase...
    Thanks all!
    I'm looking forward to know what error that was.
  2.    #182  
    @All with a bigger > 2000 Battery
    As we know now the 20drop0 Problem can be solved (or at leased reduced) by Dr.Battery I'm interested to know if the calibration works for the huge babies.
    I don't have such a battery and therefore couldn't do any tests.
    What I've read in this thread nobody has successfully calibrated such a battery as of now.
    Thanks
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Do I need to reset health after the calibration?
    That would be a bad idea. You CAN set the health to 100% BEFORE calibrating. The Health should reflect the TRUE capacity of your battery. It will be automatically set after successfully calibrate to its real value.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Can you explain what "crashed" means?
    Did you set the Health to 100%?

I didn't need to set it to 100% health because it was already at 100%. I have only used this battery a few times because I have been using the Siedio batteries that I will be trying next. In terms

Crash was probably the wrong term. It sat at 90% for a few about 5 minutes (maybe longer) and the gave the message "ERROR: Calibration interrupted. Please select 'info' for help.

None of the failure scenarios in the help page reflected what I had done.

Te values for my stock Pre battery now are:

getfull 1183
    getcapacity 1183
    getage 100

I will try to calibrate my Siedio 1350 and 2600 tomorrow.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I didn't need to set it to 100% health because it was already at 100%. I have only used this battery a few times because I have been using the Siedio batteries that I will be trying next. In terms

Crash was probably the wrong term. It sat at 90% for a few about 5 minutes (maybe longer) and the gave the message "ERROR: Calibration interrupted. Please select 'info' for help.

None of the failure scenarios in the help page reflected what I had done.
    Thanks. Looks like this is the "overcharge protection" in WebOS and your nice battery can hold more than what is rated as manufacturer value.
    Since it's new and at 100% no need for calibrate.
    To calibrate it you can:
    • set manufacturer rating to a higher value (next version of Dr.Battery)
    • disable the overcharge protection of webOS in the powerd.conf configuration file

I only mention this for information. You don't have to do it.

EDIT: I posted this often but will do it again:
    The Overcharge Protection in webOS takes place when:
    Code:
    actual capacity > "Manufacturer Rating" * "Health" / 100
    It stops charging even if the battery wants to charge more.
    You can proof this case in the logfile /var/log/messages and find an entry like this:
    Code:
    {powerd}: CHG_LOGIC: BatteryOverchargeFault overcharge diag: 
    raw = (1265.62) > 1006f (full_mAh [1350] * age [93.75] / 100) = (1265.62))
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 01:20 AM.
    I just want to sort something out for myself briefly.
    My first attempt at calibrating I reset my batteries health after the Dr. Battery notified me to plug in my phone to the charger. At least a minute into it. Everything after that went fine AEF SEF LEARNF UVF were lit green and my phone never went to sleep,, but at about reaching a little over 25% battery charged I got a error.

May I begin the draining process for calibration at any battery percentage over 20% or does it have to be a full charged battery to begin? I read the info within the app itself and did just as it asked. I attempted my second caibration at 24% and my battery reached 4% and never asked me to plug in my charger to begin calibration.
    I had music with animated backgrounds pumping and texts with animated backgrounds as well.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/02/2010 at 01:24 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    My phone won't complete the battery refresh and now I have lost at least 50% of the capacity I had yesterday... Ideas?
    I think you are supposed to start around 20% so you don't have to wait as long for the battery to drain.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Thanks. Looks like this is the "overcharge protection" in WebOS and your nice battery can hold more than what is rated as manufacturer value.
    Since it's new and at 100% no need for calibrate.
    To calibrate it you can:
    • set manufacturer rating to a higher value (next version of Dr.Battery)
    • disable the overcharge protection of webOS in the powerd.conf configuration file

I only mention this for information. You don't have to do it.

EDIT: I posted this often but will do it again:
    The Overcharge Protection in webOS takes place when:
    Code:
    actual capacity > "Manufacturer Rating" * "Health" / 100
    It stops charging even if the battery wants to charge more.
    You can proof this case in the logfile /var/log/messages and find an entry like this:
    Code:
    {powerd}: CHG_LOGIC: BatteryOverchargeFault overcharge diag: 
    raw = (1265.62) > 1006f (full_mAh [1350] * age [93.75] / 100) = (1265.62))
    great, when you have the next version ready to beta, I will be happy to test it for you.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    After reseting battery health, to 100% I take it that it is normal for the health tab in Dr. Battery to read 100% health? Before it read the "true" value, 94% including what internalz registered through the sys/devices/W1*/32-*/getage.

Only step left is to run a successfully calibration. Thank you for such a useful application tool.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I just want to sort something out for myself briefly.
    May I begin the draining process for calibration at any battery percentage over 20% or does it have to be a full charged battery to begin? I attempted my second caibration at 24% and my battery reached 4% and never asked me to plug in my charger to begin calibration.
    I had music with animated backgrounds pumping and texts with animated backgrounds as well.

Any suggestions?
    This is clearly written all over this thread, but since I know you are anxious to use the Dr. (nobody likes to go to the Dr. ;-) I explain it again:

Starting:
    You can do when ever you want. It just needs longer if you start it at an high battery level. I suggest starting at 5-20%.

It will go down to 0%. WebOS will warn you at 20, 10 5.....% You should charge now. Don't listen. Just press OK.
    You can see that the calibration will begin soon in the Volt.[V] field. It has to godown to 3.4V. Be patient. Keep the charger ready.
    If you want to use the touchstone be sure you are able to place the device in the right place in the first shot (we all know this is almost impossible).
    Best idea is connecting the charger to the device when starting calibrate WITHOUT" connect it to the wall. Then when the Dr. is calling insert the plug into the wall.

Calibrating:
    When it calibrates you can do what you want. You can even use the device but don't disconnect the charger.
    EDIT: Nothing will get hurd if you diconnect the charger, but the calibration stops. Nothing will be changed in the battery.
    The Health value is ONLY CHANGED when the calibration was successful.
    Yupp,internalz is giving the same reading as the Dr. Battery is; 100% I'm at 33%... Not much more to go before attempting again.
    I'm going to use the never sutfown screen while charging app by Jason so I don't have to be so haw eyes with my device as it calibrates
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

This is clearly written all over this thread, but since I know you are anxious to use the Dr. (nobody likes to go to the Dr. ;-) I explain it again:

Starting:
    You can do when ever you want. It just needs longer if you start it at an high battery level. I suggest starting at 5-20%.

It will go down to 0%. WebOS will warn you at 20, 10 5.....% You should charge now. Don't listen. Just press OK.
    You can see that the calibration will begin soon in the Volt.[V] field. It has to godown to 3.4V. Be patient. Keep the charger ready.
    If you want to use the touchstone be sure you are able to place the device in the right place in the first shot (we all know this is almost impossible).
    Best idea is connecting the charger to the device when starting calibrate WITHOUT" connect it to the wall. Then when the Dr. is calling insert the plug into the wall.
    Thank you Freund
    That was the problem earlier when my battery was at 4% I was to impatient since I had somewhere to go earlier today.

Thank you for taking the time to repost the basics. I am such a stiffler for detail it's the Gemini in me

Danke somline
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    great, when you have the next version ready to beta, I will be happy to test it for you.
    If I don't had to answer so many questions it would be ready already ;-)

The main code for do the setting is already in the service.
    Unfortunately there is a dangerous bug in that function (which is not used by Dr. Battery at the moment).
    It was interesting to me because even though the calibration failed on my first attempt, my battery on the second attempt didn't do the jump from 20% to 0% warning or even at 10% and below.... Interesting to me, since I normaly experience some very dramatic jumps in notifications to battery dying and warnings of shutdown. I have even suffered one a couple of times where at 35% I would get a sudden 0% notification warning. But I didn't get even a single warning, your device is about to shutdown warning after the first failed calibration,which I found intriguing, I haven't gone as low as 4% without at least a single warning...
    Lets see what's in store in the upcoming attempt.

On to the journey
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    My phone won't complete the battery refresh and now I have lost at least 50% of the capacity I had yesterday... Ideas?
    That is interesting. In theory the "Health" value gets changed only if the recalibrate was successful. I suggest you set the "Health" to 100% and calibrate again.
    AND: As I mentioned in the first post: You may get frustrated to learn that you thought having a good battery before recalibrating which turns out to be a lie.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    It was interesting to me because even though the calibration failed on my first attempt, my battery on the second attempt didn't do the jump from 20% to 0% warning or even at 10% and below.... Interesting to me, since I normaly experience some very dramatic jumps in notifications to battery dying and warnings of shutdown. I have even suffered one a couple of times where at 35% I would get a sudden 0% notification warning. But I didn't get even a single warning, your device is about to shutdown warning after the first failed calibration,which I found intriguing, I haven't gone as low as 4% without at least a single warning...
    Lets see what's in store in the upcoming attempt.

On to the journey
    Dr. Battery is not doing the Health (Age) thing alone.
    I didn't mention this because I don't wanted to bore you with technical details.
    There are to flags (bits) in the battery chip which indicate to do a calibration or at least a full discharge/charge cycle.
    The Dr. is clearing this bits to the original state of a new battery.
    This may help but a successful calibration would be the best.

EDIT: To find out more technical internals please visit my thread everything started with:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-battery.html
    You also can ask technical details there.
    Last edited by somline; 09/02/2010 at 01:56 AM.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    Gave it a try.

After I was requested to plug in the charger and did so, the phone froze in that state (with the alert shown at the display's bottom). No reaction to key presses any more.

This didn't change for minutes. Couldn't see whether it was charging or not - but it seemed not to do so. After I unplugged the charger, the phone magically woke up again but switched off shortly after.

Will try a second time.

P.S. Grüße aus Wilmersdorf. :-)

P.P.S. Had several tries without success. Took the battery out for a few seconds and tried again, this time the charger was detected and it's calibrating now.
    This post (unfortunately in the wrong thread ;-) is a proof, that my suggested solution for the "app freezes after connecting charger" worked out.

So everybody with the problem that the app is telling you "connect the charger NOW" even though you allready did it minutes before please take the battery out of the device for a couple of seconds and try again.

BUT: Be patient. It needs 5-15 seconds after plug in, that the battery actual charge. Even so webOS is already telling you it it is charging!.
    To sad it didn't worked out. Yes don't do it to often. A Full drain is not the best you should do with a LiIon battery. What value was Health at before you set it to 100?
    I believe it was at 94%, which wasn't bad for a 9 month old battery.

EDIT: Receiving Mail should not stop calibration. This happened to me often. The ONLY thing (beside the overcharge protection) that can stop calibration is when the battery doesn't get charged anymore.
    Thanks...I wasn't sure if any phone activity like Palm's automated backup or receiving email would cause an interruption.

I did charge via the touchstone but I had a good connection so I don't think that could have caused it. Maybe in the future I'll try the plug in charger.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I must stay, thanks to Somline.

With his help I was able to change my manuf. capacity to 2600 and then calibrate my battery. I discovered now that the correct capacity is in my Seido is only at 84% health. Not so good.

It looked good when it was only a 2300

Thanks again to Somline, I just wish I had those other 400+ mAh but the battery is 8 months old.
    Dan