webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Latitude Updater
Latitude Updater
Like Tree1Likes

Old 11/20/2010, 06:04 AM   #61 (permalink)

Every app, that want to do something, that could take more than 10s, MUST open a card or a dashboard notification, otherwise webOS will kill it.
sidamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2010, 06:27 AM   #62 (permalink)

hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMacLean View Post
First off: PLEASE give us an option to turn off the dashboard notification. I want it to run silently in the background, I don't need a notification every time it's doing its thing.
I could add that option but it would cause the location not to be not always updated because applications without a window (or a dashboard widget) will be killed by the system after a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMacLean View Post
When the GPS signal is dicey, it will sometimes just stop working. The dashboard will stick on the screen and never go away.
This is a known problem which i encounter too. It will be fixed in the next version. If the update takes to long, the widget will be killed (this interval will be configurable). This will stop the current update process but will not prevent the next update process from being successful.
christophl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: j4ydubs
Old 11/20/2010, 10:22 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophl87 View Post
I could add that option but it would cause the location not to be not always updated because applications without a window (or a dashboard widget) will be killed by the system after a time.
Oh, right, forgot about that. Perhaps it could show the window or widget just briefly before it starts the process, instead of showing it, then executing the process, then hiding it - so that if the process hangs, you aren't left with a widget etc. hanging around on the screen?

Quote:
This is a known problem which i encounter too. It will be fixed in the next version. If the update takes to long, the widget will be killed (this interval will be configurable). This will stop the current update process but will not prevent the next update process from being successful.
Great! Glad to hear it!
Old 09/27/2011, 08:35 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
hi,
Has this been fixed? I don't see any updates after this post.

Great app. Hoping to use it on my daughters phone (Palm Pixi Plus).

John
J4yDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2012, 01:01 PM   #65 (permalink)

This app has come in handy in the past, but now that it is broken because of changes to the Google Latitude API, will an updated version be released soon? Would donating help?

Thanks.
kmartind is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0