Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    Just allowed Preware to update to the Nov 1 version of 0.21.0. In landscape orientation, the top row of keys is partially hidden (from the middle of the white key cap inscriptions up) and there is a large band of background color horizontally below the bottom row of keys. If there were less background, all keys could be completely visible. See screenshot.
    I fixed a couple of TP problems and loaded the resultant version 0.22.0 onto my deactivated Pre- and did not have any problems with it. Maybe try that one

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.22.0_all.ipk
    Last edited by johncc; 02/13/2012 at 09:05 PM.
    [QUOTE=johncc;3232824]I fixed a couple of TP problems and loaded the resultant version 0.22.0 onto my deactivated Pre- and did not have any problems with it. Maybe try that one

Deleted v0.21.0, installed v0.22.0, restarted the Pre+ but the landscape view remains as reported for 0.21.0
    Vegas89134
  3.    #103  

Deleted v0.21.0, installed v0.22.0, restarted the Pre+ but the landscape view remains as reported for 0.21.0
    Very odd. As you can see it worked on my Pre-.

Anybody else have any experience on a Pre+?
    Just found the update. Still reboots the TP.

I'm on 3.0.2
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Just found the update. Still reboots the TP.

I'm on 3.0.2
    Could be the fact that the status cookie has been saved with vibrate mode selected. Uninstall and reinstall to clear the cookie. EDIT: Doesn't seem to clear the cookie. See below.

The version 0.22.0 orientation is going to be wrong on 3.0.2 anyway as HP corrected it with 3.0.4 and 0.22.0 removes the adjusting coded that I had in previous versions.

Only if you are going to stick with webOS 3.0.2 you should install.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.21.0_all.ipk
    Last edited by johncc; 11/02/2011 at 07:05 PM.
    I tried uninstalling then reinstalling - the TP still reboots after one or two key presses of Calc12CS.

I will try the older 0.21.0 version a bit later.

Thanks for your time!
  7.    #107  
    I tried uninstalling then reinstalling - the TP still reboots after one or two key presses of Calc12CS.

I will try the older 0.21.0 version a bit later.

Thanks for your time!
    Try cycling the feedback selection before you do anything else. (Tap the right hand end of the display) Maybe the cookie is not being deleted, and that will ensure that vibrate is not left selected.
    That did it. However, I'd like to have the landscape orientation of the old one, so I'll load that a bit later.

I have an HP-11C that I still use every day, so this HP12 is kinda neat to have. Not the same, but pretty close.

Again, thanks.
  9.    #109  
    That did it. However, I'd like to have the landscape orientation of the old one, so I'll load that a bit later.

I have an HP-11C that I still use every day, so this HP12 is kinda neat to have. Not the same, but pretty close.

Again, thanks.
    Glad to help. Just remember that with 0.21.0 you need to avoid the TP vibrate/crash option.
    Do you think you might update this so that the settings persist? For instance, vibrate, number of decimal points, etc.

Thx.
  11.    #111  
    Do you think you might update this so that the settings persist? For instance, vibrate, number of decimal points, etc.

Thx.
    It does that already (on my devices anyway). Are you saying that it doesn't on yours?

Supposed to save feedback mode, registers, display mode, memory registers and program memory.
    Oh wait...it does...sorry.
  13.    #113  
    Oh wait...it does...sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Very odd. As you can see it worked on my Pre-.
    My Pre+ is WebOS 1.4.5.1. Is there a link available to a version of Calc12CS from before you started tweaking for orientation compatibility with WebOS 2 & 3? As far as I know there has been no functional calculation capability added recently, and Calc12CS worked as expected in landscape when I first started using it a year or so ago. Reverting to an earlier version may solve an issue which apparently only I am experiencing.

I'm hooked on landscape mode because it more closely mirrors key locations with the 11C and 15C which live on my office and home desks, and see daily use when I'm not mobile.
    Vegas89134
  15.    #115  
    My Pre+ is WebOS 1.4.5.1. Is there a link available to a version of Calc12CS from before you started tweaking for orientation compatibility with WebOS 2 & 3? As far as I know there has been no functional calculation capability added recently, and Calc12CS worked as expected in landscape when I first started using it a year or so ago. Reverting to an earlier version may solve an issue which apparently only I am experiencing.

I'm hooked on landscape mode because it more closely mirrors key locations with the 11C and 15C which live on my office and home desks, and see daily use when I'm not mobile.
    It has been more a case of trying to cope with the various resolutions. You can try these. Not sure what's different.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.14.0_all.ipk
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    It has been more a case of trying to cope with the various resolutions. You can try these. Not sure what's different.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.14.0_all.ipk
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    Thanks, John.

Reverting to v0.14.0 still had the landscape issue, but v0.2.0 does not. You can mark this one as Case Closed for Vegas89134.
    Vegas89134
  17.    #117  
    I have just run Calc12cs on my Touchpad under webOS 3.0.5 and have found that HP have changed the orientation code yet again. The landscape orientations are upside down. Standby for a fix and in the mean time use the orientation lock if you want to use landscape.
  18.    #118  
    I have just run Calc12cs on my Touchpad under webOS 3.0.5 and have found that HP have changed the orientation code yet again. The landscape orientations are upside down. Standby for a fix and in the mean time use the orientation lock if you want to use landscape.
    Okay. Version for 3.0.5.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com...0.24.0_all.ipk

NOTE TO HP: Stop stuffing around with Touchpad orientation. You had it right with 3.0.4
  19.    #119  
    Enter the decimal degrees (D.ddd) into Calc12CS and press [f] [HMS]. The result is displayed as DD.MMSSss, where DD is the number of dgrees, MM is the number of minutes, SS is the number of seconds and ss is the decimal part of a second. (If necessary use [f] [FIX] n to display the appropriate number of decimal places.

Obviously, the same methodology applies to Hours.
  20.    #120  
    As mentioned in the OP, Calc12cs can do vector summation, but it may not be obvious to everybody that it can therefore be used for triangle of velocities type navigational problems. An example may help.

Suppose that I am making good a track of 125 degrees and a groundspeed of 195 knots in an aeroplane with a true airspeed of 165 knots, by maintaining a heading of 132 degrees. What is the current wind speed and direction.

Effectively I need to calculate the heading vector 132/165 minus the track vector 125/195. (note that the wind direction is recorded as the direction from which it comes)

We can do this with the Calc12cs by converting the vectors to their components in the X and Y directions, subtracting those and then converting back to angle and magnitude. This makes use of the 12C's statistical functions which simultaneously add or subtract the X and Y registers.

The keystrokes are...

- clear memory
    132 - enter heading data

165 - enter true airspeed data
    - convert to rectangular coordinates
    - add HDG/TAS to X and Y to totals
    125 - enter track data

195 - enter ground speed data
    - convert to rectangular coordinates
    - subtract TRK/GS vector from totals.
    - sum of the Y coordinates
    - sum of the X coordinates
    - convert to polar coordinates

37.12 The Wind Speed is displayed in the display (x-register) (knots)

-87.28 The wind direction is displayed in the display (x-register)

Because it is negative, add 360 degrees

272.22 degrees)
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast