Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 122
  1. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #81  
    I just installed the Calc12C version on my Touchpad.
    It causes the TouchPad to reboot when I first hit a key
    So I can not compare the tap sensitivity. Sorry.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just installed the Calc12C version on my Touchpad.
    It causes the TouchPad to reboot when I first hit a key
    So I can not compare the tap sensitivity. Sorry.
    I have not included the modifications into the 12C version yet. I would have expected it to run in the TP's Mojo emulator, but I agree that it doesn't.

    EDIT1: Actually, the problem is with webOS 3.0 and Calc12C does run in the Mojo emulator under 3.0.2, so will be sorted with the OTA update.

    EDIT2: And was it?
    Last edited by johncc; 08/04/2011 at 08:36 PM.
  3.    #83  
    If anybody has one, this version should work on a Pre 3, as well as all of the other webOS devices. (subject to the reported tap registration problems on the TP).

    EDIT: removed link to buggy version
    Last edited by johncc; 08/04/2011 at 11:44 PM.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If anybody has one, this version should work on a Pre 3, as well as all of the other webOS devices. (subject to the reported tap registration problems on the TP).

    com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.20.0_all.ipk
    Still doesn't work on the TouchPad. I was able to tap keys, but they didn't match the screen (is this what you mean by registration?) Eventually it caused a Luna restart.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Still doesn't work on the TouchPad. I was able to tap keys, but they didn't match the screen (is this what you mean by registration?) Eventually it caused a Luna restart.
    No that's something new. I just confirmed the problem in the emulator, so I'll have a look at fixing it now.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Still doesn't work on the TouchPad. I was able to tap keys, but they didn't match the screen (is this what you mean by registration?) Eventually it caused a Luna restart.
    I introduced a problem with the TP operation when implementing the Pre 3 operation.

    This version should work. com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.21.0_all.ipk

    Please let me know if it doesn't.
  7.    #87  
    Now that I have a Touchpad, I can report that it works okay. (I will have a look at smoothing the orientation change and then upload to the Homebrew Catalog)
  8. jhdempse's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I introduced a problem with the TP operation when implementing the Pre 3 operation.

    This version should work. com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.21.0_all.ipk

    Please let me know if it doesn't.
    Thanks John, for fixing a great program for the TP. I have always loved the 12C and it worked great on my Pre. But 0.20 caused reboots on the TP as others have described. Looks good to me.

    Thanks again!!!

    Jim D
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhdempse View Post
    Thanks John, for fixing a great program for the TP. I have always loved the 12C and it worked great on my Pre. But 0.20 caused reboots on the TP as others have described. Looks good to me.

    Thanks again!!!

    Jim D
    Thanks Jim. I have run on my TP, but found that running with 'vibrate on' does crash it. Other than that and the tardy reaction to rotation, it is okay. Would that have been your problem?

    I won't have time to address the problem immediately, but will in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/27/2011 at 07:36 PM.
  10. #90  
    John,

    First, thanks for making the HP Calc program available. A decent HP RPN-based calculator is one of the very first applications I seek out for every new platform.

    Is there any chance that would will be able to modify it to so that we increase the size of the calculator on a touchpad? No rush -- but that would be awesome.

    Thanks,
    Craig

    p.s. I also noticed it would crash my touchpad until I hit the little keyboard icon on the bottom to toggle off the vibrate mode.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstevensonaz View Post
    John,

    First, thanks for making the HP Calc program available. A decent HP RPN-based calculator is one of the very first applications I seek out for every new platform.

    Is there any chance that would will be able to modify it to so that we increase the size of the calculator on a touchpad? No rush -- but that would be awesome.

    Thanks,
    Craig

    p.s. I also noticed it would crash my touchpad until I hit the little keyboard icon on the bottom to toggle off the vibrate mode.
    Thanks. Yes vibrate is a problem. Tap the right hand end of the calculator's display to toggle it off. Hope to get time to fix it in a couple of weeks.

    The version linked a couple of posts back, that I organised before I got my TP, is doubled sized. If you have Preware loaded (which everybody should) and set to handle .ipks, you can install it by clicking on the link from within the browser. Apart from slow/jumpy response to rotation and the vibration problem, it seems to work okay and defaults to vibrate off.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/28/2011 at 07:32 AM.
  12.    #92  
    Somehow the version in Preware/Homebrew Catalog reverted to 0.2.0 and I can't access my page to re-upload 0.21.0, so use the link in post# 86 of this thread to download it for the time being.
  13. #93  
    Both this and the other Calc12c don't seem to work on my Pre 3, some of the buttons work and I can use my physical keyboard for numbers but can't seem to get most of the other keys to recognized the input.

    Are you aware of this issue? Happy to help you trouble shoot if you don't have a Pre3 to try it on.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Both this and the other Calc12c don't seem to work on my Pre 3, some of the buttons work and I can use my physical keyboard for numbers but can't seem to get most of the other keys to recognized the input.

    Are you aware of this issue? Happy to help you trouble shoot if you don't have a Pre3 to try it on.
    I wouldn't expect 12C to work as I haven't addressed the key mapping for higher res screens.

    12CS ver 0.21.0 is my 'go to' calculator on my Pre 3. Check the version in Software Manager.
  15. #95  
    thanks! working on my TP now. I always like the HP Calc and RPN.

    The key response seems slow.

    I do have the sensitivity patch installed already if that matters.

    cheers,
    Hugh
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlam92 View Post
    thanks! working on my TP now. I always like the HP Calc and RPN.

    The key response seems slow.

    I do have the sensitivity patch installed already if that matters.

    cheers,
    Hugh
    Yes the key response is a bit slow. I think that it is due to the software mapping of the virtual keys. At least the maths functionality is available.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I wouldn't expect 12C to work as I haven't addressed the key mapping for higher res screens.

    12CS ver 0.21.0 is my 'go to' calculator on my Pre 3. Check the version in Software Manager.
    Sorry it has been a whille but where do I get 0.21.0? I just uninstalled and reinstalled and Preware installed 0.2.0?--which has the same issues with the key mapping.

    Thanks John.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Sorry it has been a whille but where do I get 0.21.0? I just uninstalled and reinstalled and Preware installed 0.2.0?--which has the same issues with the key mapping.

    Thanks John.
    Try this

    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Somehow the version in Preware/Homebrew Catalog reverted to 0.2.0 and I can't access my page to re-upload 0.21.0, so use the link in post# 86 of this thread to download it for the time being.
  19. #99  
    Just allowed Preware to update to the Nov 1 version of 0.21.0. In landscape orientation, the top row of keys is partially hidden (from the middle of the white key cap inscriptions up) and there is a large band of background color horizontally below the bottom row of keys. If there were less background, all keys could be completely visible. See screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vegas89134
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    Just allowed Preware to update to the Nov 1 version of 0.21.0. In landscape orientation, the top row of keys is partially hidden (from the middle of the white key cap inscriptions up) and there is a large band of background color horizontally below the bottom row of keys. If there were less background, all keys could be completely visible. See screenshot.
    I'll look into it. Haven't used it on a Pre 1 for a while.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions