Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Okay! Fingers crossed. This one should work. And I have implemented an orientation lock. If you tap on the left hand end of the display, a lock icon is displayed and the calculator orientation will/should be fixed. (right hand end toggles the feedback icons).

com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.8.0_all.ipk
    I now have a (working) Pre again (thanks PreRunr ) and have confirmed that it is still working correctly on the Pre. I still need a TP owner to confirm that it is now correctly centred in all orientations on the Touchpad. Thanks
    Last edited by johncc; 07/24/2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I still need a TP owner to confirm that it is now correctly centred in all orientations on the Touchpad. Thanks
    Hi,
    I just tested on my TP.
    It is centered in portrait orientation, but not in landscape.
    See screenshot here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10176361/cal...-07_164401.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I downloaded and tested your update. It centers in portrait, but not landscape (it briefly centers then moves to the bottom left corner).

I made a few calculations, which all worked fine. However, when I cleared the registers, it crashed and rebooted my tPad. I found that it crashed with regularity.

Finally, the resolution of the UI is a bit fuzzy -- looks like a picture that has been enlarged too much. This may contribute to the difficulty I experienced in getting the app to recognize when I pressed buttons -- you really have to pay attention as only 1 out of 3 button taps were recognized.

Thanks for bringing the 12c to the tPad. I use both at work and would love to have a solid 12c app.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi,
    I just tested on my TP.
    It is centered in portrait orientation, but not in landscape.
    See screenshot here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10176361/cal...-07_164401.png
    Thanks for the image. It it using the portrait offsets for some reason. Thought that I had fixed that.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbarcus View Post
    I downloaded and tested your update. It centers in portrait, but not landscape (it briefly centers then moves to the bottom left corner).

I made a few calculations, which all worked fine. However, when I cleared the registers, it crashed and rebooted my tPad. I found that it crashed with regularity.

Finally, the resolution of the UI is a bit fuzzy -- looks like a picture that has been enlarged too much. This may contribute to the difficulty I experienced in getting the app to recognize when I pressed buttons -- you really have to pay attention as only 1 out of 3 button taps were recognized.

Thanks for bringing the 12c to the tPad. I use both at work and would love to have a solid 12c app.
    Thanks for testing. I use it regularly on my Pre and don't think that I have ever had it crash. I don't anticipate getting a TP in the foreseeable future, so it will be hard to track down. I will see if I can spot anything by inspection. It would be interesting to know if the crashing is the widespread user experience when using it on the TP.

At the moment, I am just scaling the images Pre/Pixi version images up by 50%, and from Kratus's image above I can see that it is slightly blurry. Might have to use a higher resolution image and scale down for Pre/Pixi.

I don't find key presses a problem myself. And if it's keysize, the Pre ones are about 2/3 the size. Might just need a bit of practice.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/28/2011 at 09:05 PM.
  6.    #66  
    This one should be correctly centred. (EDIT. No it's not - post below)

EDIT: Link to old version removed

However, when I cleared the registers, it crashed and rebooted my tPad. I found that it crashed with regularity.
    Could not crash it with [f] REG in the emulator, so I don't know what's going on with that.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/25/2011 at 07:10 AM.
    The good news: no crashes.
    The bad news: in landscape it still slides to the bottom left corner.

I'll take it, if it works, no matter where it is positioned in the screen.

My tPad was crashing a lot today when I was working in Google Docs -- so the problem I reported earlier could have been entirely unrelated to your app. I did a hard reset on the tPad and all has been well since.
  8.    #68  
    The good news: no crashes.
    The bad news: in landscape it still slides to the bottom left corner.

I'll take it, if it works, no matter where it is positioned in the screen.

My tPad was crashing a lot today when I was working in Google Docs -- so the problem I reported earlier could have been entirely unrelated to your app. I did a hard reset on the tPad and all has been well since.
    I'm please to hear that the crashes are gone! It should be usable in the displaced position, just a pain in the a.se that I can't sort it out. (The TouchPad behaves differently than the Pre and even the TP emulator.)
  9.    #69  
    This version has some diagnostic data displayed in the top left hand corner. Can somebody please load the calculator into a Touchpad and advise me what the 3 lines of data are, together with the direction that the camera edge is facing, in each of the four orientations. Thanks very much.

EDIT: Link to old version removed.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/25/2011 at 07:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This version has some diagnostic data displayed in the top left hand corner. Can somebody please load the calculator into a Touchpad and advise me what the 3 lines of data are, together with the direction that the camera edge is facing, in each of the four orientations. Thanks very much.

com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.11.0_all.ipk
    Camera on left

Camera on top:

Camera on right:

Camera on bottom:

TPad flat on back:

TPad with back to ceiling:
  11.    #71  
    @pebacher Excellent. Thank you.
  12.    #72  
    Maybe this time all orientations will be correct (centred)?

EDIT: removed link to old version.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/28/2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Maybe this time all orientations will be correct (centred)?

com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.12.0_all.ipk
    Johncc - Yes. All orientations are beautifully centered.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    Johncc - Yes. All orientations are beautifully centered.
    Fantastic. Getting that debugged by remote control was a bit of an ordeal. Thanks to everybody who contributed. I will just get a couple of things sorted and update it in the P|C Catalog.
  15.    #75  
    This one has a black background, which I think should look nicer. What do you think?

EDIT: Removed link to older version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johncc; 07/27/2011 at 07:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    yes, it's better-looking with black.

I too experience sensitivity issues: every second tap or so is not recognized.
    sadly, it makes the app pretty useless.
    is there anything you can do for it?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    yes, it's better-looking with black.

I too experience sensitivity issues: every second tap or so is not recognized.
    sadly, it makes the app pretty useless.
    is there anything you can do for it?

Disappointed to hear about the tap problem.

Maybe it's a problem of running Mojo programs under webOS 3. I can reliably key at better than 2/sec on the Pre. I will have a look for some optimisation.

Does the same thing happen when running the current Homebrew Catalog version in the onscreen emulator?

Do the active key areas accurately register with the key graphics on the screen. It looks okay on the SDK emulator?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'll try and let you know.
    But not shure I'll come to it before my vacation.

19.    #79  
    This version may be a little better performing on the input side? I'd be interested in any comments regarding the key tap operations.

com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.14.0_all.ipk

I won't update the Homebrew Catalog version while there are key input problems.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    This version may be a little better performing on the input side? I'd be interested in any comments regarding the key tap operations.

com.palm.app.johncc.calc12cs_0.14.0_all.ipk

I won't update the Homebrew Catalog version while there are key input problems.
    Sorry, no improvement...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast