1.    #1  
    Hey,

I'm the dev of a commercial Downloadmanager called Frizzle. I would like to work with the precentral community again to get things serious. Since a real Download Manager is a complex thing I want to build it up based on request users would like to have.

Here is what Frizzle already has:

- download of direct urls (doesn't matter what files)
    - multiple Downloads
    - inportant informations like download size, amount of already downloaded data, download speed etc.
    - choosing where to save files on the usb storage
    - logging information for quick debugging (experts only)

Here is what I'm currently working on:

- download history
    - open of finished downloads
    - automatic open of finished downloads
    - aborting of downloads when wifi connection is lost (to save you data plan)
    - browser mode. Downloading files through the browser

Here is what isn't possible:

- megaupload download (I don't see any way at the moment)
    - resume/pause of downloads (Palm doesn't support it)

Known Bugs:

- downloading is cpu intensive (even with 800 mhz)
    - if you try to swipe and delete a download, it might happen that the refresh routine 'swipes back'

Okay here are some screenshots:

Download the ipk file here: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...1&d=1280755982

Please give me as much feedback as you can! Thank you in advance.
    This Beta is valid until September this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Count me in...I'll read the description and get the ipk. Actually, what are we suppose to be downloading with frizzle? Considering that we can already use the Multi Mod patch to download MP3 and Jason made it possible to install IPKS via Internalz.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Count me in...I'll read the description and get the ipk. Actually, what are we suppose to be downloading with frizzle? Considering that we can already use the Multi Mod patch to download MP3 and Jason made it possible to install IPKS via Internalz.
    First of thank you! Well you must consider those things you are talking about are patches / homebrew. That's what normal people out there will never have. For most only the app catalog exists. Also you are able to download for example html files from servers. So for me as halftime webdesigner it's a very good thing.

On the other hand for me important informations are missing. For example current download rate and total amount of the download. Not being able to say where to save the download...

For example I was able to download a linux distro via Wifi yesterday (700 mb). I didn't had the WLAN login so I couldn't get a connection with my laptop but with my little Palm because login information was already entered there.

I would like that beta testers test everything they can think of and then tell me what they are missing or what doesn't work. Right now I know the app doesn't feel that handy. But these are things that will workout as time passes .
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    First of thank you! Well you must consider those things you are talking about are patches / homebrew. That's what normal people out there will never have. For most only the app catalog exists. Also you are able to download for example html files from servers. So for me as halftime webdesigner it's a very good thing.

On the other hand for me important informations are missing. For example current download rate and total amount of the download. Not being able to say where to save the download...

For example I was able to download a linux distro via Wifi yesterday (700 mb). I didn't had the WLAN login so I couldn't get a connection with my laptop but with my little Palm because login information was already entered there.

I would like that beta testers test everything they can think of and then tell me what they are missing or what doesn't work. Right now I know the app doesn't feel that handy. But these are things that will workout as time passes .
    Thanks for clearing that up
    Any way you can post the IPK itself to this thread (unzipped)? Not where I have access to a PC which I am able to unzip files.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I bought Frizzle from the App Catalog, what is the difference from Frizzle to Frizzle Beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any way you can post the IPK itself to this thread (unzipped)? Not where I have access to a PC which I am able to unzip files.
    If you have the current Save/Restore installed & Terminal you can unzip right from your pre. In terminal type cd /media/internal/folder-name/ than push enter. Than type unzip /media/internal/file-location/file-name.zip and it will say something and whatever file location you entered the first time is where it's saved at. Haha. And you can install it with Internalz.
    unfortunately, I cannot unzip with terminal...it gives me an error about unknown magic number
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I bought Frizzle from the App Catalog, what is the difference from Frizzle to Frizzle Beta?
    Well the Beta is limited to August this year. Then it will stop working. The main purpose of this beta is to test experimental functions and to extract bugs before the 'Beta' hits the App Catalog. For me as a dev it helps a lot to get that kind of feedback without getting a bad review. But Frizzle is my 'bad child' at the moment. Today for e.g. I got a one star review: "App doesn't work..." I would love to ask that user how (the hell) I should work on this problem if he isn't even describing what isn't working for him!? More then frustrating. That's why I like to make this Beta Tests here. Users most times give a perfect feedback. It's fun to work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    unfortunately, I cannot unzip with terminal...it gives me an error about unknown magic number
    Could you give a screenshot or the exact response from terminal?

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    No. Because precentral Forum's doesn't allow direct uploads of ipk files as attach.
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    If you're getting a 'magic' number, I think that's because file is corrupt & didn't download correctly. I try to use the desktop version of PreCentral.net when downloading .zip files and then opening. But I guess it doesn't really matter. You can try emailing it to yourself by the 'Email Attachment' from the mobile site and then looking for it like they showed as one of the PreCentral.net articles stated.
    yeah, I just unzipped it on my computer and emailed it. It worked fine that way, I was just wondering if anyone knew the cause of that error. I will try to test frizzle sometime soon.
    an easy way to open zip files would go great with this app. I haven't tried the method above yet, but if it works, I've been looking for something like that.