1.    #1  
    How do I make an app request. I would love to see an app that allows us to switch between a static IP address on our wifi to one assigned by DHCP and back. I would like to be able to define the gateway, IP and subnet as well as DNS servers.
    hmm

to me that sounds like more of a homebrew/internals type of app and patch. Have you tried going on irc and talking to some of the guys about what might be possible? If you have some interest and a littlw background they would probably even help you program one up yourself.

internalz info can be found here. Main Page - WebOS Internals

I realize that may not be the best answer you can hope for, but it might help you with getting where you want to be.
  3.    #3  
    wind - I don't have the time nor the background skills to do this unfortunately. Basically all it should need to be is a gui for the config file for the wifi card. The name of the file has been posted here as well as how to edit it from a terminal sitting at a laptop, but I would like to be able to do it from the phone if possible. I could be way off though. If webos is based off of linux, I don't see why it couldn't be done fairly easily, but again I don't have the background to know for sure.

I don't think it would even need patching, since it is just modifying a text file. It might need to change the permissions on the text file though.
  4.    #4  
    To whomever moved the thread.. thanks. I wasn't sure where to start it.