Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 99
  1.    #1  
    Description:

    Profiles is an easy to use app that allows for automatic changing of the Quick launcher and Launcher icon positions as well as changing the Wallpaper. Plus, you can hide Media/Files, change your ringtone and even enable/disable Blink notifications and showing notifications when locked. These features are all optional. It allows users to save layouts to profiles. There are 11 different profiles to choose from. *This app requires the filemgr service.*

    Profiles works in such a way that you change the settings and layouts on your device and THEN save it to a Profile.

    Dependencies:

    Profiles depends on the IPKG Service (comes with Preware) from webOSinternals and the filemgr Service from Canuck Software.

    Although, you needn't worry about separately installing the services you don't currently have installed; they will automatically be installed when Profiles is installed via Preware.

    License:

    This application is licensed under the MIT license

    Changelog:

    v0.1.01 August 4th 2010

    - Removed email sync frequency changing due to conflicts with other webOS apps
    - Suppressed Wallpaper errors

    v0.1.0 August 3rd 2010

    - saves data in /media/internal/
    - added Media/File hiding
    - Added change email sync frequency support
    - Fixed bugs
    - Changed 'Nine' to 'Weekend'
    - Added ringtone, blink notifications and show notifications when locked support
    - Added help scene

    v0.0.998 July 26th 2010

    - No profiles come included in app
    - There is now a first-use scene
    - Added Loading text to index.html to avoid prolonged "white screen"
    - Added dialogs to inform users when no layout is saved to a Profile
    - Overall, changes some things around, made more robust/stable

    v0.0.991 July 24th 2010

    - Fixed dependency error that prevented installation

    v0.0.99 July 23rd 2010

    - Initial Release

    Download:

    You can download it from the PreCentral Feed or Preware
    Known Issues:

    None so far - v0.1.01

    Please provide feedback so I know what to improve in future releases.

    If you have issues: Please inform me what version of webOS you used it on, so I can weed out what versions do/do not work correctly. It has been tested on 1.4.x releases and works.
    Last edited by diov; 08/04/2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: updated to 0.1.01
  2. #2  
    Looking forward to trying this, but it will not install. When try to install it I get a "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" and I am not sure how to post you the information the Log provides. Does this app patch WebOS at all? If so maybe one of my patches it messing with it.

    Part of the Log says:
    -1:Unable to run command: /user/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target":"/media/internal/.developer/com.diov_.profiles-device_0.0.0.9_all_0.ipk","uncompressedSize":0}'2>&1

    And the FileMgr Service is installed along with the latest version of Preware 1.2.5
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 07/24/2010 at 12:37 AM.
  3. #3  
    I receive the same error.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Looking forward to trying this, but it will not install. When try to install it I get a "Error Installing: See IPKG Log" and I am not sure how to post you the information the Log provides. Does this app patch WebOS at all? If so maybe one of my patches it messing with it.

    Part of the Log says:
    -1:Unable to run command: /user/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target":"/media/internal/.developer/com.diov_.profiles-device_0.0.0.9_all_0.ipk","uncompressedSize":0}'2>&1

    And the FileMgr Service is installed along with the latest version of Preware 1.2.5
    I think I know what the issue is. I believe there is a dependancy listed that preware can't find. Anyways, ill put a new version out tomorrow morning. Be sure to tell me if it still doesn't work.
  5.    #5  
    Okay, I put up a new version - 0.0.991 it should work but, if it doesn't I have another idea so please let me know!

    It may not be in Preware just yet... give it a couple hours

    EDIT: It's there now and works during my tests! Woooo Hooo
    Last edited by diov; 07/24/2010 at 02:17 PM.
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    I think I know what the issue is. I believe there is a dependancy listed that preware can't find. Anyways, ill put a new version out tomorrow morning. Be sure to tell me if it still doesn't work.
    Just Installed, everything worked fine. I will play with it a bit and share my results later.

    Thanks for updating the app!
  7. #7  
    I would suggest that you don't have profiles created already. Have the users start by creating their own. Not knowing what I was doing I selected "Day" and it restarted changing my launcher Icons etc. That could be VERY irritating to someone. I was lucky to have SaverRestore so I got everything back the way I had it.

    I will keep playing with it more.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I would suggest that you don't have profiles created already. Have the users start by creating their own. Not knowing what I was doing I selected "Day" and it restarted changing my launcher Icons etc. That could be VERY irritating to someone. I was lucky to have SaverRestore so I got everything back the way I had it.

    I will keep playing with it more.
    Ok, so i did the same thing here, I selected day before editing my profile and day all off my apps including (PROFILE) has dis appeared from my Launcher pages. There are still on the phone as I can see them through the app Catalog however because it is not a Approved WEB os app I can not launch it from there.

    Any ideas on how to get it all back without Web Doctor? I have save restore also but again it is not a valid Webos app so i can not open.
    Help!!!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Ok, so i did the same thing here, I selected day before editing my profile and day all off my apps including (PROFILE) has dis appeared from my Launcher pages. There are still on the phone as I can see them through the app Catalog however because it is not a Approved WEB os app I can not launch it from there.

    Any ideas on how to get it all back without Web Doctor? I have save restore also but again it is not a valid Webos app so i can not open.
    Help!!!
    Try rebooting your phone. Make sure you installed via Preware (or have Preware installed). I wasn't able to reproduce this problem, what device are you using?
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  10. #10  
    I tried that and had no luck. I am using the Palm Pre. The problem is that even Preware is not accesable now. Again I can see it in the list of applicantions installed but can not access it.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I tried that and had no luck. I am using the Palm Pre. The problem is that even Preware is not accesable now. Again I can see it in the list of applicantions installed but can not access it.
    Interesting, I haven't come across this issue. What version are you running (of webOS)?

    Possible Fix:

    enable dev mode, connect your pre to your PC and open webOS quick install. Then Select tools -> Tweaks -> Online Repository. Look for the Advanced Options in Launcher Patch. Select Install. When It does; open launcher -> tap the app Menu -> Then Advanced Options -> and finally Rescan Applications. Wait a minute or two. Try a reboot. Hopefully that'll work for you.
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I tried that and had no luck. I am using the Palm Pre. The problem is that even Preware is not accesable now. Again I can see it in the list of applicantions installed but can not access it.
    I could still use all my apps, it was just that ALL icons moved to one page. But I was able to open Save/Restore and restore the "launcher" and it corrected all my icons after a luna reset.

    Again, I would suggest keeping the profiles "empty" until a user creates them.

    PS: I have a Palm Pre (Sprint) with 1.4.1.1 WebOS version.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I could still use all my apps, it was just that ALL icons moved to one page. But I was able to open Save/Restore and restore the "launcher" and it corrected all my icons after a luna reset.

    Again, I would suggest keeping the profiles "empty" until a user creates them.

    PS: I have a Palm Pre (Sprint) with 1.4.1.1 WebOS version.
    I have updated the app based on you suggestion, so thank you! I have one more thing to do before I push it out. Look for it sometime tomorrow.

    Also, I would recommend to ANYONE that they not install this unless they are on webOS 1.4.1(.x) or higher
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    I have updated the app based on you suggestion, so thank you! I have one more thing to do before I push it out. Look for it sometime tomorrow.

    Also, I would recommend to ANYONE that they not install this unless they are on webOS 1.4.1(.x) or higher
    Your Welcome. Look forward to checking it out tomorrow! Good luck. Seems to be working well for me other than what I mentioned earlier.

    Not sure what you did in the update, but other than leaving the "profiles" empty until a user creates them, you could have the app create a "user" profile on first start, this way they already have a backup made.

    Once again, good luck, will check it out tomorrow.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Your Welcome. Look forward to checking it out tomorrow! Good luck. Seems to be working well for me other than what I mentioned earlier.

    Not sure what you did in the update, but other than leaving the "profiles" empty until a user creates them, you could have the app create a "user" profile on first start, this way they already have a backup made.

    Once again, good luck, will check it out tomorrow.
    Okay, new version (0.0.998) submitted to PreCentral feed. Should be in Preware soon. This version doesn't include any profiles, users are greeted with a "first use" scene on first run only that acts like a "Wizard" would on a PC. Also the users layout is automatically backed up and can be restored from edit mode. All in all, I've been able to touch some things up here and there, make it more robust and stable. And thanks for the Ideas
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  16.    #16  
    General Notice (Not Related to Profiles but, Users May Experience)

    When wifi is not connected and when the filemgr service installs at the same time as Profiles; it automatically restarts Java (as all Java services do), and network connectivity (except wifi) is lost. So, Profiles will not be installed (the filemgr service will be) and an error will occur. Once your radio comes back on just tap install and Profiles will install. This doesn't occur when connected to Wifi. Nor, is it a bug with Profiles or related to Profiles at all. Also, this only occurs when installing via Preware.
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  17. #17  
    Glad to hear you got it updated. Will check it out when I see it. More than happy to offer ideas! Thanks for listening to them.
  18. #18  
    I am looking forward to seeing the new release. One more suggestion that I have which would improve the app in my mind is if you were able to create something that would enable an automatic trigger such as a time scheduler. Example: 6 am Phone selects the day profile, 5 pm automatically selects the evening profile, 5 pm on Friday automatically selects the weekend profile and 6 am on Monday returns to the normal day profile.

    Any thoughts?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  19. #19  
    I don't see this listed in preware. Am I missing something?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    I don't see this listed in preware. Am I missing something?
    I've noticed that too, so I resubmitted today and should show up soon.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions