Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    it would be very helpful if you could provide a better help menu/feature desribing how this application is suppose to work. More screen shots or a Youtube video would be helpful.

Thank you
    I'll add that in soon Thanks!
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Thanks! I had to remove the email sync frequency in version 0.1.01 because it is so intertwined with the applications above. And I'm not sure most people would want that.
    Also I am not sure if this is related but I have a pretty good feeling that it was. While I was flipping back and forth confirming that these are problems the last time I changed profiles, I got a message on my phone saying it needed to reset and I would need to sign into my Palm account after restarting. I was very disappointed to find that it completely wiped my phone clean off all apps, and patches when it finally came back up.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

I just installed it via PreWare. Is this the same ap another thread is referring to as "mode switcher?"
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    I just installed it via PreWare. Is this the same ap another thread is referring to as "mode switcher?"
    no its not the same app. Profiles is like htc scenes for android. While mode switcher is more like locale for android.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Also I am not sure if this is related but I have a pretty good feeling that it was. While I was flipping back and forth confirming that these are problems the last time I changed profiles, I got a message on my phone saying it needed to reset and I would need to sign into my Palm account after restarting. I was very disappointed to find that it completely wiped my phone clean off all apps, and patches when it finally came back up.
    I'm sorry this happened to you but thank you for letting me know. But it won't happen anymore, since its been removed in v0.1.01
    Last edited by diov; 08/05/2010 at 08:25 PM.
    This goes toward the developer, is it possible to make this app work with the patch to send calls straight to voicemail in the ringtone option.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdime004 View Post
    This goes toward the developer, is it possible to make this app work with the patch to send calls straight to voicemail in the ringtone option.
    can you tell me the name of the patch? I couldn't find it in preware
    The patch is called Per-Contact Call Rejection, the problem is when i select Direct to voicemail as a ringtone which is suppose to send the call to voicemail and i save it as a nite profile and then click on nite it just saves the default ringtone instead.
  9.    #89  
    The patch is called Per-Contact Call Rejection, the problem is when i select Direct to voicemail as a ringtone which is suppose to send the call to voicemail and i save it as a nite profile and then click on nite it just saves the default ringtone instead.
    I'll test it out
    Diov,

It finally showed up in Preware. Finally.

Thanks!
    Last edited by playdope9; 08/06/2010 at 11:42 AM.
  11.    #91  
    No, it doesn't work since it is kept in PalmDatabase.db3 and that causes issues with other apps if I add support for that.
    well is it possilbe to make a patch of ur own that sends call straight to voicemail without the phone ringing its self, or even implement it within the Profile app, is there anyway way around it.
    great job
    Last edited by huffman01; 08/14/2010 at 10:19 PM.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'd very much like this app to work on my Pixi Plus. All I'd like it to do is keep the Launcher apps in the order and location that I rearrange them on. But with every reset the Profile app fails to restore the Launcher layouts, and everything is back the defaults.

In Edit Mode is "says" it Saved the Profile, is there a subsequent action that need to happen to make the Profile "valid" and restoreable? Please advise.
    Last edited by cartogary; 08/30/2010 at 06:52 PM.
    Very interesting app here, I'm downloading now. I can see this as being really useful as when I go to Military Duty and don't want everyone to see all my photos. I can even change my ring tone to things during this time to the one's I find funny, but really aren't work friendly.

Great work!
    Trying to get the hang of this. What is the function of these buttons in edit mode: Defaults and User Layout? Are Bluetooth and Wi-fi settings saved to profiles?
    Visor->650->Pre
    I'm running Palm webOS 1.4.5 with ATT 1.1 configuration on a Palm Pre Plus. I seem to be getting errors similar to what pjjohn73 & squeezy posted in July of this year.

Here's the IPKG Log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    62 83176 62 52346 0 0 12684 0 0:00:06 0:00:04 0:00:02 50080
    100 83176 100 83176 0 0 18621 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 60671
    identify
    com.diov.profiles-device
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/com.diov_.profiles-device_0.1.01_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

I note that you posted a fix and that people seem to be happy with it but I'm wondering if you have any insight into why I might be getting this error. Pre plus, maybe?

Also, I'm downloading "Profiles", not "Profiles for webOS...same thing?
    Hi, I have just downloaded version 0.1.01 to run on WebOS 2.1.0 on a Pre 2, but when I try and save a profile it fails with the error "Launcher File/Directory does not exist". The first time I opened the App it flashed up a couple of error messages about directories not be found - but I couldn't repeat them the second time the App opened.
    Thanks.
    This wont install for my Touchpad. I have webOS 3.0.2 and im using WiFi to connect.

I installed “filemgr” and I think it asked me to restart java. I didn’t right away. And tried to install Profiles v0.1.01 but it got stuck at the install.
    Since then I powered off and on the Touchpad 3 times and tried to install Profiles.
    I used Preware to check that “filemgr” is already installed.

When I try to install “Profiles” it gets stuck at
    “Transferred: 77267/ 77267 ,
    Time left: - ,
    Transfer Speed: 50011”
    which indicates it fully downloaded but is getting stuck at installing it?

I also connected the Touchpad to the PC and tried installing Profiles using the webOS program with preware but that didn’t work either.
    What do I do? I installed the latest files as of 08/26/11
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345