Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Maybe I missed this...

I get an Error "File/directory does not exist" when I click to save one of the layouts in Edit Mode. Is there a fix to this?
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by aus2srq View Post
    Maybe I missed this...

I get an Error "File/directory does not exist" when I click to save one of the layouts in Edit Mode. Is there a fix to this?
    what version of webOS are you on? What carrier? What device? What version of Profiles?

I need this info to see what issue it is.

this doesn't work on emulator.
    Maybe I missed this...

same error. webos 1.4.1.1, verizon, pre plus, profiles 0.0.998
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo99 View Post
    same error. webos 1.4.1.1, verizon, pre plus, profiles 0.0.998
    Can you try to use internalz. And see if the user dock positions are there on /var/palm/user-dock-positions.json
    Let me know?
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Can you try to use internalz. And see if the user dock positions are there on /var/palm/user-dock-positions.json
    Let me know?
    file doesn't exist
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo99 View Post
    file doesn't exist
    It's been fixed for the Next Release. Stay tuned!
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    webOS 1.4.1.1, Sprint, Palm Pre, Profiles v0.0.998

Yes, /var/palm/user-dock-positions.json contains "quicklauncher" positions.
  8.    #68  
    webOS 1.4.1.1, Sprint, Palm Pre, Profiles v0.0.998

Yes, /var/palm/user-dock-positions.json contains "quicklauncher" positions.
    Yep, can you check /var/palm/data/file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0/0000000000000005.db

let me know if it exists or not or if the name isn't ...00005.db then what it is.

Also, if not can you check /media/internal/.wallpapers/wallpaper-temp.jpg and let me know if that dir exists, you'll need to have 'show hidden files' turned on to check this one.

Thanks,
    diov
  9.    #69  
    Profiles has been updated to 0.1.0 changelog:

v0.1.0 August 3rd 2010

- saves data in /media/internal/
    - added Media/File hiding
    - Added change email sync frequency support
    - Fixed bugs
    - Changed 'Nine' to 'Weekend'
    - Added ringtone, blink notifications and show notifications when locked support
    - Added help scene

Might take a while to show up in the feed
    Yep, can you check /var/palm/data/file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0/0000000000000005.db

let me know if it exists or not or if the name isn't ...00005.db then what it is.

Also, if not can you check /media/internal/.wallpapers/wallpaper-temp.jpg and let me know if that dir exists, you'll need to have 'show hidden files' turned on to check this one.

Thanks,
    diov

Yes, ...0005.db exists.

No, there is not /media/internal/.wallpapers/wallpaper-temp.jpg does not exist in this dir.

~Aus2Srq
    Diov,

I have read evey post in this thread. And nowhere does it say how to dl or where to dl your program.

Please let us use it. It still isn'y showing up in Preware so send us the link.

This link says 404 File not found.
    ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precentral/com.diov_.profiles-device_0.0.998_all.ipk

This link doent have any files to DL either
    precentral.net/homebrew-apps/profiles

Please give us instructions on how to install this program.

Thanks!
    Last edited by playdope9; 08/03/2010 at 04:07 PM.
    I've installed the newest version and am still getting "Bg file/directory does not exsist". I'm verizon palm pre plus running all the current versions.
    Last edited by awesomepalmpre; 08/03/2010 at 08:47 PM.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepalmpre View Post
    I've installed the newest version and am still getting "Bg file/directory does not exsist". I'm verizon palm pre plus running all the current versions.
    I've suppressed that error in v0.1.01. However, I'm not sure wallpaper switching will work for you so take an image and name it wallpaper-temp.jpg and put it in /media/internal/.wallpaper(s)
    Wont let me dowlaod. i keep getting "error: IPKG log"
    Profiles has been updated to 0.1.0 changelog:

v0.1.0 August 3rd 2010

- saves data in /media/internal/
    - added Media/File hiding
    - Added change email sync frequency support
    - Fixed bugs
    - Changed 'Nine' to 'Weekend'
    - Added ringtone, blink notifications and show notifications when locked support
    - Added help scene

Might take a while to show up in the feed

The update is working great with the exception of a few glitches

Text messages - When changing from profile to profile it remembers the text messages that were there when the profile was created so you loose all new text messages and it brings back all old text messages.

Calender Events - Calender events that were set when the switch was made to a new profile immediately go off once you change into the new profile.

Caller ID Pics - When changing from profile to Profile I noticed the the Caller ID pictures disappear after the change and also the ones that do not disappear become very small and pixilated. So now I will have to go back and replace all of my 300 caller ID pics.

I am very pleased with the additiosns however untill these few things are fixed it is still not where I need it to be.

Beyond those few items I really like what you have done at this point. I do have a question I noticed one of the changes is "- added Media/File hiding" what exactly does this mean or do?

Also if you could add one more option as a Silent or Meeting option that would be great.

Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by huffman01; 08/04/2010 at 05:01 PM.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Is there anyway to change the profile names? I'm having trouble remembering which backgrounds are on what numbers.

Awesome App btw! Thanks.
    it would be very helpful if you could provide a better help menu/feature desribing how this application is suppose to work. More screen shots or a Youtube video would be helpful.

Thank you
    regarding the listing for your older version, you mean "Deprecated", not depracted (which isn't a word at all as far as I know).
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    The update is working great with the exception of a few glitches

Text messages - When changing from profile to profile it remembers the text messages that were there when the profile was created so you loose all new text messages and it brings back all old text messages.

Calender Events - Calender events that were set when the switch was made to a new profile immediately go off once you change into the new profile.

Caller ID Pics - When changing from profile to Profile I noticed the the Caller ID pictures disappear after the change and also the ones that do not disappear become very small and pixilated. So now I will have to go back and replace all of my 300 caller ID pics.

I am very pleased with the additiosns however untill these few things are fixed it is still not where I need it to be.

Beyond those few items I really like what you have done at this point. I do have a question I noticed one of the changes is "- added Media/File hiding" what exactly does this mean or do?

Also if you could add one more option as a Silent or Meeting option that would be great.

Keep up the great work.
    Thanks! I had to remove the email sync frequency in version 0.1.01 because it is so intertwined with the applications above. And I'm not sure most people would want that.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    changes is "- added Media/File hiding" what exactly does this mean or do?

Keep up the great work.
    Media/File hiding allows you to put any media or file into a profile folder on /media/internal/profiles/media/.day etc. But anything put in that folder won't show up in any apps unless the corresponding profile is selected. Hope that helps
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast