Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing the new release. One more suggestion that I have which would improve the app in my mind is if you were able to create something that would enable an automatic trigger such as a time scheduler. Example: 6 am Phone selects the day profile, 5 pm automatically selects the evening profile, 5 pm on Friday automatically selects the weekend profile and 6 am on Monday returns to the normal day profile.

Any thoughts?
    Good idea there...
    I'm slightly hesitant to install until I see a fair amount of feedback.

One question: I've tried installing Mode Switcher but cannot get it to open. How does Profiles (or the overall concept) differ from that of MS?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Good idea there...
    I'm slightly hesitant to install until I see a fair amount of feedback.

One question: I've tried installing Mode Switcher but cannot get it to open. How does Profiles (or the overall concept) differ from that of MS?
    Profiles changes the launcher layout, dock positions and wallpaper.

Mode switcher does certain things based on 'triggers' the user sets.

Also, make sure you have the 'Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot' patch installed. You need it to use mode switcher I believe
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing the new release. One more suggestion that I have which would improve the app in my mind is if you were able to create something that would enable an automatic trigger such as a time scheduler. Example: 6 am Phone selects the day profile, 5 pm automatically selects the evening profile, 5 pm on Friday automatically selects the weekend profile and 6 am on Monday returns to the normal day profile.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks for the idea! That's definitely something I'm considering as an option for a future release. Thanks
    Profiles is an easy to use app that allows for automatic changing of the Dock and Launcher positions as well as changing the wallpaper. It also allows users to save layouts to profiles.There are 11 different profiles to choose from.
    Be sure to check it out!

Dock & launcher positions? By launcher positions, do you mean the launcher page icons? And what is meant by Dock positions?

Thanks.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post

Also, make sure you have the 'Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot' patch installed. You need it to use mode switcher I believe

got it. i've tried everything but doctoring. i'd rather wait for the next webos update to see if the problem goes away. sconix seems to think it's a system problem and not a software bug since i seem to be the rare case.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Profiles is an easy to use app that allows for automatic changing of the Dock and Launcher positions as well as changing the wallpaper. It also allows users to save layouts to profiles.There are 11 different profiles to choose from.
    Be sure to check it out!

Dock & launcher positions? By launcher positions, do you mean the launcher page icons? And what is meant by Dock positions?

Thanks.
    By that I mean the icons for the applications, it changes their positions in the launcher and dock.
    com.diov_.profiles-device_0.0.998_all.ipk
    Edit Mode

When I push a profile botton it shows "Error: File/directory does not exit"
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    dnt see this in preware, where is this profiles app located? Nevermind I got it.
    I still can't find this in Preware. Any Help anyone?

I opened up list of everything and then started typing "profiles" and I get nothing.
    Couple quick questions that I'm unclear on..

Does it change the phone app background or anything there?

If I change all of my icons on the launcher to different icons or colors, does it switch between those and the ones I saved under a previous profile?

Is there a detailed list somewhere of every little thing that this changes (obviously based on what you set up as a *profile*..)?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I also still don't see it in Preware. Can't find it by searching or viewing "Everything" chronologically/alphabetically. I'm using a Sprint Pre and I'd love to start using Profiles...
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbidybeebop View Post
    I also still don't see it in Preware. Can't find it by searching or viewing "Everything" chronologically/alphabetically. I'm using a Sprint Pre and I'd love to start using Profiles...
    I just used qi....seems to work fine...is there a reason for using only Preware?
    Not sure this is a valid reason, but not needing to plug into my computer sounds pretty good... LOL.

I'll try to find it in QI though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    Not sure this is a valid reason, but not needing to plug into my computer sounds pretty good... LOL.

I'll try to find it in QI though.
    lol...yea I think I'm the only person on the planet who prefers to use QI...

In preware...I wonder if you have to have a certain feed open?
    i know this might sound stupid but i might as well ask

i can't seem to make this work. dont know ho to work it. when i enter to edit the profile, i cant seem to make any changes... then it resets (which i know it does after an edit)

help?!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post

i can't seem to make this work. dont know ho to work it. when i enter to edit the profile, i cant seem to make any changes... then it resets (which i know it does after an edit)

help?!
    That's kinda what I was wondering...there doesn't seem to be *instructions* per se..

In my best guess, if you make your "profile" how you want it, then save it (as night or day, or as a number)...then go and change your profile again, and save that one to a different spot...you can then switch back and forth between them.

Again, this is my best guess..lol..I haven't actually tried it yet..
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    That's kinda what I was wondering...there doesn't seem to be *instructions* per se..

In my best guess, if you make your "profile" how you want it, then save it (as night or day, or as a number)...then go and change your profile again, and save that one to a different spot...you can then switch back and forth between them.

Again, this is my best guess..lol..I haven't actually tried it yet..
    yep, you pretty much nailed it.

Also, I still haven't seen this in Preware yet, I'll wait a couple hours more but, then I'll start looking into it.
  18.    #38  

help?!
    it shouldn't be reseting after you leave Edit mode.

help?!
    I too feel stupid I don't know what this app does. And I don't know what "the dock" is on a pre. ? Could somebody post a morons guide to this with screen shots?
    @diov

I still don't see Profiles in Preware after two days. I was downloading it fine when you originally put it up. I know I can install through WebOSQuickInstall, but just for your information it is not showing up on Preware.

@xBRIMSTON3x

I was downloading it fine before, and now can't, so I think it has nothing to do with the feeds.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast