1.    #1  
    Appstuh announces TS Clock, an app designed for use on the Touchstone (can be used without TS) to show you the current time.

The point is for night time use to eliminate the use of an alarm clock (at least to eliminate the use to see the time), though it can be used perfectly on a desk, etc.

You can use it while charging or not, though we recommend only using it while you're charging your device (since it keeps the screen on the whole time the app is open).

This app is very useful for seeing the current time, as it provides it in the format hours:minutes:seconds and it should work on the Pre and the Pixi.

It will be available for install through Preware soon (since we submitted it to P|C just now).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 07/14/2010 at 07:17 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    screenshot?
    Sounds interesting. Will try it out when submission goes through.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    screenshot?
    Yes, sorry about that. I just added the screenshot to the main post.

As I said, this app is very basic. At this time the app doesn't check for your time format preference and instead just uses 24-hour time.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    I don't get it? I see the current time now while on the TouchStone w/out an extra app.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/14/2010 at 07:29 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    looks cool. Is there a reason to use this instead of timepiece or are they basically the same?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I don't get it? I see the current time now while on the TouchStone w/out an extra app.
    The reason I made this is because it allows me to keep the device on its side (left landscape mode) to be better suited for my taste.

This is more for people who want an option to have the clock in landscape. Plus, this one shows the seconds

Additionally, you can put this into card view to keep the clock visible that way.
    Arthur Thornton

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    looks cool. Is there a reason to use this instead of timepiece or are they basically the same?
    I don't know what functionality timepiece has, but this is a very basic clock at this time.

I would assume Timepiece doesn't set the screen to stay on, while this does.
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The reason I made this is because it allows me to keep the device on its side (left landscape mode) to be better suited for my taste.

This is more for people who want an option to have the clock in landscape. Plus, this one shows the seconds

Additionally, you can put this into card view to keep the clock visible that way.
    Okay, I get it, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I don't know what functionality timepiece has, but this is a very basic clock at this time.

I would assume Timepiece doesn't set the screen to stay on, while this does.
    Timepiece does have a setting to keep the screen on.
  11.    #11  
    Well the API I am using is an "unofficial" API, so I guess the one they use is the delay screen timeout option.

Mine literally tells webOS to not turn the screen off.
    Arthur Thornton

Timepiece keeps the screen on and also includes an alarm clock function.

You should check it out, maybe you will get some ideas on how to improve this app.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Timepiece keeps the screen on and also includes an alarm clock function.

You should check it out, maybe you will get some ideas on how to improve this app.
    I will be improving this app, but it won't be extremely fast development (since I will add features that are more important to me; and because it is free).

I will be adding features though and I have a few planned (like the alarm clock functionality) since doing something like an alarm app would make this perfect for TS owners who want to get rid of their normal alarm clock.
    Arthur Thornton

buddy I was Searching for something which wouldd show me seconds in the digital Clock
    perfect bingo from me
    uinfortunately i'l have to wait some more time till i reach 10
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Simple and easy...but I dislike converting time to 12 hr in my head :-) Any chance of a toggle?
    The background looks grey to me. Black would be great. (but maybe it is black - with a low contrast ratio?)

EDIT: No. Must be grey. The default TS clock display has a blacker background.

EDIT2: the palm-dark CSS class that is used does have a dark grey background. (#393e43). I have made my background color black and text color light grey.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/04/2010 at 06:11 PM.