Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    VKB now shows an error after the recent update. The error message is as follows "could not load configuration file KB_Config.json. Try to reinstall VKB default Themes and Config". I reinstalled but that didnt help. Any ideas please?
    You probably just have to wait for it to be updated again.
    What I did was uninstall Virtual Keyboard as well as VKB default themes and configuration. Then, reinstall virtual keyboard and everything should work just fine.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You probably just have to wait for it to be updated again.
    I was just trying to make sure that im not the only one getting the error
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    What I did was uninstall Virtual Keyboard as well as VKB default themes and configuration. Then, reinstall virtual keyboard and everything should work just fine.
    I'll try this and see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The update also made virtual keyboard not work.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help.
    To get it to work again, I had to go in usb mode, delete the virtual keyboard
    folder, go into preware ,uninstall,reboot,back in preware and install , then it worked just fine.
    But now its a different looking keyboard. Doesn't look like the pre keyboard,
    when I hit the symbal button,all the symbols pop up underneath bottom row.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Got the same error! Anyone have any luck with this update?
    I'm getting this, as well.. I just removed it.. Obviously there's a bug when a update came out.. It should be fixed soon sometimes..
    Good thing we have an actual keyboard as well!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I updated my VK and when I opened Preware again, VK was in the update folder again, so I updated one more time and it worked fine. VK has a different look now and when you hit the symbol key the appear at the bottom.

Update: Just updated to v1.7 and I am now getting the error when I try to launch VK.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 07/04/2010 at 01:28 AM.
    i had 2 uninstall it completely using WOSQI for some reason couldnt unintsall via preware, then reinstalled via preware along with the theme configuration patch and its working fine
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    If you look in the themes section of Preware, there is different themes you can now use for the VKB. Just uninstall the VKB patch, USB mode then delete the VKB folder and reinstall the VKB patch and download a theme.
  13.    #13  
    I did everything but it still doesnt work. The newest version seems to have some kind of a bug like someone stated earlier.
    I hope that Palm includes a VK in the next major release of webOS. It's too integrated into the system as a whole to work well as a patch IMO. I've tried the VK several times and there is always some sort of bug.
    To fix this issue:;

Under Preware -> Installed Packages -> Miscellaneous: remove VKB Default Themes and Configuration

Under Preware -> Installed Packages -> Patches: remove Virtual Keyboard

Then, re-install both, and it should work again.

Note, that VKB Default 'Theme' should probably be under 'Theme' and not Misc...
  16.    #16  
    Ahhh i made a mistake by not referring to the actually VKB thread
    To Fix please follow:

Under Preware - Installed Packages - Patches: Remove Virtual Keyboard

(Luna Restart Request: OK to Restart)

Now Uninstall 2nd part of Patch:

Under Preware - Installed Packages - Miscellaneous: remove VKB Default Themes and Configuration

(Luna Restart Request, If it doesn't go ahead and Restart anyway.)

Open Preware:

Then, Reinstall Virtual Keyboard but it will install the VKB Default Themes & Configuration FIRST (this is only half of the patch install) and then,

(Luna Restart Request, OK to Restart)

Now Open Preware again:

Install Virtual Keyboard, (Main Patch 2nd Half of Install)

(Luna Restart Request, OK to Restart)

All Done.... Test it out!!! Also any time during Install or Uninstall where I stated it will request a Luna Restart, if for some reason it doesn't request the restart like i said it will, go ahead and restart the phone on your own just to be safe.
    have you guys looked at wqi it doesn't even recognized the vbvbvb
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    have you guys looked at wqi it doesn't even recognized the vbvbvb
    it does for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by afsilva View Post
    To fix this issue:;

Under Preware -> Installed Packages -> Miscellaneous: remove VKB Default Themes and Configuration

Under Preware -> Installed Packages -> Patches: remove Virtual Keyboard

Then, re-install both, and it should work again.

Note, that VKB Default 'Theme' should probably be under 'Theme' and not Misc...

Thanks that worked back to normal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast