webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > EasyList
EasyList
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By graysoft

Old 07/02/2010, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

EasyList

Whenever I go out, I try to make a list of what I am supposed to do or get otherwise I forget. Inevitably I am leaving that list in the car or even worse, on the counter at home. I pretty much always have my phone though. I did try to use the notes app or other substitutes, but I wanted something that was easier to use and designed with the list writer in mind. I wanted it to be as close to writing on a piece of paper as it could be on the phone, but better. Because I usually have more than one place to go, it needed to support multiple lists. I wanted to be able to easily see if I have picked up the item on the list or accomplished the task so it needed an indicator of completion. I wanted the lists to be flexible, easily edited and rearranged to my needs. Sometimes I get the same thing from a store weekly so I wanted to be able to reset whether it was completed or not so I could reuse a list or maybe several items on the list. Most of all I wanted it to be simple to use. If it was too complicated I did not think I would use it.

From this came EasyList.

EasyList allows you to:
- List out many items, even multi-line items as needed on each list
- give your lists a meaningful names for your needs
- store multiple lists for different needs
- check off completed items
- rearrange items in order of importance
- reuse and edit old lists as wanted, just uncheck needed items
- delete items that are not needed anymore
- delete whole lists if not needed anymore

I have been using EasyList for a while now and it has gone through several iterations. I hope you test it out and that you find it as useful as I do. If you have any suggestions for increasing the usability, I am interested to hear them.

EasyList is available for testing at the following link:
http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/easylist

Last edited by graysoft; 07/06/2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Removed the coming soon line. added app link
graysoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 07/06/2010, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have just noticed that there is some issue with the multi-line mode. it seems to hide some of the text. I will be looking into this this week.
Old 07/06/2010, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Save/Restore support would be nice.
peterlemonjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2010, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

peterlemonjello
Can you please elaborate on this? The app does save currently, or is supposed to, and should reopen from the last list that you were using. One issue that I have noted is that it requires you to tap out of the active list item prior to it saving that item. I am trying to see why it does that and if I can fix it.
Old 07/06/2010, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Save/Restore is a backup utility by the webos internals group. It backups application data to the internal storage and you can restore them after a doctor. This would be nice since I doctor my phone a lot from playing with alpha software. You won't have to recreate any lists.

Here's a link
http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html
peterlemonjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2010, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Not to be a trouble maker,but can you elaborate how your app is superior to Tasks app that is native to webOS? It seems Tasks can do everything EasyList can do. Moreover, Tasks allow for even faster multiple item entry because "enter" key also starts a new item.
luau joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2010, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

luau_joe, I can not say that my app is superior to Tasks, but I believe that it is more suited to quick and easy use. I can only state my own opinion, but I found the Tasks app to be more for things that were time sensitive and to me required more time to ensure that the task was set up correctly. EasyList is just to simulate a piece of paper that you would quickly grab to write down a quick list. I am sure that it is not for every use and I would not recommend that it be used for time sensitive efforts or tasks.
Old 11/05/2012, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Please help how can I print a copy of one of my lists?
droberson23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/2012, 07:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

droberson23, we are sorry, the app does not have that capability.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0