Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Has there been an update to the two alpha testing modules Key Boss and Uinput? I mentioned earlier that I have the testing feeds for Preware, however only User Input Module appears, not Key Boss. Where would I go to get Key Boss installed and test out the functionality?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Which testing feed are you using? Some apps only appear in the 'All' feed and not the 'Pre/Pre+' one. (At least, I know that's how Mode Switcher is)
    I use it rarely. Too slow and unresponsive for day to day use.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I added the all testing feed and got it. Think before I had the Pre only testing feed. Liking the new functionality of the autocorrect. Still a little disappointed that it doesn't have auto cap for the first letter typed. Just about anything I type I assume will start with a cap.

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Stung if you are not overclocking that is the reason it is slow. VKB is not viable if running at the standard processor speed, but at 800 or above, it is very easy to use.

Hi Folks - Former Treo 755p user & new to the Pre Plus on Verizon. I need some direction...

I need help with Preware and am struggling to find the right forum thread to post my questions in.

Its been a loooong time since I did the Forum thing so I am most likely missing the ridiculously obvious....

I've attempted to search for a thread just titled "Preware" but not found one. Is there one? Where is it? How do I find it?

If no such thread then can someone just direct me to the best place to ask Preware specific questions?

FYI - I have read the guides more than once and not been able to solve my issues of not seeing a screen that looks anything like that shown in the guide (I only get "Available Packages", "Installed Packages" & "List of Everything" no matter how many toggles I flick on and off or how many Luna restarts or updates I try...

In fact I had only been missing "Available Applications" & "Themes" but overnight am down to the above stated three - I made NO CHANGES to the phone in the last 24hours so I don't have a clue what happened.

Thanks in advance for helping me get reacquainted with the forums.
    That's all that should be there.. Lick the 'Available Packages' to start browsing.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoinmypocket View Post
    Hi Folks - Former Treo 755p user & new to the Pre Plus on Verizon. I need some direction...

I need help with Preware and am struggling to find the right forum thread to post my questions in.

Its been a loooong time since I did the Forum thing so I am most likely missing the ridiculously obvious....

I've attempted to search for a thread just titled "Preware" but not found one. Is there one? Where is it? How do I find it?

If no such thread then can someone just direct me to the best place to ask Preware specific questions?

FYI - I have read the guides more than once and not been able to solve my issues of not seeing a screen that looks anything like that shown in the guide (I only get "Available Packages", "Installed Packages" & "List of Everything" no matter how many toggles I flick on and off or how many Luna restarts or updates I try...

In fact I had only been missing "Available Applications" & "Themes" but overnight am down to the above stated three - I made NO CHANGES to the phone in the last 24hours so I don't have a clue what happened.

Thanks in advance for helping me get reacquainted with the forums.
    The options that show up in the main screen will depend on what types of packages Preware sees as available, and that in turn depends on which feeds you have enabled. To change the feeds, use the top-left drop-down menu and select Manage Feeds. From there you can turn the various feeds ( such as "webos-patches") on and off.

For more info go to Main Page - WebOS Internals and click on Preware at the top of the page.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    To clarify the Donkey's response, the first page will ever only show 'Available packages' and the other two you mentioned. If you tap (don't lick your phone as @fstopstigmata suggested) the available packages option, you will see the different categories on the next screen. Hope that helps.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    To clarify the Donkey's response, the first page will ever only show 'Available packages' and the other two you mentioned. If you tap (don't lick your phone as @fstopstigmata suggested) the available packages option, you will see the different categories on the next screen. Hope that helps.
    Hmm, I have to disagree. I'm running Preware 1.2.6 and my startup screen shows Package Updates, Available Applications, Available Patches, Available Other, Installed Packages, and List of Everything. I believe that if I were to turn on themes then there would be a line for those, as well.

I do agree, however, that licking your phone is a bad idea, unless maybe if it's really dirty!
    ;-D *Click*

The reason you guys are seeing two different startup screens is because Donkey has 'Show Available Types' turned on, and bigfire has it off.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    ;-D *Click*

The reason you guys are seeing two different startup screens is because Donkey has 'Show Available Types' turned on, and bigfire has it off.
    Wow, yup, you're definitely right!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Stung if you are not overclocking that is the reason it is slow. VKB is not viable if running at the standard processor speed, but at 800 or above, it is very easy to use.
    I am overclocking. It's more responsive at the speed now compared to stock, but it's just that it's still too slow for it to initially come up after the double-tap, etc., for my liking.
    Thanks for the ...hmmmm...how do I put this delicately?..."variety"? of answers but I am jsut following the instructions in the 'How To" : 'How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes'

The very first screen capture (and why it looks like that, how I make it like that, etc.) looks like this below (sorry - I don't know how to post the image itself)

EDIT: I apparently EARNED the right to post even the LINK to this image *sigh*

For the moment I will go back to the Preware link on Internalz recomended by DDonkey (although that is where I began my sordid journey....)

UPDATE: I found the problem. The internalz link has the following:

TIP:
    To make it easier to find things, set "Show Available Types" to yes.
    This will show separate categories (Applications/Themes/Patches/etc.)
    rather than show everything in one long list.

This directly contradicts the instruction in the 'How To" : 'How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes' which states the following:

'Set Update to Every Launch and set everything to YES, except for Show Other Types which is NO.'

One of the issues I think is that Preware may have changed its look due to version progression since the 'Guide' was written.

Anyway, problem #1 solved!! Thanks people.
    What fstopstigmata said....
    Oh and yeah...what Diesel Donkey said....about what fstopstigmata said....
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    So interesting thing today. Found in Preware a newer version of User Input Module. Found this after looking for a solution to the problem I'm having all of a sudden with Virtual Keyboard. It doesn't recognize the space bar, nor backspace. So it seems very odd that there are two different versions of the same Module available. 1.4.1-66 and 1.4.1-77.

Anyone else seeing this, or having problems with their VKB today? I guess I'm mostly on my way out the door from my Pre as soon as the EVO comes back into stock, but maybe I can at least give glitch feedback in the meantime to help someone else having the same issue.

I tried it once, but actually prefer the real keyboard as opposed to the VK
    rarely if ever
    Only 0.0001% of the time.
    Prē
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast