Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I tried it, but found the Pre screen size with the keyboard open was just too small for me. I kept having to move the keyboard around on the screen to see what I was typing.
    One reason why I chose the PRE was because it had a physical keyboard. I still prefer the physical keyboard.

So to answer the OP, never.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    How do we get the autocorrect and functioning backspace? In the Preware entry it indicates installing Uinput and KeyBoss...not sure if Uinput is the package User Input Module??? Did the dev mean KeyToss?nn
    Yes it is the Userspace Input Module, and it ie KeyBoss, not KeyToss.
    I tend to use the keyboard for quick messages and sometimes when browsing. Homebrew is great. this community is great when it comes to development. Software is safe and the developers do an amazing job at staying ahead of the updates.

One thing that would make the virtual keyboard better, in my opinion, would be if when it opened, it would shorten the window like notifications instead of overlapping. For example when sending messages in chat I cannot see what was received because the virtual keyboard is over them. Just a random thought.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    I use in occationally but only for short texts but it is worth switching on the vibrate function so that you know you have pressed something. I know i can type much quicker on the physical keyboard.

But load up preware as there are some great tweaks that make a great OS better.
    I have it installed but like a lot of people said I rarely use it. I think I installed it just to show it off.
    Also I was the same way... scared to get into Homebrew, but now I can't stop. And if I ever get concerned or am not sure what I'm doing the forum community helps me always. (Thanks!)
    I also have it, barely use it because it isn't as good as others. But do use it occasionally. Wish HPALM put a little effort behind it.
    Is the v keyboard ever updated anymore? I had it to uninstall it for one of the updates in 2009 and it was a pain to uninstall.. I even had a custom theme for it... But I haven't installed it since last year.. Hopefully palm makes a v keyboard with .png images for easy themeing!
    I use it all the time. I have my pre plus overclocked, so the keyboard renders quite quickly. After some time getting used to the keyboard, I've gotten much better typing on it and rarely have many errors in my typing. I've come to believe (whether true or not) that I type much better on it if I just type confidently rather than trying to peck at each key (which seems to lead to more pressing of adjacent keys). Overall I think it's a great addition to the pre. It's constantly being updated and improved, and even if you don't use it a whole lot, the slightly less wear and tear on the slider mechanism has to be a good thing.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    tried it for 5 mins once,thought it was so bad I deleted right away.
    This
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I have it. Use it on odd occasions only -- although the install took quite a while (used Preware), it was a painless, safe experience. It's good to have for those times you really don't want to slide out the keyboard (ie: one-handed operation, short one-word replies, etc...). TVC_15 --> I'd say go for it: jump into the patch/homebrew world (it's really quite amazing)!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Yes it is the Userspace Input Module, and it ie KeyBoss, not KeyToss.
    I really can't find KeyBoss in Preware...searched the 'Everything' List. Any directions to the package location would be very appreciated.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I really can't find KeyBoss in Preware...searched the 'Everything' List. Any directions to the package location would be very appreciated.
    KeyBoss and the User Input Module have only just entered alpha testing. The developer is of the opinion that the only folks that should be trying them at this point are those that know how to find the custom testing feeds that must be added to Preware in order to see them.
    Pay no attention to the previous posts on slow speed/need for overclocking; the latest update launches immediately-and I'm running at the stock 500 MHz speed. The fact that launching lag is eliminated and now backspace in web works.. Lots of the haters here really should consider giving the VKB another shot.
    I used it for a while, worked well when i enabled the landscape email and landscape messaging app. Also when i installed the extra packages for that allowed it to take advantage of the autocorrect it was great. at the end i couldn't really rely on it, and those packages caused another problem or me which was not to be able to take screen captures, so i removed everything.
    once in a while
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I have it and use it daily.. personally, I like it.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    KeyBoss and the User Input Module have only just entered alpha testing. The developer is of the opinion that the only folks that should be trying them at this point are those that know how to find the custom testing feeds that must be added to Preware in order to see them.
    Got the custom feeds but only found Uinput not KeyBoss....I assume the feed for KeyBoss is in a different feed than the Uinput module?

Here's to looking forward to a virtual keyboard only slab device on the next WebOS so we can avoid having to patch everything together....either way it is great that Internalz and others have put the work into developing these for whoever wants to take advantage of it!
    Last edited by bigfire; 07/07/2010 at 11:45 AM.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I use it often for texting - but mostly only in landscape mode (so you're going to have to get the Messaging in Landscape mode patch).

I don't use it in WWW since you can't backspace, and I don't mind the non-autocorrecting in text - it's just texting anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by btroffded1 View Post
    I don't use it in WWW since you can't backspace
    In case you missed the multiple mentions here: THE BACKSPACE ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED. Your comment is outdated, and doesn't help users looking here for helpful information.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I never managed to get it installed. I kept getting fatal install errors and decided it wasn't worth it. I don't mind the physical keyboard, but I was willing to try something different, assuming I could install it.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast