Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vallis View Post
    I can't even get it to open on my Pre Plus
    I can't get it to open on my AT&T Pre Plus, either. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and updated to no avail. I really can't stand browsing the web in landscape, and being required to flip and open the physical keyboard for what should be a quicker Google search or email login.

Is there a widespread issue with this on AT&T Pre's, or am I just doing it wrong?
    I would use it a lot more if the auto correct/capitalization worked and the delete button. So until those are fixed, I'll use it to reply to a quick text.
    I used it for the first week but I stopped using it. Then the update came out and now i use it about 50 percent of the time now.
    Tried it but didn't like it. I prefer the keypad.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I use it rarely but sometimes when I just need to type something short I will use it.

I also like to show it to those people who say they like virtual keyboards better and tell me that my phone doesn't have one.
    very seldom , usually when i want to show off to another pre user that does not already know about precentral ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I don't use it because it doesn't have autocorrect - but the dev is working on implementing this as we speak So I'm looking forward to that.
    That has been fixed!! and works great!! The backspace in web pages has been fixed as well!! With 800 or 1gig overclocking the VKB is waaay cool!
    yea the VKB is much better now. The only part that it doesn't work, atleast for me, is when you are writing on the mobile forums. Other than that it's a definite improvement. Like jakelaw said, with the overclock kernal it loads so fast and smooth that I'm starting to use it more n more.
    only when I am using the pre while in bed and can't open the slider very easily
    Bah humbug - takes too long to load and blocks part of the screen to the point that its annoying. I've removed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Bah humbug - takes too long to load and blocks part of the screen to the point that its annoying. I've removed it.
    that's why they made it so you could move it out of the way. Just hit the shift button and slide it to the top or bottom of the screen .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Rarely, because it doesn't have autocorrect. Sometimes I use the space bar on the physical keyboard so that autocorrect works, but then the only point is using it in landscape. I'll have to give it more of a shot.
    To me it's pointless doesn't do the job well.

Cheers!
    It actually loads in a split second and has auto correct now. I think I like it so much because I came from a couple landscape phones prior to the Pre.
    Now that it supports auto correct, I use it a whole lot more. Mostly in landscape more for messaging and or forum posting.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Now that it supports auto correct, I use it a whole lot more. Mostly in landscape more for messaging and or forum posting.
    When I tap the space bar, on the virtual screen, it doesn't auto correct.
    It's not worth the effort. It's very laggy, even with the faster kernels and the Pre's screen is so small, it makes almost unusable.
    The Saint
    I use it for messaging short messages and looking up a contact
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    How do we get the autocorrect and functioning backspace? In the Preware entry it indicates installing Uinput and KeyBoss...not sure if Uinput is the package User Input Module??? Did the dev mean KeyToss?nn
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    It's nice to have a virtual KB but to be honest I don't even use it, it's so easy to just slide the phone open and use the real KB
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast