Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is your Palm Pre power button broken? This app can serve as a replacement. Run this app and it will turn your screen off.

Open your slider to turn your Pre's screen on again.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/screenoff

I just submitted this to homebrew. It's awaiting approval.

Until it hits the feeds you can download it from here .. http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec....0.1_all_1.ipk

NOTE:
    As stated above, ScreenOff is meant to replace your power button. It does not do anything that the power button doesn't do. If you are looking to turn the screen off while it is on the touchstone, take a look at my other app, QST.
    Last edited by gobanjoboy; 06/24/2010 at 08:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

Thanks for the nice upload. If the power button is broken, I don't think
    you can open your slider... correct me if I am wrong though... :-)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the nice upload. If the power button is broken, I don't think
    you can open your slider... correct me if I am wrong though... :-)
    I'm not sure what your talking about but, I have not seen this to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I'm not sure what your talking about but, I have not seen this to be true.
    that makes two of us.

Edit: BTW, nice apps. The Quick System Tasks looks nice... not sure how I missed that one previously.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sorry, I misunderstood you.
    Great program.
    It works well as I don't want to wear my power button out. :-)
    My power button over the past few days just started to act up. This is a GREAT fix.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7.    #7  
    i'm glad it's helping someone out.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    My power button is a little gimpy since I smashed it against a wall a few weeks ago... at the Sprint store, the techs crimped the button and it was snappy again for only a few days. So... thank you gobanjoboy, for your app. I have put it in my quick launch bar. I run start it and put my phone straight in my pocket, confident your app will turn my phone's screen off. No more clicking the power button from odd angles over and over. Thanks!
    Last edited by MicahDG; 05/24/2011 at 09:21 PM.
    This app would be a great combo with QST.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    This app would be a great combo with QST.
    I'll add it in the rewrite. It was planned at some point but I did really get to it because I thought the demand of low.
    I hv been waiting for this kind of app for a long long time

thks so much
    i can't download from the link ,would anyone pls send a copy to my email ?

jamiensport@gmail.com,tks a lot
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMIE3P View Post
    i can't download from the link ,would anyone pls send a copy to my email ?

jamiensport@gmail.com,tks a lot
    Try this link http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec....0.1_all_1.ipk
    not good when with use touchstone.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by fvbhyt View Post
    not good when with use touchstone.
    fvbhyt, ScreenOff is meant to replace your power button. The power button does not turn the screen off when its on the touchstone. In order to have the screen off when using the touchstone you would need a different app for this.

The apps below allow the screen to turn off when the power button is press.
    • QST
    • Brightness Unlinked
    • ModeSwitcher (I think this does)
    gobanjoboy,thanks.
    may be a misunderstanding.
    When using touchstone to run ScreenOff , it will result in failure of the touch screen. Must be reset your pre.I think this may be a bug.
    Fantastic app. I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Thanks for making and sharing!
    this app works well for the pixi too! So cool! Anyway to creat an 'on' button when screen is off? Also Have that on button move on the screen every 3 seconds so it does not burn in the screen? Or have to hold down a button on the keyboard while the screen is off? I know I am dreaming a little! Great work!!!!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fvbhyt View Post
    gobanjoboy,thanks.
    may be a misunderstanding.
    When using touchstone to run ScreenOff , it will result in failure of the touch screen. Must be reset your pre.I think this may be a bug.
    ScreenOff is not designed to turn the screen off while on the touchstone.

If you would like to turn the screen off while on the touchstone, you can check out QST. It will let you turn off your screen while on the touchstone.

20.    #20  
    [QUOTE=stu5797;2526746]this app works well for the pixi too! So cool! Anyway to creat an 'on' button when screen is off? Also Have that on button move on the screen every 3 seconds so it does not burn in the screen? Or have to hold down a button on the keyboard while the screen is off? I know I am dreaming a little! Great work!!!![/QUOT

If your power button is broken on your pixi, will that creates an interesting problem. You don't have a slider that can turn the pixi back on. In order to power the pixi on without using the pixi's power button, if it is possible to use another button, would require a patch. This would be outside the scope of the ScreenOff app.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast