webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Homing Device
Homing Device
Like Tree1Likes

Old 08/16/2011, 02:25 AM   #121 (permalink)

Great app....I have it on my girlfriends pixi

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 10/05/2011, 06:46 PM   #122 (permalink)

Such a great idea and app. Unfortunately doesn't work on my Pre3 with 2.2.3 OS.
Here is the related log:

# tail -f /var/log/messages | grep homingdevice
2011-10-05... [147] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1466]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.palm.a3c.homingdevice]
2011-10-05... [150] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: ERROR: "com.palm.messaging" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.a3c.homingdevice" (requester pid: 1540, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
2011-10-05T... [150] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.a3c.homingdevice: Error: registerForMessages failed with register = true, palmInitFramework383:2569
2011-10-05... [161] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: ERROR: "com.palm.messaging" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.a3c.homingdevice" (requester pid: 1540, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")

The last two lines keep repeating every few seconds.

Any ideas?
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2011, 07:15 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post
Such a great idea and app. Unfortunately doesn't work on my Pre3 with 2.2.3 OS.
Here is the related log:

# tail -f /var/log/messages | grep homingdevice
2011-10-05... [147] webos-device user.warning activitymanager[1466]: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:com.palm.a3c.homingdevice]
2011-10-05... [150] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: ERROR: "com.palm.messaging" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.a3c.homingdevice" (requester pid: 1540, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
2011-10-05T... [150] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.a3c.homingdevice: Error: registerForMessages failed with register = true, palmInitFramework383:2569
2011-10-05... [161] webos-device user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: ERROR: "com.palm.messaging" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.a3c.homingdevice" (requester pid: 1540, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")

The last two lines keep repeating every few seconds.

Any ideas?
I also have Pre3 with 2.2.3 OS. I don't know how to read the logs but can say that "Homing Device" is not functioning on my Pre3.
Everything is on and working but no go for me. Looks neat and would love to use it.

Last edited by Different Drummer; 11/13/2011 at 09:08 PM.
Different Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 09:12 PM   #124 (permalink)

Anyone have a definitive answer as to whether or not " Homing Device" will work on a Pre 3?
I keep trying thinking that I am doing something incorrectly. No sense in continuing my efforts if it out of my control.
Old 11/16/2011, 02:54 PM   #125 (permalink)

Any new Info in regards to HD on a Pre3?
Old 11/16/2011, 03:00 PM   #126 (permalink)

It has been a while since I talked with the developer who created this app, but I know it would require major changes to work on 2.x, as one of my apps is in the same boat. As it is now, no, it won't work on any 2.x or 3.x device.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2012, 06:51 PM   #127 (permalink)

Awesome idea for an app! Well, are there any plans to update this to support 2.x and 3.x? I'd be willing to pay a bit for it on the App Catalog. Such an original idea, and it's a shame it won't run as it is
19535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2012, 01:45 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
It has been a while since I talked with the developer who created this app, but I know it would require major changes to work on 2.x, as one of my apps is in the same boat. As it is now, no, it won't work on any 2.x or 3.x device.
I know you didn't create this app but perhaps you would have the ability to get permission to do so...
I would pay for Homing Device to work on Pre3, either by donating or app catalog.
Toadfrogjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 02:08 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadfrogjr View Post
I know you didn't create this app but perhaps you would have the ability to get permission to do so...
I would pay for Homing Device to work on Pre3, either by donating or app catalog.
Also I'm interested in Homing Device. I would pay for it.
dan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 03:55 AM   #130 (permalink)

Me three.
Old 03/31/2013, 06:09 AM   #131 (permalink)

Me four!
OrlandoAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2014, 06:42 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
Just a quick heads-up to everyone, I've been looking at the new webOS 2.0 SDK (beta) and Palm has made some changes to internal services that will completely break Homing Device. For that reason I've been focusing what little time I have to working on adapting Homing Device so that it will work on 2.0 once it gets released. (in other words, don't expect any new stuff for the current webOS version)

Specifically I'm working on patching Homing Device for 2.0 rather than distributing it as a standalone app. The upshot of this is (assuming I can get it all to work) it will be a "true" headless background app. (no dashboard icon) I've still got a long way to go, but just wanted to let everyone know what's going on. Thanks!!
Just checking if any progress on 2.x.x for the app... I no webos is dead but still using the devices... Love webos and it really is the best OS out there.....
kevinreid1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0