Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmparsons View Post
    I still have a slight delay between keypress and display.

Joe Parsons
    Okay. Looks like I will have to include the selectable feedback in the Homebrew version.
    It does take input from the physical keyboard. There's no delay at all using this method, but we don't get the nice landscape layout. For quick calculations, I think I'd be inclined to use it in portrait mode and use the physical KB, even though the layout is not as nice. But hey--I've been using my 12C for some 27 years, so change is a little difficult!

The web emulator also has a slight delay when using the virtual keyboard, but not using the physical keyboard. I wonder if there's some inefficiency in the UI code?

Joe Parsons

Still a happy man
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmparsons View Post
    The web emulator also has a slight delay when using the virtual keyboard, but not using the physical keyboard. I wonder if there's some inefficiency in the UI code?
    I'll have a look at it. A delay could be attributable to the maths associated with translating the tap coordinates to keycode, whereas the keyboard operation just requires an array lookup. It may not be possible to optimise too much, as Javascript maths is all floating point.
  4.    #84  
    Feedback is selectable between 'vibrate', 'click', 'both' and 'none' by a tap on the display area. Icons corresponding to the selection are shown just to the right of the display.

OP and Homebrew Catalog updated
    Last edited by johncc; 09/23/2010 at 01:20 AM.
  5.    #85  
    The display of data in the EEX function has been fixed.

The .zip file in the first post has been updated as has the Homebrew Catalog (Use the Homebrew App Catalog download link until the Preware feed updates).
  6.    #86  
    I have just noticed that the haptic feedback on keypress has much less lag when I use the haptic feedback option provided in the Screen & Lock screen by sconix's Advanced Configuration for System Preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    On investigating the key size of Marco's calculator in the emulator using the mouse, I found that the key area is of a reasonable size, but it needs to be a bit further down the screen. If you tap under the key at all you will get the key below. (It's probably something that could be addressed with a patch. - A project for later.)

Yes, the click is something that I want to implement.
    Hey John,

This might be a good idea indeed.
    That said, it might be that version 1.2 already fixes a lot of 'mis-taps'. I added a new 'full-screen' mode. When this mode is turned on the calculator takes the entire screen, including the top bar. It also prevents notifications from messing things up for the user.

This new full-screen mode provides 7 pixes more space below each row of buttons. I think this will make quite a difference already.

I just pushed it to github so the DIY folks can check out the changes right away.

https://github.com/TheMarco/Scientific-RPN-Calculator

The changes will probably appear in the app store tomorrow as well.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  8.    #88  
    Update - Operates in Exhibition Mode for 2.1 devices

zip file in OP and Homebrew App Catalog updated.
  9.    #89  
    Does not work on the Touchpad yet.
  10.    #90  
    Does not work on the Touchpad yet.
    But the problem is with webOS 3 and will be rectified with the OTA update to 3.0.2.

EDIT: Did not fix it. Crashes the Touchpad at the moment. Use Calc12CS until I fix it.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/22/2011 at 07:38 AM.
    Hi, will you be updating this to take advantage of the bigger screen on the Pre 3? I love this app!
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    Hi, will you be updating this to take advantage of the bigger screen on the Pre 3? I love this app!
    Yes. Should have time in a couple of weeks. In the meantime use Calc12CS which works fine on Pre 3.
    Yes. Should have time in a couple of weeks. In the meantime use Calc12CS which works fine on Pre 3.
    Awesome. Thanks!
    I downloaded calc 12cs from Preware and it still does not fit correctly in the Pre's bigger screen. Is there a newer version somewhere else?
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I downloaded calc 12cs from Preware and it still does not fit correctly in the Pre's bigger screen. Is there a newer version somewhere else?
    Somehow the version available from Preware has reverted to version 0.2.0 whereas it should be 0.21.0. You can get that by clicking on this link in you Pre's browser (via Preware)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ml#post3055209 post #86
  16.    #96  
    Seems to work on the TouchPad under 3.0.4's Mojo emulator.

Does not work on the Pre 3 due keyboard mapping.
  17.    #97  
    Finally updated for Pre 3 and Touchpad

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11474544/com..._0.6.0_all.ipk

See first post of this thread for details. Should be in the feeds shortly.
    Last edited by johncc; 11/19/2011 at 03:03 AM.
    Hi John,

Kuddos for developing this app. I'm taking a finance class and I use it all the time. Question for you, I'm having problems with screen orientation since upgrading to webOS 3.0.5, is there a way to lock in a default orientation, like say landscape no matter how the TP is currently oriented? Also, how do you select different screen/button (model?) layouts like in your screenshots?

Thanks!
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastliggy View Post
    Hi John,

Kuddos for developing this app. I'm taking a finance class and I use it all the time. Question for you, I'm having problems with screen orientation since upgrading to webOS 3.0.5, is there a way to lock in a default orientation, like say landscape no matter how the TP is currently oriented? Also, how do you select different screen/button (model?) layouts like in your screenshots?

Thanks!
    Are you using the latest version 0.6.0
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastliggy View Post
    Hi John,

Thanks!
    Are you using the latest version 0.6.0
    Apologies. I should have checked the Touchpad operation. I have just run Calc12C on my Touchpad under webOS 3.0.5 and have found that HP have changed the orientation code yet again. The landscape orientations are upside down. Standby for a fix and in the mean time use the orientation lock if you want to use landscape.

The illustrated portrait orientations are only displayed on phones.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast