Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Version 0.1.8 now available from the Homebrew Catalog or the OP.

Old ON key is now backspace (rubs out last digit of input)
    Last edited by johncc; 08/03/2010 at 07:55 PM.
  2.    #62  
    There are 20 unused [f] & [g] key options on Calc12c's keyboard. Does anybody have any requests for functions to include. I have log functions, trigonometrical functions (+ inverses) and number formats on my list already, but by all means mention them if they interest you.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There are 20 unused [f] & [g] key options on Calc12c's keyboard. Does anybody have any requests for functions to include. I have log functions, trigonometrical functions (+ inverses) and number formats on my list already, but by all means mention them if they interest you.
    Note that [f]0 through [f]9 and [f]. are not really unused key options, since these are used to select the number of displayed significant figures, as described in the HP 12C User's Guide on pages 71-72.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by sifferman View Post
    Note that [f]0 through [f]9 and [f]. are not really unused key options, since these are used to select the number of displayed significant figures, as described in the HP 12C User's Guide on pages 71-72.
    You are right of course. There goes half the options. Although I could go over to the option on my HP25, which uses [f] [FIX] [n].
    You are right of course. There goes half the options. Although I could go over to the option on my HP25, which uses [f] [FIX] [n].
    Sounds like an excellent alternative. In fact, as I look at my HP11C, it has FIX, SCI, and ENG buttons, which I would love to see on Calc12C. (Though you might want to change the name of your app to something else, as it will start looking less and less like an HP12C.)
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by sifferman View Post
    Sounds like an excellent alternative. In fact, as I look at my HP11C, it has FIX, SCI, and ENG buttons, which I would love to see on Calc12C. (Though you might want to change the name of your app to something else, as it will start looking less and less like an HP12C.)
    That's a good idea. I will leave Calc12c as it is and add functions to a newly named calculator. The purist would probably not like the 12c "messed with" anyway.
    In addition to the trig functions and other scientific features you plan to add, the next feature I'd hope for would be base conversions (dec to/from hex especially).
    Thanks for the quick response on the request to add in a backspace feature. It works great and your calculator is a primary tool for me.
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I now have a PERFECT phone.

THANK YOU!

Joe Parsons
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    Thanks for the quick response on the request to add in a backspace feature. It works great and your calculator is a primary tool for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmparsons View Post
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I now have a PERFECT phone.

THANK YOU!

Joe Parsons
    Glad that you find it useful. As regular users, how do you find the error rate on keystrokes?
    Glad that you find it useful. As regular users, how do you find the error rate on keystrokes?
    The delay on each keystroke is frustrating. I'd gladly give up the tactile feedback, if that what's slowing it down.

I've been using my 12C since 1980. It is the most elegant and useful piece of technology HP has ever created. Having it on my phone is, well...perfect.

Joe Parsons
  12.    #72  
    The delay on each keystroke is frustrating. I'd gladly give up the tactile feedback, if that what's slowing it down.

I've been using my 12C since 1980. It is the most elegant and useful piece of technology HP has ever created. Having it on my phone is, well...perfect.

Joe Parsons
    Actually, there isn't a delay. You can enter keystrokes as rapidly as you like. You do not have to wait for the vibrate to finish. Try entering a series of digits and you will find that they are accepted as fast as you can enter them.

I have attached a version with selectable feedback. Defaults to vibrate, but you can press [f][+] successively to get 'click', 'click' + 'vibrate', none and 'vibrate'. Have a play.

I personally think that the vibrate is a plus, as it allows me to readily pick up the occassional missed key.

Thanks for the feedback Joe.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have noticed that the period and comma are transposed in the display. The comma is being used to denote a decimal place. The period is being to denote thousands.

I have just noticed this even though I have been using the calculator regularly.

Thanks for this great app.

In response to your question, I am finding that I have a high error rate for number entry. Number 1 is a particular problem along with the period.
    I have noticed that the period and comma are transposed in the display. The comma is being used to denote a decimal place. The period is being to denote thousands.

I have just noticed this even though I have been using the calculator regularly.

Thanks for this great app.

In response to your question, I am finding that I have a high error rate for number entry. Number 1 is a particular problem along with the period.
    That's the European notation. You can switch it back with [g][<-] (that's the power key on the full-scale 12C.

As happy as I am with this app (my phone is now PERFECT), I wish there were not so much of a delay between keystroke and display. I think it's because of the haptic feedback feature (vibration on keypress). If that is a mechanical issue, I'd be more than happy to forgo it in the interests of more efficient data entry.

Joe Parsons
    Actually, there isn't a delay. You can enter keystrokes as rapidly as you like. You do not have to wait for the vibrate to finish. Try entering a series of digits and you will find that they are accepted as fast as you can enter them.

I have attached a version with selectable feedback. Defaults to vibrate, but you can press [f][+] successively to get 'click', 'click' + 'vibrate', none and 'vibrate'. Have a play.

I personally think that the vibrate is a plus, as it allows me to readily pick up the occassional missed key.

Thanks for the feedback Joe.
    You de MAN!
    The new version with selectable feedback works well. The the other two options (click or silent) seem to be a bit faster, although in each case there is still a slight delay between keypress and display. I don't know whether this is a limitation of the hardware or something that can be fixed in the code.

Either way, I am a happy man!

Joe Parsons
  17.    #77  
    The new version with selectable feedback works well. The the other two options (click or silent) seem to be a bit faster, although in each case there is still a slight delay between keypress and display. I don't know whether this is a limitation of the hardware or something that can be fixed in the code.

Either way, I am a happy man!

Joe Parsons
    Have you tried inputting the sequence of digits 0123456789 as fast as you can? In spite of the duration of the vibration, the digits are accepted as fast as I can put them in, so I still don't think it's a sgnificant problem. It's just a bit counter intuitive to press the next key until the vibrate has finished for the last one.

Anybody else care to comment?
  18.    #78  
    That's the European notation. You can switch it back with [g][<-] (that's the power key on the full-scale 12C.

What he said. You must have accidentally used [g][<-].

The blue 'scratches' on the key (image attached) are supposed to be a ',' and '.'. I will highlight it in "the manual" (aka the OP)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you tried inputting the sequence of digits 0123456789 as fast as you can? In spite of the duration of the vibration, the digits are accepted as fast as I can put them in, so I still don't think it's a sgnificant problem. It's just a bit counter intuitive to press the next key until the vibrate has finished for the last one.

Anybody else care to comment?
    I still have a slight delay between keypress and display.

Joe Parsons
  20.    #80  
    Don't know if people have noticed, but I have started what will be a separate calculator Calc12cs, which will have all of the 12c capabilities as well as scientific capabilities.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ho...functions.html
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast