Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101
  1.    #41  
    I have implemented haptic feedback (vibrate) and brackets in the algebraic mode. Seems to be working okay, but I haven't exhaustively tested it and brackets are not available in user programs. If anybody would like to help test it/(try and break it), See later message for updated ipk in a zip file. You can install it with WEBOSQI.

    ( = [g][STO]
    ) = [g][RCL]
    The brackets in operation indicator in the display is (n, where n is the number of open brackets eg (4. The original used ().
    Pressing the '=' key closes any open brackets.
    There is an arbitrary limit of 13 open brackets just for compatibility with the original.

    Let me know of any problems. I will upload it to Homebrew once it is more fully tested.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/17/2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: removed outdated attachment
  2. philesk's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I have implemented haptic feedback (vibrate) and brackets in the algebraic mode. Seems to be working okay, but I haven't exhaustively tested it and brackets are not available in user programs. If anybody would like to help test it/(try and break it), I have attached the ipk in a zip file. You can install it with WEBOSQI.

    ( = [g][STO]
    ) = [g][RCL]
    The brackets in operation indicator in the display is (n, where n is the number of open brackets eg (4. The original used ().
    Pressing the '=' key closes any open brackets.
    There is an arbitrary limit of 13 open brackets just for compatibility with the original.

    Let me know of any problems. I will upload it to Homebrew once it is more fully tested.
    Haptic is working on the Pixi...
    -Phil
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    Haptic is working on the Pixi...
    -Phil
    Do you think that it is useful?
  4.    #44  
    Submitted 0.1.4 to Homebrew Catalog. (Also attachment to OP)

    This update implements haptic feeback, bracket processing in algebraic mode and autosaves status and memory between executions.
  5.    #45  
    0.1.4 available from Homebrew Catalog - http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/calc12c
  6. philesk's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Do you think that it is useful?
    Very useful! The positive haptic feedback is particularly useful on the Pixi with its smaller screen. Also the memory feature is great.
    Good work John.

    -Phil
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    Very useful! The positive haptic feedback is particularly useful on the Pixi with its smaller screen. Also the memory feature is great.
    Good work John.

    -Phil
    It's a pity that the vibration lags behind the 'keypress', but that is probably because it's a mechanical device as much as anything.

    At the moment the memory save (cookie) is only retained for 7 days. I will increase that to 6 months in the next update. (It would probably be better to use something more persistent than a cookie eventually).
  8.    #48  
    Attached 0.1.5 to the first post.

    * Increased time on memory storage cookie from 7 to 180 days
    * Added Today's date function [f][TDY] to make it easier to include it in the [g][DATE] (add days to date) and [g][delta DATE] (days between dates) functions.
  9.    #49  
    0.1.6 available from Homebrew App Catalog.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/27/2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: version number correction
  10. bitmage's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #50  
    Very nice work! Any chance that you could do some of the other models like the 15 and 16C? They were the same form factor as the 12.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
  11. 13brian's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #51  
    This is WONDERFUL thanks tons.
  12. #52  
    This app brought back horrible memories from finance class in grad school. This is definitely not something I want on my phone, as it causes a sharp pain behind my eye when I think about financial calculations. Please make the bad man stop!

    you can tell that finance wasn't my best subject, and something I leave to the accountants in daily life...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmage View Post
    Very nice work! Any chance that you could do some of the other models like the 15 and 16C? They were the same form factor as the 12.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Thanks. Nice to get some feedback.

    The 15/16 sound like a big job. As I said in the first post, I did not write the original code, just ported a Javascript based web-app. I did a bit of a search and could not turn up any 15/16's. If you can turn up some code, I could think about it. I will probably give this one a scientific mode later on, but I don't know about matrix manipulations and complex numbers though.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/31/2010 at 10:48 PM.
  14.    #54  
    There was a bit of discussion about perceived key lag in the comments on the front page item on Calc12c. I think that it is more to do with the duration of the vibration, however I have put together an experimental version (attached) with the ability to select vibrate, a click or both as feedback. Pressing [f][STO] repeatedly will give you each of the options in turn. Let me know what you think.

    Extract the ipk from the attached zip file and install with WEBOSQI.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 07/31/2010 at 10:49 PM.
  15. #55  
    Thanks for putting this app together. It's excellent, and it's certainly one I would have been happy to purchase. It's also the application that finally got me to give homebrew a try after a year of owning my Pre.

    Thanks again,


    Jay
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayV View Post
    Thanks for putting this app together. It's excellent, and it's certainly one I would have been happy to purchase. It's also the application that finally got me to give homebrew a try after a year of owning my Pre.

    Thanks again,


    Jay
    Thanks Jay. Nice to know that it is appreciated. The author of the Javascript engine did not want payment and althought the porting to webOS was a bit of work (certainly more than I was credited for in the front page article ), I did not contemplate charging. Enjoy!
  17. #57  
    First, I want to thank you for your efforts on providing this calculator. It works well and I am using the pre version daily.

    One question: where is the backspace? I have looked all over and can't seem to find it anywhere on the screen. If it isn't included, I would suggest that you add it to the TDY button as a primary function. When I enter a number, I frequently have an error somewhere within my entry. It is painful to delete the whole number and start over again. I expect that when I get use to the spacing and haptic feedback (which I love), I will have fewer errors. However, the backspace would still be a useful function to have.

    I too have noted a lag between the key press and the haptic feedback. If this can't be modified, I would rather keep the feedback and pace my entries accordingly. The audible feedback doesn't work well as the pre click isn't loud to hear except in a quiet environment.

    Thanks again.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    First, I want to thank you for your efforts on providing this calculator. It works well and I am using the pre version daily.

    One question: where is the backspace? I have looked all over and can't seem to find it anywhere on the screen. If it isn't included, I would suggest that you add it to the TDY button as a primary function. When I enter a number, I frequently have an error somewhere within my entry. It is painful to delete the whole number and start over again. I expect that when I get use to the spacing and haptic feedback (which I love), I will have fewer errors. However, the backspace would still be a useful function to have.

    I too have noted a lag between the key press and the haptic feedback. If this can't be modified, I would rather keep the feedback and pace my entries accordingly. The audible feedback doesn't work well as the pre click isn't loud to hear except in a quiet environment.

    Thanks again.
    Thanks for the comments and feedback.

    I am not used to having backspace on my old HP25, so I just go for CLX, but you are right about it being a useful addition. The thumb-board backspace does operate as rub-out, so it will be easy to implement. Look for it later today.

    Thanks for testing the audible feedback. I had pretty much come to the same conclusion. The vibrate is achieved by cranking up a little out-of-balance electric motor, so unfortunately it's inevitable that there will be lag. You don't actually have to wait for the vibrate to finish before pressing the next key. It's a bit counter intuitive, but you can tap keys in fairly quick succession if you really want to.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Thanks. Nice to get some feedback.

    The 15/16 sound like a big job. As I said in the first post, I did not write the original code, just ported a Javascript based web-app. I did a bit of a search and could not turn up any 15/16's. If you can turn up some code, I could think about it. I will probably give this one a scientific mode later on, but I don't know about matrix manipulations and complex numbers though.
    HP has an HP-15C emulator ported to the iPhone. See HP 15C Scientific Calculator for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    You may be able to get assistance from the new owner of webOS.
    Vegas89134
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    HP has an HP-15C emulator ported to the iPhone. See HP 15C Scientific Calculator for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    You may be able to get assistance from the new owner of webOS.
    Yes. I saw that one. Maybe one of the 47,000 engineers vying for one of McKinney's free Pre will take on calculator porting using the PDK. Could be a winning project.

    Edit: I did not notice before that the linked one is actually by HP (Rather expensive, isn't it). They have a 12c as well. I might get a C&D from them soon.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/03/2010 at 07:17 AM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions