Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PreVPNc allows create and manage VPN connection on webOS devices. It support MS PPTP only so far (no OpenVPN, Cisco or others).

Warning: application is under development, you can' expect that will work in all cases! Passwords are stored as plaintext in your phone!
    Where can I install it? I have been waiting for a PPTP solution since I got this phone!
  3.    #3  
    Project homepage is: prevpnc - Project Hosting on Google Code All feedback is welcome, but remember, it isn't final.

It will be in precentral catalogue soon, it is waiting for moderator review now.
    will this let me connect my phone to a checkpoint vpn?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    No-go for me. I get errors in line 12, 14, and 18. "no such file or directory".
    Keep up the good work, I'd love to see this. Please keep us posted, and thank you!
  6.    #6  
    to Cantaffordit: I'm planning add support for various vpn types, but priority is stabilize pptp for me. btw, exist open source application for linux that is able connect to Checkpoint vpn?

to neve: Where you get these errors? How did you install PreVPNc? Please, try new alpha snapshot. I install it over WebOS Quick Install and it works correctly.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    THANK YOU!!!!!! COME ONE RDC NEXT!!! I'm going to install now!
    RDC?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    RDC?
    Remote Desktop Connections
    Why is that the iPhone and the Treo have RDC and we can't have this? This is a must have feature!
    I set up a PPTP connection on Windows 7 host PC: for "Incoming IP Properties", I checked "Allow callers to access my LAN", and set IP Address assignment to "Assign IP . . . using DHCP" (not sure it this is right).

Then I changed router settings to forward port 1723 to the PC, assuming PreVPNc will use 1723.

I installed PreVPNc alpha2 using WebOSQuickInstall. Then I restarted the phone and opened the PreVPNc card. I entered the appropriate "Host", "User", and "Password", but I'm not sure what to use for "Network" and "Gateway". I tried using the host PC's IP address and the "Gateway" reported by the router.

When I click "Connect!" I get an immediate error 103: "Error while connecting . . . object cannot be preloaded . . . HOST NOT FOUND . . . ". My router doesn't log any info, so I don't think it's even getting there.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Remote Desktop Connections
    How are RDC (RDP) connections simliar to VPN connections? I know you can share drives with RDP, but I doubt any pre utility will have that optional functionaility in that protocol. If anything RDC (RDP) is more like VNC.

Now that i'd like to see
  13.    #13  
    to canderoc: host is address that should be accessible from your mobile without VPNing, yes this address should listen on port 1723. If not, you get "host not found" error... Network and gateway combination is used for add route rule after connecting... You can write "default" to network (all connections will be routing over vpn) and IP address of your PC in private network to gateway...
  14.    #14  
    I release new version of this app (0.1.1). You can specify more VPN profiles now. It is still buggy, see "know problems" on prevpnc - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    so if my workplace ises l2tp over IPsec, this is not supported, correct?
    does it have support for cisco certs?
    Follow me on Twitter @MalikCirca1980
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    so if my workplace ises l2tp over IPsec, this is not supported, correct?
    Yes, it is not supported.

to que180: You mean Cisco VPN with certificate authorization? No, it isn't supported.

PreVPNc support password authorization on PPTP VPN only. I plan add support for other VPN types later (primarily OpenVPN), but is too many VPN implementations on this world and some implementations are proprietary moreover :/

I hope that some developers join to me. Add new VPN type will be relatively simple...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    How are RDC (RDP) connections simliar to VPN connections? I know you can share drives with RDP, but I doubt any pre utility will have that optional functionaility in that protocol. If anything RDC (RDP) is more like VNC.

Now that i'd like to see
    Cause my point was that I up a VPN first to get into the network and then RDC (RDP) to then remote into various systems on the network. If we get this working, RDP is the only thing left that I need then! (Unless Sprint would finally get the direct connect working with the RevA like on other revA phones they have).
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Connected, but doesn't seem like it wants to disconnect..
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Connected, but doesn't seem like it wants to disconnect..
    I confirm this problem. I don't test disconnect before last release Now is needed turn data connection off and on for disconnect VPN. Sorry
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast