Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by longway77 View Post
    Hi,

First of all: Great program, thanks very much for your work.
    I've updated to the newest version which is working quite good.
    It's actually connecting to my pptp VPN. But it doesn't set the routes correctly.
    What it does is adding a default route which routes every ip address over my eth0 Interface and to the Wireless IP I'm connected to. Now, I can start typing:
    (where the ip is the IP I received via the VPN connection) which will work and will connect me to the internet. But what prevpnc does is adding this route which I don't want:
    This is a default routing which routes the traffic over the pptp-gateway.

Are you using some kind of shell script? Is there any way to modify it to my needs?

Marius
    Hi Marius.

Command for set route rule is called directly from service, not from script.
    You should fill "default" and "141.62.34.15" to "routing" section in PreVPNc profile cofiguration. Alternatively you can comment line 46 (defaultroute) in file /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/scripts/pptp_template on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by karry View Post
    Hi creezalird.

Are you able connect to this vpn server from some Linux desktop? For example with kvpnc manager... If yes, could you view different between configuration that works and configuration generated by PreVPNc? I will be very userful.

Or, you can write configuration handly, put it into /opt/vpnbox/etc/vpnc.test and then test run this command... (all on your phone)

Code:
    chroot /opt/vpnbox/ /usr/sbin/vpnc --debug 2 --no-detach /etc/vpnc.test
    I really don't see any problem in your service log... Something is probably wrong with configuration...
    1st, this vpn server is working as I've tested it before with another vpnc wrapper but with only web browser working.

2nd, I didn't found any config file generated from PreVPNc in the /opt/vpnbox/etc/

3rd, I've tried using the my own vpnc.test , but it said "illegal instructions". I'm not really sure why.
    Palm Pixi Plus Vodafone on o2 Network
    Dropbox. It goes to 11. Get Dropbox HERE
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by creezalird View Post
    1st, this vpn server is working as I've tested it before with another vpnc wrapper but with only web browser working.

2nd, I didn't found any config file generated from PreVPNc in the /opt/vpnbox/etc/

3rd, I've tried using the my own vpnc.test , but it said "illegal instructions". I'm not really sure why.
    Directory /opt/vpnbox/etc/ is mounted to ram. Its content is throw out after reboot. You have to try connect from PreVPNc (generate config) and then copy configuration from /opt/vpnbox/etc/vpnc ...
    Directory /opt/vpnbox/etc/ is mounted to ram. Its content is throw out after reboot. You have to try connect from PreVPNc (generate config) and then copy configuration from /opt/vpnbox/etc/vpnc ...
    Unfortunately still getting the "illegal instruction" error
    Palm Pixi Plus Vodafone on o2 Network
    Dropbox. It goes to 11. Get Dropbox HERE
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi,

actually I didn't succeed in getting it to work. commenting out defaultroute didn't help, the routes are still incorrect, setting the ip in prevpnc is not the best way as the internal IP is given to the device dynamically. I've already looked through all .sh scripts. Is there any script that I can modify which is run after vpnc has done its stuff? If not, could you add this option? This could also serve for advanced users who want to adde some commands after the vpn connection has been established. Of course you'd need some variables, such as the ip which is given to the device and the tunneled ip.

Marius
    ----
    Actually I just found the script in /etc/ppp/ip-up and tryed to add the line:
    route add default gw 141.62.34.40 ppp0
    Unfortunatly that didn't work.
    Last edited by longway77; 10/12/2010 at 03:33 AM.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by creezalird View Post
    Unfortunately still getting the "illegal instruction" error
    Pre and Pixi has different processor type (ARM v6 vs. v7 I guess). I should use generic vpnc build from Debian... Currently PreVPNc use custom build from webos-internals.org, this is probably reason why it doesn't work on Pixi...
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by longway77 View Post
    Hi,

actually I didn't succeed in getting it to work. commenting out defaultroute didn't help, the routes are still incorrect, setting the ip in prevpnc is not the best way as the internal IP is given to the device dynamically. I've already looked through all .sh scripts. Is there any script that I can modify which is run after vpnc has done its stuff? If not, could you add this option? This could also serve for advanced users who want to adde some commands after the vpn connection has been established. Of course you'd need some variables, such as the ip which is given to the device and the tunneled ip.

Marius
    ----
    Actually I just found the script in /etc/ppp/ip-up and tryed to add the line:
    route add default gw 141.62.34.40 ppp0
    Unfortunatly that didn't work.
    You are using pptp backend right? You can try modify ip-up script in archive /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/etc.tar.gz . backends are running in chrooted directory /opt/vpnbox, /opt/vpnbox/etc is mounted to ram (tmpfs) and content of this etc dir is replaced from this archive every startup... If it will be useful for you, I can modify startup script for take these scripts from /media/internal/.vpn/...

Or you can try modify /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/scripts/pptp_template and remove config "defaultroute"...
    Yes, it is not supported.

to que180: You mean Cisco VPN with certificate authorization? No, it isn't supported.
    PreVPNc v0.1.4 now supports Cisco VPN with certificate authoriziation (at least in my case it does).

Great progress Karry!

Connecting required three additions to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/scripts/cisco_template and copying the certificate. The original VPN profile was sent as an iPhone mobileconfig which included the necessary information, but required a bit of translation for use with PreVPNc. The IPSec ID (aka LocalIdentifier in the mobileconfig or group name elsewhere) had an extra suffix "[hybrid]" appended. That translated to the cisco_template line:
    IKE Authmode hybrid

Next, the VPN server required a certificate (also included in the mobileconfig file). Conversion to a .cer for vpnc involved just copying out the PayloadCertificateFileName section and replacing the XML:

<key>PayloadContent</key>
    <data>

...certificate payload...
    </data>

with standard .cer headers:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    ...certificate payload...
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----

Originally I had copied that to /media/internal/downloads and imported it into the standard webOS certificate storage, however, PreVPNc doesn't appear to use the OS cert store yet (error message was /usr/sbin/vpnc: Error verifying the certificate-chain). So instead, I copied the .cer file to /opt/vpnbox/etc/ssl/newcert.cer and added a line to cisco_template to direct vpnc there:

CA-File /etc/ssl/newcert.cer

Finally, to workaround the error vpnc: quick mode response rejected: (ISAKMP_N_INVALID_PAYLOAD_TYPE)(1)
    I fixed the Application version as suggested on several web sites:

Application version Cisco Systems VPN Client 4.8.01 (0640):Linux

In summary, the three new lines in cisco_template were:

IKE Authmode hybrid
    CA-File /etc/ssl/newcert.cer
    Application version Cisco Systems VPN Client 4.8.01 (0640):Linux

Thanks again for providing a great tool extending the capabilities of webOS!

Edit: Rebooting of course reset /opt/vpnbox/etc/ and deleted the certificate therein when /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/scripts/startup.sh ran. My solution was to add two more lines to startup.sh:
    mkdir -p /opt/vpnbox/etc/ssl
    cp /media/internal/.vpn/newcert.cer /opt/vpnbox/etc/ssl
    Last edited by mwarren_us; 10/26/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Are there any plans to incorporate infradead.org's openconnect?

My work server strictly uses Cisco VPN access and requires Cisco's proprietary AnyConnect software to get in. There is support, however, for linux vpn access via openconnect (the open-sourced linux version of AnyConnect). If we could integrate that code into Prevpnc, I believe I will have found utopia .
    Last edited by Ntishko; 11/05/2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Hi, I installed PreVPNc on my GSM Pre(ROM 1.4.5), BUT it doesn't work. Someone can give me a step-by-step installation guide?
    Hi, I installed PreVPNc with webOS Quick Installer, and it run into the problem.
    First I configure the parameters, like the pic

and after that, when I come back to the main screen, there's another error:

If I ignore the error "undefined", and tap the profile I configured, and select "Connect", there's an error appears:

If I close the card, and reopen it, there's no profile remains, seems that the program hasn't running properly and profile didn't being stored.

Any one give me a hint to that?
  12.    #132  
    to zephyrchris: have you enabled run post-installation scripts in quick install? It seems that you haven't installed vpn java service correctly.

Oh, thanks karry, I'll check the settings of my WQI, and try install it again to see what happens.
    and yup, the option had already selected. If I need to reinstall, do I need to delete OpenVPN as well?
    Hi, karry. I uninstalled PreVPNc, OpenVPN, Open SSL, OpenSSH, then restart phone. Reinstall OpenVPN first, then restart, and reinstall PreVPNc with the post script option selected.

and the problem is the same.

Could you help me to figure it out?
    Hello is it possible to use OpenVPN with preshared keys (PSK) instead of certifikates? What would I have to do?

Edit: since OpenVPN is already working, I guess it could be possible to edit the conf-file manually? Where would I have to put this on the device?
    Last edited by konus; 05/12/2011 at 04:21 AM.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by konus View Post
    Hello is it possible to use OpenVPN with preshared keys (PSK) instead of certifikates? What would I have to do?

Edit: since OpenVPN is already working, I guess it could be possible to edit the conf-file manually? Where would I have to put this on the device?
    Issue 3:
    Issue 3 - prevpnc - OpenVPN with preshared key - VPN client for webOS mobile platform - Google Project Hosting
  18. tsl
    Hello,

I've got the same issues as zephyrchris...

Anyone else got the same problem and found a solution?

I've tried to remove almost everything and reinstall it... No luck...
  19.    #139  
    This issue is caused by some error in post-installation script... I have no idea what is wrong. It works fine for me on webOS 1.4.5...

You can run post-installation script manually, command by command and search what is wrong...

Post-installlation script is here:
    postinst - prevpnc - VPN client for webOS mobile platform - Google Project Hosting
    great app but no longer needed for me w webos 2.1 w built in vpn
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast