Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Results sent to you in private message.

Dale
    I verified the /opt/vpnbox/etc/resolv.conf file contained the correct name server info; but, it did not have a symbolic link to the /etc/resolv.conf file.

Once I manually added the link, I am able to open a web site off my target site.

Previous vpnc implementation I used edited the vpnc-script to accomplish the symbolic link setup and take down steps.

Still testing to determine if I am able to use messaging through the VPN connection.

Dale
    Have struggled to get installed, new operating environment for me.... finally got root access and installed software, now vpn attempts to connect "connecting" and stays in that state - when viewing the log, the log starts with

ERROR: Id.so: object '/usr/lib/libjemallocmt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Not even sure that is relevant... sends a lot of config requests- and times out, terminates and hangs up.

Is this app supposed to work as the sole vpn logon, or am I supposed to log on the vpn connection on my laptop through the phone?

should I be talking to my IT department at the office to clarify the network ip addresses? Are there special settings I should have them setup?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjersa View Post
    Have struggled to get installed, new operating environment for me.... finally got root access and installed software, now vpn attempts to connect "connecting" and stays in that state - when viewing the log, the log starts with

ERROR: Id.so: object '/usr/lib/libjemallocmt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Not even sure that is relevant... sends a lot of config requests- and times out, terminates and hangs up.

Is this app supposed to work as the sole vpn logon, or am I supposed to log on the vpn connection on my laptop through the phone?

should I be talking to my IT department at the office to clarify the network ip addresses? Are there special settings I should have them setup?
    Make sure you are using the latest - in development - version on page #3 record #44.

Here is the how-to site > Howto - prevpnc - Howto setup VPN connection. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Your IT department will have details regarding security settings.

Dale
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been answered but does this support L2tp?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I verified the /opt/vpnbox/etc/resolv.conf file contained the correct name server info; but, it did not have a symbolic link to the /etc/resolv.conf file.

Once I manually added the link, I am able to open a web site off my target site.

Previous vpnc implementation I used edited the vpnc-script to accomplish the symbolic link setup and take down steps.

Still testing to determine if I am able to use messaging through the VPN connection.

Dale
    Kerry,

Did you need me to collect any more logs on the Cisco type VPNc connection?
    The connection is still not reporting as "connected" in the app; but, it is working.

Dale
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I had this working before, but after a new phone and installing in 1.4.5 and getting the following error. I installed via quickinstall with post install stuff enabled.

{"errorCode": "102","errorText":"Error while connecting: cp: cannot stat '/opt/vpnbox//etc/ppp/chap-secrets': No such file or directory cat:can't open '/tmp/chap-secrets': No such file or directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc//scripts/write_config_pptp.sh: line 12: cannot create /opt/vpnbox//etc/ppp/chap-secrets: nonexistent directory rm: cannot remove '/tmp/chap-secrets': No such file or directory

and it goes on with a few others.. Any ideas?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I had this working before, but after a new phone and installing in 1.4.5 and getting the following error. ...
    It seems that post-install script wasn't executed... I don't know why... Try run it manualy. Open terminal or ssh on your phone and run these commands

Code:
    wget http://prevpnc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/control/postinst
    chmod +x postinst
    ./postinst
  8.    #68  
    Kerry,

Did you need me to collect any more logs on the Cisco type VPNc connection?
    The connection is still not reporting as "connected" in the app; but, it is working.

Dale
    Hi. It is problem with connection/ping or only with dns? Try access to internal servers with its ip address... PreVPNc dont handle dns records correctly. I will fix it later...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karry View Post
    It seems that post-install script wasn't executed... I don't know why... Try run it manualy. Open terminal or ssh on your phone and run these commands

Code:
    chmod +x postinst
    ./postinst
    Running in terminal and get this after the last line:
    ./postinst: cd: line 21: can't cd to /opt
    zcat: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/vpnbox.tar.gz: No such file or directory
    rm: cannot remove '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/vpnbox.tar.gz': No such file or directory
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi. It is problem with connection/ping or only with dns? Try access to internal servers with its ip address... PreVPNc dont handle dns records correctly. I will fix it later...
    The state remains as 'connecting' and the log file never updates; but, ping is working and DNS is working after I manually issued a link command from my terminal connection.

ln -sf /opt/vpnbox/etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

It required so the correct name servers are active. When disconnecting the Cisco connection, the symbolic link needs to be removed.

Will you be adding this step to the program?

Dale
  11.    #71  
    The state remains as 'connecting' and the log file never updates...
    Weird... I try increase debug level...

but, ping is working and DNS is working after I manually issued a link command from my terminal connection. ...
    Ok, try new snapshot
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Weird... I try increase debug level...

Ok, try new snapshot
    Again making progress!

The state now changes to Connected; however, when I disconnect, the state remains as Disconnecting and does not go to Inactive. The VPN connection is correctly terminated.

The symbolic link is applied to /etc/resolv.conf; but, the /opt/vpnbox/etc/resolv.conf file does not contain the nameserver 127.0.0.1 entry. I assume that would force everything through your target VPN's DNS. Or does this really matter?

The symbolic link is not removed when you disconnect. This probably does matter.

One issue existed since the 46 snapshot:
    I have to leave my file system as rw or I get the following error:
    {"errorCode": "102", "errorText": "Error while conecting:
    /media.cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc//scripts/write_config_cisco.sh: line 22: cannot create /opt/vpnbox//tmp/VPN20100826230730.conf: Read-only file system (java.io.IOException)"}

How do I get around this error so I can return my file system to ro?

Dale
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Code:
    chmod +x postinst
    ./postinst
    It doesn't seem to matter how I install, preware or quickinstall, or by running the above lines.. The post-install does not seem to work and I get the Eror every time.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I had this working before, but after a new phone and installing in 1.4.5 and getting the following error. I installed via quickinstall with post install stuff enabled.

{"errorCode": "102","errorText":"Error while connecting: cp: cannot stat '/opt/vpnbox//etc/ppp/chap-secrets': No such file or directory cat:can't open '/tmp/chap-secrets': No such file or directory /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc//scripts/write_config_pptp.sh: line 12: cannot create /opt/vpnbox//etc/ppp/chap-secrets: nonexistent directory rm: cannot remove '/tmp/chap-secrets': No such file or directory

and it goes on with a few others.. Any ideas?
    I actually looked in Internalz and I have a file /vpnbox/etc/ppp/chap-secrets, so i'm not sure why it's not finding that. Linux permissions on it are +RW.
    The vpnbox dir seems to be off the root in internals though, is that right?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I actually looked in Internalz and I have a file /vpnbox/etc/ppp/chap-secrets, so i'm not sure why it's not finding that. Linux permissions on it are +RW.
    The vpnbox dir seems to be off the root in internals though, is that right?
    I recently reloaded my OS and when I reinstalled the latest version of PreVPNc, I had the same issue. It installed the vpnbox directory on the root. I created the Opt directory and moved the vpnbox directory structure into it.

When I originally installed, prior to rebuilding my phone, I already had an Opt directory and the install was in the Opt directory.

Dale
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I recently reloaded my OS and when I reinstalled the latest version of PreVPNc, I had the same issue. It installed the vpnbox directory on the root. I created the Opt directory and moved the vpnbox directory structure into it.

When I originally installed, prior to rebuilding my phone, I already had an Opt directory and the install was in the Opt directory.

Dale
    Yeah, think i read in 1.4.5 somewhere that they removed that structure. Thanks for the info Dale. I moved the VPNBOX dir and that corrected that issue I was having. Karry, you may want to look into this as it's installing in the wrong directory since /Opt is no longer there..

IT WORKS NOW after moving the VPNBOX dir.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 08/31/2010 at 02:03 PM.
  17.    #77  
    Hi guys. Thank for testing and your feedback. Sorry for week of silent. I promise that next snaphost (maybe 0.1.3 final) will comming soon. Instalation script is fixed already, it create "/opt" dir if it doesn't exists.

I wrote some points for todo:
    * add localhost (127.0.0.1) to resolv.conf everytime
    * after disconect all vpns, revert /etc/resolv.conf as symbolic link to /var/run/resolv.conf (?)
    * move configuration to tmpfs (RAM) filesystem -> make possible remount filesystem as ro
    Hi,

Anybody connect to a Checkpoint sbox 500?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi guys. Thank for testing and your feedback. Sorry for week of silent. I promise that next snaphost (maybe 0.1.3 final) will comming soon. Instalation script is fixed already, it create "/opt" dir if it doesn't exists.

I wrote some points for todo:
    * add localhost (127.0.0.1) to resolv.conf everytime
    * after disconect all vpns, revert /etc/resolv.conf as symbolic link to /var/run/resolv.conf (?)
    * move configuration to tmpfs (RAM) filesystem -> make possible remount filesystem as ro
    I am glad to hear you will continue the development of your PreVPNc. There is no telling when WebOS 2.0 will be available or if it will work on our existing hardware.

Dale
    Dear karry
    I have an acting server (IP address) which allow me to visit the blocked website in China by setting a VPN connection on my computer. Can I use it on Palm Pre with PreVPNc? I only have the IP address, user name and password.

I tried to setup as below
    VPN TYPE: PPTP
    HOST: the IP address
    USER:my username
    PASSWORD: my password
    MPPE: blank
    MPPESTATEFUL: blank
    NETWORK:192.168.0.0/24(as default)
    GATEWAY:192.168.0.1(as default)

When I click connect, it show below error:

Btw, ROM version 1.4.5, PreVPNc version: cz.karry.vpnc_0.1.3vpn47_all.ipk
    thanks for your help!