Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Kerry,

Please provide a status update for adding new VPN clients.
    I could test your Cisco client.
  2.    #42  
    Hi all. Sorry for my long sleep. I create new snaphot today. It allows specify some details around PPTP encryption. Any feedback is welcome.

If you have trouble with connection to yours pptp server, please try connect with kvpnc on Linux and send me its config file. Thanks.

To Dale46: I am planing write support for Cisco vpn, but my time is limited...
    I just installed this and I'm looking forward to playing with it. Thanks for putting the VPN client together, karry.
  4.    #44  
    Hi all, I wrote support for Cisco VPN! I hasn't access to any Cisco VPN server, so IT IS UNTESTED! But I believe that it CAN work

Download new snapshot from
    Downloads - prevpnc - Project Hosting on Google Code

So, lets test and report bugs...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karry View Post
    Hi all, I wrote support for Cisco VPN! I hasn't access to any Cisco VPN server, so IT IS UNTESTED! But I believe that it CAN work

Download new snapshot from
    Downloads - prevpnc - Project Hosting on Google Code

So, lets test and report bugs...
    This looks very promising.

The log contains the following:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libjemalloc_mt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored
    /usr/sbin/vpnc: error: deobfuscating of password failed (input not a hex string)

I installed with WOQI with setting to allow postinst/prerm scripts to run.
    I verified the hex string used for the secret password. It is 112 characters long.
    For a class A network, what do you suggest for the Network under Routing? x.0.0.0/??
    Can you direct me to conf file location so that I can verify content?

Dale46
  6.    #46  
    generated vpnc config should be located somewhere in
    /opt/vpnbox/tmp/VPN201008*.conf

btw, template is located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/scripts/cisco_template

For A network you should use eight bit mask, so network is 10.0.0.0/8. It is equivalent with address 10.0.0.0 and mask 255.0.0.0 .

Thank for testing
    OK, I was finally able to connect to my home VPN.

But I can't actually do anything once I'm connected; I can't connect to any of the IPs on my home network.

Am I doing something wrong? My home router is at 10.1.1.1, and I set the network to 10.1.0.0/24.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? My home router is at 10.1.1.1, and I set the network to 10.1.0.0/24.
    Yes, it is wrong. You should set network to 10.0.0.0/8 and gateway to 10.1.1.1
    OK, I made the change and the Show Log shows that there is more communication, but I still can't ping or browse to the router homepage or any other computers on the network. Any more ideas?
  10.    #50  
    Hmm, it is weird. Try open terminal on your pre, type
    Code:
    ip addr show
    ip route list
    and send us output... You are usign pptp vpn right?
    Hi excellent job on this project,

just wondering if this works on the palm pre sprint 1.4.5 and if it is able to connect to the vpn servers on this site USA IP, American IP, VPN, VPS, iTunes.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    generated vpnc config should be located somewhere in
    /opt/vpnbox/tmp/VPN201008*.conf

btw, template is located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.karry.vpnc/scripts/cisco_template

For A network you should use eight bit mask, so network is 10.0.0.0/8. It is equivalent with address 10.0.0.0 and mask 255.0.0.0 .

Thank for testing
    The content of the VPN201008*.conf file is accurate. I can ping the VPN gateway from my Pre.

Have you or anyone experienced the error I received for VPN type Cisco?

On the net, I see references to java version level and other references on the path to the library. I also wonder if the there is a length issue with the secret password.

I have to admit, I am no help with these errors. Try creating a Cisco entry with bogus info and I bet you get the same errors.

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libjemalloc_mt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored /usr/sbin/vpnc:
    error: deobfuscating of password failed (input not a hex string)

Dale
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I tested a VPNv type connection again using the text type for secret password of "abcdef1234567890".
    This time I had the indication vpnc version 0.5.3 started and the error then changed to one regarding authentication.

When I changed this same hex string to the obfuscated type, I received the same error as before regarding (input not a hex string). There was also no indication that the vpnc version loaded.

There seems to be a problem with decrypting or the way the field verification for hex characters is performed.

Dale
    Last edited by Dale46; 08/15/2010 at 07:23 PM.
    install from Preware.
    And TreoRock the same problem.

use 'cd /opt/vpnbox' command; can't cd to /opt/vpnbox;

WebOS 1.4.5
    1.install UberKernel.
    2.install PreVPNc

it work....
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidpanchina View Post
    install from Preware.
    And TreoRock the same problem.

use 'cd /opt/vpnbox' command; can't cd to /opt/vpnbox;

WebOS 1.4.5
    You probably haven't enable run postinstall scripts... Alternatively you can try run this script manualy http://prevpnc.googlecode.com/svn/tr...ntrol/postinst but I don't know if you should set variable IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT...
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    When I changed this same hex string to the obfuscated type, I received the same error as before regarding (input not a hex string). There was also no indication that the vpnc version loaded.
    I make some tests with parsing different configs. PreVPNc put TWO spaces between "Xauth obfuscated password" and hex string... This is cause of this bug. It must be only one! I will fix it tonight...

EDIT: Ok, fix is ready. Please test new snapshot cz.karry.vpnc_0.1.3svn46_all.ipk - prevpnc - next snapshot including vpnc config fix - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Last edited by karry; 08/18/2010 at 05:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I make some tests with parsing different configs. PreVPNc put TWO spaces between "Xauth obfuscated password" and hex string... This is cause of this bug. It must be only one! I will fix it tonight...

EDIT: Ok, fix is ready. Please test new snapshot cz.karry.vpnc_0.1.3svn46_all.ipk - prevpnc - next snapshot including vpnc config fix - Project Hosting on Google Code
    I previously saw the spaces in front of the passwords. I removed them by editing the conf file; but, a retry did not effect the error I had received. I expect they were added back on subsequent edits in the tool.

After replacing the app with your new version, deleting the configuration I created previously and created new. The conf file now does not have the extra space; but, when selected for connection, the state remains as connecting until I select it and disconnect. The show log only displays an empty screen while connecting and a log file is not there after disconnecting.

The ip route list and ip addr show command does include references to my VPN gateway and the target site DNS server; but, does not seem to work. It appears to successfully ping a device on the target site; but, can not resolve host names or access web sites.

I will discuss the results of the ip commands with my network contact.

Are there other logs which I can review outside the app?

Dale
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Are there other logs which I can review outside the app?
    Yes, please try command

Code:
    chroot /opt/vpnbox/ /usr/sbin/vpnc /tmp/YOURCONFIG
    ...replace YOURCONFIG by config file located in /opt/vpnbox/tmp/

...and, try add "debug 2" to your config file...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes, please try command

Code:
    chroot /opt/vpnbox/ /usr/sbin/vpnc /tmp/YOURCONFIG
    ...replace YOURCONFIG by config file located in /opt/vpnbox/tmp/

...and, try add "debug 2" to your config file...
    Results sent to you in private message.

Dale
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast