Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by karry View Post
    Yes, it is not supported.

to que180: You mean Cisco VPN with certificate authorization? No, it isn't supported.

PreVPNc support password authorization on PPTP VPN only. I plan add support for other VPN types later (primarily OpenVPN), but is too many VPN implementations on this world and some implementations are proprietary moreover :/

I hope that some developers join to me. Add new VPN type will be relatively simple...
    Ok then thanks anyway...
    Follow me on Twitter @MalikCirca1980
    thank you!
    I have installed, status is connected.
    ping vpn gw is ok,but cann't connect through it.
    Check logs : "not replaceing existing default route via 192.168.1.1;Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP."
    Test is ok after I have add default route(route add default gw 10.1.1.1)

By the way, Palm Profile failed after installing prevpnc, cann't use the app catalog,update,ect.
  3.    #23  
    Is setup your gateway 10.1.1.1 for routing connection back to internet? try replace "default" with 10.0.0.0/8 (if you are using 8 bit network mask in your private network - 255.0.0.0)

For setup route rule are used last two inputs in PreVPNc profile config...

edit: I create simple diagram, how can VPN look: http://code.google.com/p/prevpnc/wiki/Howto
    Last edited by karry; 06/15/2010 at 07:42 AM.
    Is there MPPE support?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by freezex View Post
    Is there MPPE support?

Yes, it is supported. Before connection are inserted extra kernel modules (original Pre's kernel is compiled without it).
    Why is this called (Pre)VPNc if it isn't for Cisco VPN? Its confusing compared to other linux packages:

vpnc - client for cisco vpn concentrator

-Scott
  7.    #27  
    Please, remember, these versions of PreVPNc are development snapshots. I am planning add support for other types of vpn later (OpenVPN, Cisco, SSH...). I release it early because pptp works already and many people wait for it. Besides, I wanted get feedback, testers and other developers for help.

And name? I called this app PreVPNc like "Pre VPN client". I was inspired by kvpnc - KVpnc - KDE frontend for various VPN clients
  8.    #28  
    Hi all. I release new snapshot with OpenVPN support.

cz.karry.vpnc_0.1.2svn37_all.ipk

Configuration of OpenVPN in PreVPNc is very limited, but is possible write owns customized config template located in ".vnc/openvpn_template" (in internal storage). For more information see wiki page Howto setup VPN connection.

Feedback is welcome :-)
    Last edited by karry; 06/19/2010 at 02:03 PM.
  9.    #29  
    Is someone able provide me account on Cisco VPN server for testing? I would like add Cisco VPN as next supported VPN type to PreVPNc.

Benefits: Tested application for connect to your private network from Palm Pre.
    Awesome, I was just about to start a front end for this. Come to #webos-internals and find me (PuffTheMagic) if you to make this a group project. I would like to help if you want it.

PreVPNc allows create and manage VPN connection on webOS devices. It support MS PPTP only so far (no OpenVPN, Cisco or others).

Warning: application is under development, you can' expect that will work in all cases! Passwords are stored as plaintext in your phone!
    Hi I'm getting this error when I try to connect:
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Hi I'm getting this error when I try to connect...
    Hi man, how did you install PreVPNc? It seems that post-install script wasn't executed and you haven't extracted archive with vpn backends (in dir /opt/vpnbox).
    Hi man, how did you install PreVPNc? It seems that post-install script wasn't executed and you haven't extracted archive with vpn backends (in dir /opt/vpnbox).
    Hi, I used WebOS quickinstall first, then preware. Am I installing it wrong? or missing something?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Hi, I used WebOS quickinstall first, then preware. Am I installing it wrong? or missing something?
    Have you enabled run postinst scripts in Quick Install (File > Options > Always allow...)?

Have you root access to your Pre? Please, look if exist directory /opt/vpnbox .
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I just installed from Preware, and I didn't get a launcher icon.

**Edit**

Used preware to rescan Luna, and it picked up the new launcher.
    Last edited by Kaihmeyer; 06/28/2010 at 09:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Is someone able provide me account on Cisco VPN server for testing? I would like add Cisco VPN as next supported VPN type to PreVPNc.

Benefits: Tested application for connect to your private network from Palm Pre.
    Karry
    Have you reviewed/talked with HaPe who has posted the Cisco vpnc scripts to utilize the program from the Optware web site? (vpnc_0.5.3-1_arm.ipk)

"http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/235696-howto-cisco-vpn-connection.html"

This solution is working for me, mostly; but, requires terminus to start/stop/status. I would be glad to test your solution once completed.

Dale
    Hey, just wanted to throw in a quick word that this is a VERY exciting software project to me as a user. Cisco VPN support would allow me to take control of my university's linux clusters from my phone, which would be just freakin awesome. You guys rock!!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Karry, this is an app I've been waiting for, and I thank you for developing it! I'm trying to connect to my work's PPTP VPN, and I'm getting the following error: "Refusing MPPE stateful mode offered by peer. MPPE required but peer negotiation failed" Is this saying that my VPN server doesn't support MPPE?

Thanks again -
    Quote Originally Posted by crholt View Post
    Karry, this is an app I've been waiting for, and I thank you for developing it! I'm trying to connect to my work's PPTP VPN, and I'm getting the following error: "Refusing MPPE stateful mode offered by peer. MPPE required but peer negotiation failed" Is this saying that my VPN server doesn't support MPPE?

Thanks again -
    I get the same error. My VPN is done by DD-WRT and connecting from xp/vista/7 has always worked perfectly.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I get the same error. My VPN is done by DD-WRT and connecting from xp/vista/7 has always worked perfectly.
    My VPN is also done by DD-WRT...interesting. Off to do some research
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast