1.    #1  
    Is there an app that gives you the temperature of your location?
    Basically like having a thermometer in your phone??
    Lots of weather apps do this, but you might like WeatherIcon:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  3.    #4  
    Yeah, Those I'm aware of and I have one downloaded that's fine.

I'm referring to one tell tells the current temp of where I (my phone) is.
    Like if I'm in my house, it can tell the temperature in my living room, or if I go to my garage it can tell the temp there
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    +1 that would be awesome, although not sure it's possible ??
    I wonder if it's possible given how much heat the phone generates? If it is possible, I'd definitely buy it...

As it is I have digital thermometers in several rooms. Hopefully Radio Shack will have a big sale and I can stock up...
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wonder if it's possible given how much heat the phone generates? ...
    Very good point.

I guess that will be one issue they must resolve first...
    There is no outside ambient temperature sensor on the phone. There are two sensors (I believe) on the processor and one other location. Those can't be used to get an accurate outside the phone temperature, due to the varying temperature the phone generates based on processing load, charging level, various radio signal strengths, etc.

It just isn't technically possible, without a dedicated temperature sensor made for this.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post

Like if I'm in my house, it can tell the temperature in my living room, or if I go to my garage it can tell the temp there

Piece of cake, here is how to do it:

1. Go buy a weather station, like this: Pro Wireless Weather Station (WMR100N) :Professional Weather Stations: Weather: Oregon Scientific (about $200) install in your living room, garage and where ever else you want.
    2. Go buy Weather Display software, from here: Weather Display - the Weather Station software ($70 for a lifetime registration)
    3. Add on Weather Display Live from here: Weather Display Live ($40).

Install everything, and start showing the weather from your locations live on the web.

Just open your browser and point to the location you want to see the temperature for and BAM: you find out your Pre's browser doesn't support Flash yet....ok, so you have to wait for that to come out....
    OP:
    How do you expect the phone to know the temp in a room in your house without a built-in thermometer?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post

yes go to the app catalog and download weathericon its great
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    yes go to the app catalog and download weathericon its great

That will only tell you the current weather within your town/city according to the position of your GPS.

To the others....The smartass comments AREN'T necessary.

Just thought I would bring something up that I thought would be useful
    I'm trying to figure out how a phone would be able to pull this information accurately. There's no phone that I know of that has some sort of external temp hardware. If you really need to get accurate readings of a room's temperature, really just get an actual thermometer for that room. I wouldn't be surprised if most apps that "claim" to do that are probably more based on the battery's or CPU's temperature and calculating in account for test readings with real thermometers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if most apps that "claim" to do that are probably more based on the battery's or CPU's temperature and calculating in account for test readings with real thermometers.
    That was my first thought, would it be possible to use those. However, the variables involved that create heat in the phone would make it impossible. The environment would be contributing a small fraction of the temperature difference. Any time when noise is magnitudes larger than signal, it is impossible to get a good reading.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.