Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Your gateway to streaming TV for free! Finally a WebOS app the let's you stream TV!
    Pwnage TV is simply the best way to stream free online TV on your Palm Pre, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Pwnage TV is a free application and will always be free, no donations needed (but appreciated), no sign up, no hidden costs.

The simplicity of Pwnage TV is what makes it the best streaming app, simply open it choose a show, season, and episode and start instantly streaming. We even let you download episodes seamlessly. Full instructions are also included in the app.

Features:
    *Top shows such as South Park and Family Guy
    *Dedicated host means maximum speeds
    *Shows added every day
    *Direct streaming links
    *Minimal Adds

Expect much more shows added in the coming days!

Please note this is simply a shortcut to Pwnage TV for the convenience of having it on your menu. I'm just learning to code in WebOS and a full port will be available soon, it's basically the same thing just that it opens in browser.

For now please download and rename to something short, I'm working on fixing this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by darksniper404; 05/29/2010 at 08:02 AM.
    so I need safari plugin from cydia to watch this ? And do you have a link?
    this doesn't seem to work on my pre. won't stream (error during play back) and after download it wont play. I did go into internals and changed the name from "way to fing long*^*&^*%$&^%&%(&(&))*)*)*)(*&*&-mpeg4.mp4" to basicly "80.mp4" and now I can watch what I downloaded. So I'm guessing either the file name is way to long or the filename at the end says..-mpeg4.mp4, so maybe thats the problem. thats what I figured out, hope it helps. Also, the file plays in landscape.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    yeah that's what I get error.
    Where do you guys go to get this app?
  6.    #6  
    Hey guys sorry for the error, I will try to fix it best I can as I am not a WebOS dev and the site is designed mostly with iPhone in mind. And no you do not need Safari DL Plug-In that's for iPhone. Oh yeah can you guys tell me exactly the error you get because I do not have a Pre.
    So where do you go to get this app? is there a link?
    i downloaded the file in the Original Post, then used webos quick install to install it on my pre. the zip file in the origianal post, when I downloaded it and then moved it to quickinstall it switched it to a .ipk file.

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    when trying to stream the error says " there was an error playing back the file"

the same when trying to play after downloading the file. I was able to get the downloaded file to play after renaming it and removing the mpeg.mp4 and replacing it with just .mp4, then the downloaded file played fine on my pre.

there was an error playing this file. That's what it says hope to see it up and running good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    Hey guys sorry for the error, I will try to fix it best I can as I am not a WebOS dev and the site is designed mostly with iPhone in mind. And no you do not need Safari DL Plug-In that's for iPhone. Oh yeah can you guys tell me exactly the error you get because I do not have a Pre.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for letting me know that it works when removing the _mpeg4 this means that it's only for South Park. I will fix them soon. They should stream also after removing that, you can also get Pwnage TV from preware soon hopefully.

Edit: I see the problem, almost all files are _something because my converter does that, I'll need to change a lot of them. The pre must be picky lol. For flashforward did you give it 30 seconds to load because it could take that long on a slow connection. Those episodes are pretty long.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 05/28/2010 at 10:28 PM.
    oh, well i only tried that trick with southpark. I tried to stream flashforward and it just kept loading and never played. also, i streaming family guy and also got the error message. I will try to download one of these other types and see if I can get it to work on my pre.

13.    #13  
    Hmmm that's odd I wonder how Pre handles video. I just tried on the emulator but the emulator does not play video anyway.
    so I downloaded a episode of family guy, tried to stream it, but it just brought up an error message. after downloading i tried to play it, error message again. then I remnamed it. the origianal file name was this really long name that had allot of % and other symbols along with the words family guy and stuff ending with .mp4. I shortened the file name to just few letters.mp4 and it played just fine. the file was huge! 330 mb but the video quality was great. I am thinking that for both files I downloaded, the way to get them to work was to shorten the name. could this be the issue with streaming also?

15.    #15  
    Can you guys try Season 7 Family Guy for me, it should work.
    season 7 works. It took about 45 sec to begin to play but looks good
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    season 7 works. It took about 45 sec to begin to play but looks good
    Yeah that's because its true HD, triple the file size of a normal TV show. I've found the problem, I need to remove all spaces. This could take awhile to fix.
    thanks for your work on this, it's awesome. By the way, any chance that Hero's will be available?
  19.    #19  
    Yeah, probably soon, I'm going to try and find a way so I don't need to change every one of the file names. Oh yeah and for now Weeds should work and some of the other shows.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'd imagine there's a way to have the Pre automatically strip the spaces out upon downloading. I'm not sure what kind of file renaming APIs are available as I'm pretty new to WebOS programming as well. Perhaps a more seasoned dev could chime in.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast