Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    looks good I'm going to play around with it hope it works
    hey family guy works and it looks great way better than my sprint tv does take a bit to load hope you get the rest working great idea man hope you get some law n order I love those shows
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    I'd imagine there's a way to have the Pre automatically strip the spaces out upon downloading. I'm not sure what kind of file renaming APIs are available as I'm pretty new to WebOS programming as well. Perhaps a more seasoned dev could chime in.
    Yeah that would be nice, however if it changes the name it probably wouldn't access the correct file.
  4.    #24  
    I found out the exact problem and it will be fixed very soon, I'm excited to bring this news to everyone. Also if your wondering why here it is, the iPhone knows %20=space but the Pre tries to use %20 which is not even in the file name. All I need to do it copy the stuff into notepad and replace %20 with a space.

Edit: May I ask what South Park episodes are not working?
    Last edited by darksniper404; 05/29/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    i have question: how you download ? When I chose episode it always try to play, but only loading for very long
    you need the multi mod patch to have the download option
    all the southpark as far as I can tell
    I'm sorry I need some help in even trying to test this out.

I installed the ipk and have the app 'pwnage TV' on my Pre, when I go to launch it, it opens the browser and then I get that list, after which I touch the 'enter' button and see TV Shows, FAQ, etc.

But if I tap on anything other than 'how to use', nothing happens.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ok guys go it figured out, but it took so long to download it might not be worth it.

I tried the Family Guy since you said that was the working one.

After the download it said it could play that format?

The file name ended in .mp4, do I need to rename it?

Thanks!

Rob

UPDATE: Got it to work by doing what someone said, rename it to something very short! Works! Looks nice! But I gather you can't stream it with the file name as it is, so for now I guess, you have to download it and rename.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

10. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    anyone know what website this app is linking to. If its just going to a site, it seems it would be easier to just make a bookmark.
    doesn't work, error
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The stream doesn't work, got the error " The was an error playing the file"
    I have the multi mod patch, downloaded the video.
    Tried to play it...got the error " The was an error playing the file"
    Opened internalz app, renamed the video file to "episode1.mp4"
    The video played fine then.

I guess Pre doesn't like the long name for the files.
    Last edited by RMB; 06/01/2010 at 01:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    anyone know what website this app is linking to. If its just going to a site, it seems it would be easier to just make a bookmark.
    Pwnage TV
    PS the thanks button is to the right ^^

Also as an added note if you wanted once navigated to the page either Via the App or the link you can click you browser menu and then click Page/Add to launcher
    Last edited by eztech; 06/01/2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Adding information
    On the shows that will play on the Pre after they are downloaded, like a majority of the Weeds collection, none will play while streaming, only after downloading, they do play just fine after downloading then invoking the Pre media player manually to play the file.

None of these will play while streaming to the device. If I try to play the stream, the stream progress starts then stops over and over again. The video starts one time, then never again while the blue progress bar continuously moves up and down from the 0% starting point on the left to about 90% complete on the right. even if I drag the play position marker to a different point in the show, the results are the same, the stream never really plays, it shows the one spot on the screen and the blue progress bar moves up and down endlessly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Yea i cant get any shows streamed to my phoned either. i have to download a show and then watch it. it is kind of annoying that i have to download the show to watch it cuz it takes forever but i do like the quality.
  16.    #36  
    Sorry guys I don't know what I can do besides hope Palm gets there browser fixed. It's pretty much nonsense that it doesn't play files with spaces, I removed the spaces in the URL to the videos but it still doesn't work on Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    Sorry guys I don't know what I can do besides hope Palm gets there browser fixed. It's pretty much nonsense that it doesn't play files with spaces, I removed the spaces in the URL to the videos but it still doesn't work on Pre.
    Thank you for removing the spaces. Now a majority of the shows will play after being downloaded. Streaming still doesn't work, only downloading the file, then manually selecting the downloaded file to play works.

Can you try shortening the file name on one or two of the files and posting the file names (show episode) in here? Not sure if that will resolve the streaming problem, but we won't know until it can be tested. Shortening the file name has helped many of us play some of the videos after we download them to the device.

Much Appreciated!

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I downloaded the app from preware, but when I launch it a blank screen comes up...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have the app but the shows won't show it keeps stopping. How do you fix this please
    Kaneadsha
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneadsha jones View Post
    I have the app but the shows won't show it keeps stopping. How do you fix this please
    Download the show first, then play it. If you can't download files, install the browser multi-mod patch.
    If after downloading the show it still will not play, then you'll need to shorten the filename. The ones that don't play after downloading will play after you do.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast