View Poll Results: when war occurs

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • draw 3 cards face down flip the fourth

8 72.73%
  • draw 2 cards face down flip the third

3 27.27%
  1.    #1  
    I just submitted my first palm pre app the classic card game war!
    Tell me what you guys and gals think.
    enjoy
    I just took a look at it and so far I think it needs some type of multiplayer. Local or online, the latter would be alot better. I've played War since I was a little kid and I still play now and then with my baby brothers because they don't know how to play anything else. It just doesn't seem that fun without multiplayer. You can just spam taps on the deck and see who wins. The graphics could be better but its not necessary. Anyways that's all just my opinion. Still a nice app. Thanks for contributing.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I am in the process of installing, but from the looks of the screenshots, when you go to "war", you are only putting 2 cards face down and showing the 3rd. Isn't it 3 face down cards and showing the 4th? War - Card Game Rules - Complete Rules of War
    War, huh?

What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing.
    But it is kinda' fun.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I am in the process of installing, but from the looks of the screenshots, when you go to "war", you are only putting 2 cards face down and showing the 3rd. Isn't it 3 face down cards and showing the 4th? [url= - Card Game Rules - Complete Rules of War[/url]
    Oh great, now you tell me... This is the way I was tought and the way I have always played it. For now I decree that it stays. In the words of Mel Brooks "it's good to be the King." in all seriousness I will post a poll and majority rules. Sound good?
    Oh yeah can't believe I didn't notice that but it's definetly 3 cards face down and flip the fourth. That's the way I've played it all my life anyways.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I always hated that there was zero strategy or way to tweak the game to any advantage. Loved the game as a kid, but as I grew and once I realized that no matter what I did, the outcome was decided the second cards were dealt, I couldn't stand it anymore. Great job on the program itself though

(and yeah, 3 down, 4rth up)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Oh yeah can't believe I didn't notice that but it's definetly 3 cards face down and flip the fourth. That's the way I've played it all my life anyways.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I must say I feel rather embarrassed . I will try to get an update out by the end of next week. (no guarantee though as I have a stupid 3 credit class I have to take for the next 5 weeks)
    Last edited by ledzepman71; 05/22/2010 at 06:15 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Operation Study Avoidance is a success. The new version of war is 0.0.9. when war occurs three cards come up face down and the fourth face up. There you have it folk, it just goes to show how much you can get done when you are avoiding textbooks.
  10.    #10  
    oops. Somebody better call the orkinman; I just found a bug.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepman71 View Post
    oops. Somebody better call the orkinman; I just found a bug.
    all fixed. good to go.