Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I know that if I type an email in the to field in messaging, whatever I type will be sent to that person's email from [mysprintphonenumber]@sprintpcs.com. And if that person replies to that email, it gets converted to a text and shows up as a reply in messaging. No settings to tweak or anything. I haven't gotten the chance to try this in your app yet, but in theory, if you can forward to a cell number, you can forward to an email as well, especially if your app is utilizing a messaging app plugin or API.
    Phones -> Motorola i60c, i80, i215, i730, i880(maroon), Samsung Instinct(SPH-M800), Palm Pre

Palm Devices ->3com Palm III, Palm m100, m130, m500, Zire 71, PalmOne Zire 72, LifeDrive, Palm Pre
  2.    #62  
    Oh, I know it works. I am just wondering, out loud in case somebody knows, if the carriers care how much you use the gateway to send text messages to email addresses. It would certainly make it easier to get that feature finished and pushed out to everyone.
    Can a exclude list be added to to auto replies? I don't want to auto reply to messages from twitter.

Thanks,
    Jay
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhajj View Post
    Can a exclude list be added to to auto replies? I don't want to auto reply to messages from twitter.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Do Twitter messages come from an email or from a short number (shorter than your local numbering format, including area code for US devices.) If so, they will not be replied to. An exclude list is in the works, but let me know if the above will work also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Do Twitter messages come from an email or from a short number (shorter than your local numbering format, including area code for US devices.) If so, they will not be replied to. An exclude list is in the works, but let me know if the above will work also.

They come from a short number, 40404. I wasn't aware that those would not be replied to. That's great. Thanks for the info!

-Jay
  6.    #66  
    Just a heads-up for everyone -- webOS 2.0 totally breaks this app in several areas. I may have to change my focus to that research so I can try to have a working version when 2.0 is released.
    Is there a way that you can disable the function that pops up to notify that the message has been fowarded? Also not have the icon in the status area? I am looking for something that can run in the background and not be reminded that it is on. Fowarding to email is great. Electric Pocket has a similar program for the Blackberry and Windows systems and it works great, in the background, and you dont get notifications every time it fowards. It can also forward messages that you send in the event you need a trail.
    I dont think they care. I have Sprint and have a similar program on my Blackberry sold by Electric Pocket . I have unlimited text and have not had an issue as far as receiving the emails at all.
    Oh, I know it works. I am just wondering, out loud in case somebody knows, if the carriers care how much you use the gateway to send text messages to email addresses. It would certainly make it easier to get that feature finished and pushed out to everyone.
    I dont think they care. I have Sprint and have a similar program on my Blackberry sold by Electric Pocket . I have unlimited text and have not had an issue as far as receiving the emails at all.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ymcgee View Post
    Is there a way that you can disable the function that pops up to notify that the message has been fowarded? Also not have the icon in the status area? I am looking for something that can run in the background and not be reminded that it is on. Fowarding to email is great. Electric Pocket has a similar program for the Blackberry and Windows systems and it works great, in the background, and you dont get notifications every time it fowards. It can also forward messages that you send in the event you need a trail.
    I think I may just be mis-reading what you wrote, but there is no notification that pops up when a message is forwarded/replied. The dashboard icon has to be displayed when the application is running due to constraints of the OS. Clicking the icon shows a dashboard panel showing how many messages have been processed. It appears that there is a way to eliminate the dashboard icon in webOS 2.0, but due to certain restrictions, the near-term future of this app may have to be in patch form. The bright side of that is that it would be fully integrated into the messaging app and be able to run without a dashboard icon, which I know will make lots of people happy. Personally, I like having the reminder that it is running so that I don't forget to turn it off.
    It seems unclear, but I'm looking for a text scheduler. For example at 8:00 am every day send text to number "text". Do you guys know of a solution for this scenario?
    Hi Matt, great app and I really miss this functionality since upgrading to a Pre 2. Is the outlook good for a version on webOS 2.x?
    I think I may just be mis-reading what you wrote, but there is no notification that pops up when a message is forwarded/replied. The dashboard icon has to be displayed when the application is running due to constraints of the OS. Clicking the icon shows a dashboard panel showing how many messages have been processed. It appears that there is a way to eliminate the dashboard icon in webOS 2.0, but due to certain restrictions, the near-term future of this app may have to be in patch form. The bright side of that is that it would be fully integrated into the messaging app and be able to run without a dashboard icon, which I know will make lots of people happy. Personally, I like having the reminder that it is running so that I don't forget to turn it off.
    is there any way to auto reply to text messages other than this ? or does this work on 2.x.x yet ? thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #74  
    I don't know of any other way to autoreply to text messages. The app is not ready for 2.x at this time, but I am fairly sure from what I have looked at so far that it will be possible. I haven't ruled out creating a patch for it to integrated it with the messaging app.

I'll be honest -- I haven't worked very hard on it yet. I wasn't real excited when I saw all of the changes that had been made to the messaging app, and the new access scheme for the private bus kind of killed things initially. I spent the winter building airplanes instead of digging in to the code to make this work. I need to get back to work on this before too many people are running 2.x and can no longer use it.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/02/2011 at 12:34 PM.
    dang it lol i need somthing next week for about 2 weeks ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Would be great if you could make sms would with android devices know it would be a great task but would be amazing and you would be the champ of apps if you could pull it off.
  17.    #77  
    Would be great if you could make sms would with android devices know it would be a great task but would be amazing and you would be the champ of apps if you could pull it off.
    What do you mean? There are already plenty of apps that do this available in the Android market, because unlike Palm/HP, they have a framework for granting permission for apps to access your phone data. My app will forward/reply messages to and from any type of phone that does SMS/MMS.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/01/2012 at 08:50 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234