Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
    Great, glad you liked it...

I noticed that I didn't use the alpha in the circle so here's an updated icon...

I'm attaching both 256px and 64px sizes so you don't have to re-size any file...

if you need something else please let me know...
    Would you mind checking to see how good the icon looks at 24x24px? I need a mini-icon for the dashboard. Right now I am using the regular messaging icon, and it look ok, but if this one doesn't get to ugly at 24px, I'd like to use it instead. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Would you mind checking to see how good the icon looks at 24x24px?
    No problem, glad I can help...

I did 3 options... The first one is exactly the same icon but just resized, on the second and third options I removed some detail (option 3 is the one with less detail)...

IMHO I prefer option 3 because the icon looks more clean... If you think of a different option let me know so I can work on it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #43  
    I uploaded the new version to the repository tonight with dashboard operation.
    Thanks Grabber. This is a great app! In your list of things to add, is there one that would allow you to auto-reply to only certain mobile numbers? Thanks again.
    works great!!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart98065 View Post
    Thanks Grabber. This is a great app! In your list of things to add, is there one that would allow you to auto-reply to only certain mobile numbers? Thanks again.
    I don't remember having that on there, but I will add it to the list. Thanks for the feedback!
    I just wanted to write you a quick note thanking you for this excellent homebrew. My work has recently purchased me a phone and this is PERFECT for when I don't want to carry both phones.

You are the man!
    feature request:
    - allow pre-set of, maybe, 5 autoreply stings that can be picked from while activationg, in addition to freely typing a new one.
    : (){:|:&};:
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherifone View Post
    I just wanted to write you a quick note thanking you for this excellent homebrew. My work has recently purchased me a phone and this is PERFECT for when I don't want to carry both phones.

You are the man!
    Thanks! Glad I was able to meet your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    feature request:
    - allow pre-set of, maybe, 5 autoreply stings that can be picked from while activationg, in addition to freely typing a new one.
    Thanks, I will add that to the future feature list. I had forgotten about that idea.
    Would you be interested in adding a feature to only auto forward text messages from certain people? I'd be happy to contribute something to the process if you have an idea how much it would cost to add.

Darren Wiebe
    darren@aleph-com.net
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkwiebe View Post
    Would you be interested in adding a feature to only auto forward text messages from certain people? I'd be happy to contribute something to the process if you have an idea how much it would cost to add.

Darren Wiebe
    darren@aleph-com.net
    No problem, it's on the list of future enhancements.
  12.    #52  
    Uploaded version 0.9.9 tonight. It is an MMS forwarding bug-fix - now looks for included text correctly and includes in forwarded message (it still does not forward any content aside from the text, by design). This had been bugging me for a while, though it had not been reported to me by anyone using the app.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/08/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Would forwarding or auto replying to an IM message be possible?
    I'd love to be able to forward all my SMS messages to an email address...could you think about adding this?

Thanks for a great app.

Gx
    Had the app for sometime now but never really used it. So when I got the notification of the update, I finally took a look at it.

Wow, this is a great app, I've made a donation, sorry that I was so slow on this.

I would like a feature that you have on your 'to-do' list, I would like to select some predefined messages, this way if I am for example in the car, I can have it say 'I'm driving, I will respond when it's safe'.

I guess some 'canned' ones and then ones that we can create ourselves.

And I like the idea that someone mentioned, to be able to reply back to someone via their email address instead. I have a friend that doesn't want me to use up their limited text messages allocation that they have on their cellphone plan, but to instead send a reply back to their email.

Thanks!

Rob
    Rob

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I confess I haven't looked at any depth, but I need to swap a malfunctioning Pre for a replacement & I am desperately trying to save a text thread. It's approximately 6 weeks' worth of a thread & quite lengthy. The only way I've found to do this is copy all, paste into an e-mail, & send it to myself. The problem w/this is the copy all feature only does chunks at a time & this a long process. I'm assuming this app will not forward an archived thread, just new msgs as they are rec'd. Does anyone know how I can save this thread so I can swap this phone before I miss the deadline to get the screwy phone sent back to Sprint? I would greatly appreciate any info.
  17.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunadawn View Post
    I confess I haven't looked at any depth, but I need to swap a malfunctioning Pre for a replacement & I am desperately trying to save a text thread. It's approximately 6 weeks' worth of a thread & quite lengthy. The only way I've found to do this is copy all, paste into an e-mail, & send it to myself. The problem w/this is the copy all feature only does chunks at a time & this a long process. I'm assuming this app will not forward an archived thread, just new msgs as they are rec'd. Does anyone know how I can save this thread so I can swap this phone before I miss the deadline to get the screwy phone sent back to Sprint? I would greatly appreciate any info.
    Yep, it can only read new ones as they come in. The thread NachoB posted should help you.
  18.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Would forwarding or auto replying to an IM message be possible?
    Based on following the Homing Device thread, it's definitely possible. I am torn as to whether or not that should be part of this app or a separate app. I kind of want to keep the app focused on incoming SMS, but I will think about it. If I make it part of this app, it will definitely need a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I'd love to be able to forward all my SMS messages to an email address...could you think about adding this?

Thanks for a great app.

Gx
    Thanks. I am working on that (new messages only), and I'm trying to figure out the best way to approach it. I discovered that you can send an SMS to an email address via the SMS email gateway, I'm just not sure the implications of doing that a lot -- I don't want carriers coming down on users who use the gateway a lot. I have googled it and found very little useful information. I started trying playing around with writing code to send an email using the default account, but have not had any success yet. It does not spit out useful error messages like the SMS code did.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Had the app for sometime now but never really used it. So when I got the notification of the update, I finally took a look at it.

Wow, this is a great app, I've made a donation, sorry that I was so slow on this.

I would like a feature that you have on your 'to-do' list, I would like to select some predefined messages, this way if I am for example in the car, I can have it say 'I'm driving, I will respond when it's safe'.

I guess some 'canned' ones and then ones that we can create ourselves.

And I like the idea that someone mentioned, to be able to reply back to someone via their email address instead. I have a friend that doesn't want me to use up their limited text messages allocation that they have on their cellphone plan, but to instead send a reply back to their email.

Thanks!

Rob
    Rob

Rob
    Thanks Rob Rob Rob. And also thanks for the donation. I think you have a valid suggestion, but it would definitely make things interesting in the UI/config area. Of course it is dependent on other changes happening first, so it will be a while before I can look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Based on following the Homing Device thread, it's definitely possible. I am torn as to whether or not that should be part of this app or a separate app. I kind of want to keep the app focused on incoming SMS, but I will think about it. If I make it part of this app, it will definitely need a new name.
    I only ask since due to synergy they all come into the same place, it would be nice to have it forward/auto reply no matter what the source.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast