Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    xanthanliod has made a patch that allows you to ignore incoming calls with a text. It might be a good place to start looking.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-options.html
    The last time I looked he was still having problems. Looks like it has come a long ways in the last week.
    Cool!..Hopefully you add the GPS feature
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The last time I looked he was still having problems. Looks like it has come a long ways in the last week.
    I use it daily. Works great!!
    I see an update what are some of the changes made?
  5.    #25  
    Guess I need to get that change log going eh?

0.9.2 is a minor update from a user perspective.
    - fixed one bug that was allowing you to set the forward number to your own number in some cases.
    - added instructions to help page, so it's actually helpful.
    - removed some leftover test files I was no longer using.
    Ok thanks! I look forward to when you can set it and go without the card being open. Have you looked at brightness unlinked or weather now for suggestions both of those run in the background.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    First attempt. Let me know if this is not appropriate or what to change.
    Thanks. It's not quite the look I am after, but it is a good start. I really like the arrows used in the mail app for forward and reply, if they could be made to look good with both used. I will (try to) mock up what I am thinking. It might require using a single msg bubble so it's not too busy.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/25/2010 at 11:30 AM.
    I really like the arrows used in the mail app for forward and reply
    Grabber, Hi... do you mean something like this???

I'm not as good as Tobias (I couldn't get all the small details he used and the arrows are not exactly as the mail app) but if I hit the nail on what you want maybe he can help by doing an icon based on any of the ones I uploaded...

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
    Grabber, Hi... do you mean something like this???

I'm not as good as Tobias (I couldn't get all the small details he used and the arrows are not exactly as the mail app) but if I hit the nail on what you want maybe he can help by doing an icon based on any of the ones I uploaded...

Regards,
    Thanks, I think those look great. I really like the first one. I was worried it would look too busy, but I think it is fine.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok thanks! I look forward to when you can set it and go without the card being open. Have you looked at brightness unlinked or weather now for suggestions both of those run in the background.
    I had looked at a couple of apps, but it wasn't helping me. I finally found some good documentation on Palm's badly organized developer site that is going to really help me. I think I have a good handle on what I need to do now so I can get started.
    That's an interesting idea that I had not thought of. For people with the discipline to not check their phone as soon as it dings, that would be a good safety feature. I will add it to the list of things to look into. The tradeoff there is potential battery drain due to the GPS monitoring.
    Perhaps an "in motion" speed check during the SMS arrival/pre-forward-notification processing? Just a thought.
    Palm Zire -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre Plus
    It would be cool if you can forward text to your iPad. Any ideas?
    Thanks, I think those look great. I really like the first one. I was worried it would look too busy, but I think it is fine.
    Great, glad you liked it...

I noticed that I didn't use the alpha in the circle so here's an updated icon...

I'm attaching both 256px and 64px sizes so you don't have to re-size any file...

if you need something else please let me know...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is a really cool app...I would really like to see it fwd to en email also...I see that is in development and of course run in background...Electricpocket has a similar program for Blackberrys and Windows which I use on a my Blackberry and it is very helpful.
    Is this app only for pre or pixi also? I noticed you referred to Preware...
  16.    #36  
    Yes, it works on both the Pre and Pixi. Preware is the name of the on-device homebrew app installer.
    Guess I need to get that change log going eh?

0.9.2 is a minor update from a user perspective.
    - fixed one bug that was allowing you to set the forward number to your own number in some cases.
    - added instructions to help page, so it's actually helpful.
    - removed some leftover test files I was no longer using.
    Heh, on that note ... if you have two people using this, it will cause a SMS loop. A few ways to address this, but the easiest may be to just look for the Autoreply: text at the beginning of the message and not respond if it is there.
    : (){:|:&};:
    hello it's a very goog job
  19.    #39  
    Ok, now that I have had a short break from work projects, I've had some time to get a handle on the background app coding. Now I just need to find some time to incorporate it into the app, which I don't think will take as long as deciphering the documentation did. I hope to have a new version ready to release this week or next.

It will be a dashboard app that minimizes to an icon in the dashboard area that you can click on to see the status and re-open the card if needed.
  20.    #40  
    Ok, new version is almost ready to roll out. I know it has been longer than I stated, but the EVO launch kept me pretty busy for a while. I'd like to send it out to some beta testers before I put it in Preware, as I had to make extensive changes to get it running in the background. If you would like to participate, send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the IPK when it is ready.

The main change is the background operation. After you hit 'Activate', you can toss the card away, and it will open a dashboard icon. Clicking the icon will open the dashboard showing how many messages have been processed, and clicking the open dashboard will open the card view. Tossing away the card while it is not active will completely close the app.

In addition, when you open the app, it automatically looks up the forward number loaded from the cookie, so you can simply turn on forwarding and hit Activate, then toss away the card.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast