Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    If you're rough on phones like me, then you'll appreciate this app.

If you've rendered your volume up and down keys inoperable thru repeated use and wear and tear then Speaker Phone v1.0 is the solution.

Not terribly complex. I built this mostly for myself. I have no intentions on it being in the palm catalog or anything.

If there are others out there in the same situation as i am with my phone not being covered under warranty, then you'll appreciate this also.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrewPre; 05/08/2010 at 10:14 PM.

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    cyberprashant and Rnp like this.
    Where can I download this app? I don't see it in Preware of the Palm catalog...

Aslo, is there any way you can add the ability to set volume for separate parts of the phone?

I want the volume to stay up on the ringer and alarm after I turn down the speaker volume on a phone call. That's the way it works on my Centro, and I missed several calls before I realized I had turned the ringer all the way down because I had been talking on a headset and turned the volume down on a call.

Any chance? That's becoming such a pet peeve for me. I have to make sure the volume is up before going to sleep or I won't hear the alarm!!!

Ps. I think we must be neighbors...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/08/2010 at 03:47 PM.
    drewpre where is the app
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    oh sorry. Duh!

Locate Pre....done!
    so, neighbor. Where is the link?
    Just installed
    Works as advertised too bad you can't add a volume boost button.
    I am getting an error when unzipping something about inserting media volume
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yeah...I've been waiting for this app...thanks.

oops, how do I install this "zip" file...webosQI won't let me select "zip" files.

Nevermind...I unzip the file and it's an IPK file ...I'm good to go using WebosQI...
    Last edited by kaicho; 05/19/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I would guess you need to extract the file first, then install?

Are you going to add this to Preware? This is an example of an app that really does something, much like Brightness Unlinked. You could change the name to Sound Unlinked.
    Hey DrewPre, so this is the app I've been looking for because I needed an example on how to use the audio services in webos. Well I'm still having a little trouble if you don't mind helping.

All I want to do is that when my program loads, the volume level gets set, or when the user hits the volume keys it changes the multimedia volume level instead of the phone ringer level.

You use the Mojo.Service.Request - well I haven't been able to find much information on this or the different types of request that are available to make. Also I tried to send the command just like in the audio-service.jsjsjs, $but$ $I$ $was$ $unsuccessful$.

Would you be able to point me to some websites that would help me learn more about the available service request? Specifically the audio service request? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    the speaker phone and mm speaker audio reside on the private d-bus. Meaning your app cant access it unless it's name starts with com.palm.*

You'll have to change your apps' name.

Locate Pre....done!
    Thanks that worked for me. So frustrating that a simple name change was causing all my problems.
    I want it! Only a few more posts to go.
    Uh, this is the last one, I get links now!
    This is a great app, how about adding the rest of the Pre volume controls:
    (In-Call) Earpiece, Ringer, System & Headset?
    Great work!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    i can not install this software, and the "invalid magic" was shown after fail, can u tell me what is this?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Anyway to get this running in WebOS 2.1?
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Bummer, I thought I had finally found the solution to my busted volume keys, only to be disappointed. How much do I need to donate to get this on 2.1.0? I really need this badly.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Bummer, I thought I had finally found the solution to my busted volume keys, only to be disappointed. How much do I need to donate to get this on 2.1.0? I really need this badly.
    I did find a another patch that will do accomplish the same thing but with more options.

http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...cher-acal.html

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It works on 2.1.
    I had trouble installing from both WebOSQI as well as through preware on my phone. oh well.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast