Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Email Companion will soon be added to the Precentral feed. I anticipate adding it by Friday. Basically, Email Companion adds several features to the stock email application.

Here's a (somewhat) brief overview of its capabilities:
    • Auto Bcc: Automatically send a blind carbon copy of all emails you send. Add as many Bcc recipients as needed. This feature was added due to several requests from Precentral members, including mamouton (thank you Marion).

• Contact Emails: Email Companion scans the emails, and grabs emails from your contacts. The inspiration for this comes from the Yahoo email client. However, instead of simply grabbing a few recent emails from contacts, the program puts them in their own sublist. Clicking on a message brings up the corresponding email. All emails from the contact are readily available. You can quickly navigate through the emails from the corresponding contact by clicking the next/prev buttons.

• Flagged Emails: EC allows you to flag an email address. When an email from that sender arrives, it is set aside in a list so you can quickly access it. The inspiration for this comes from signing up at a website, purchasing a product or sending an email to customer support. I know they are going to send me an email, but don't know when. By flagging the email, it will be set aside for me when it comes in. EC doesn't require a perfect match. Therefore, if you just know the email is coming from (e.g. Bestbuy, but don't know if it'll be noreply@bestbuy.com or support@bestbuy.com), you can just put some part of it (e.g. bestbuy). EC will then flag any message with that word in its address. If you click on a flag, EC will bring up all emails from the corresponding flag, so one can quickly navigate through them.

• Keyword Emails: A spinoff of flagging emails by address is flagging emails by keyword. EC will grab any emails with a word or phrase, and collect them. Clicking on a keyword email will grab all emails with the keyword and allow one to navigate through them by clicking next/prev buttons. This works in a similar fashion to the keyword filter with the stock email program with two major differences:

o EC searches for the keyword automatically. Therefore, you don't have to remember to search for it.
    o EC searches all folders for the corresponding keyword, instead of just one at a time.
    • Unread Emails: EC will scan all the emails and count how many unread messages you have. It will them sort them by day, and present them to you in a calendar. Clicking on a day will bring up the corresponding unread emails. One can navigate through them by clicking the next prev buttons. The inspiration from this is because I often get a bunch of emails that I neglect to read. This helps this makes things easier.

• Mailing Lists: EC allows you to create a mailing list, similar to most email applications. The mailing list is available in regular contacts, so you can use the lists when using the stock email application.

• Text Alerts: EC allows you to create a list of email addresses and numbers that will receive a text message alert when you send them an email. People on the list will receive a text message along the lines of I just sent you an email, subject: <email-subject>. You can either grab the email address and phone number from your contacts, or you can enter them manually.

• Calendar Add: Add an email to your calendar to be reminded to read or respond later. You can also specify if you will be given a reminder. You can review the message (sans HTML) in the calendar, as well as see when it was sent so you can quickly find the original email. The inspiration from this comes from my Outlook application, where I sometimes get an email that I don't want to respond to immediately. I drag the email into the calendar so I will be reminded to respond later.

Some additional features I'm considering adding are:

• Auto-reply: This feature will allow one to automatically respond to emails. I'm thinking I'll allow it to auto-respond based on keyword or sender.

• Auto-text: This feature would automatically text someone letting them know you received their email.

• Auto-forward: This feature would allow one to automatically forward an email. I'm thinking it could also be based on keyword or sender.

• Email Vault: This feature would allow one to permanently store emails. This would be useful for when you make a travel reservation months in advance, and want to quickly retrieve it. The inspiration for this comes from Prubin (thank you Prubin).
    This app works great! Look forward to the auto reply and auto forward. The auto text is already in so you could probably put that as a done feature unless you have removed it.
    ccdoss I notice if you swipe too many time it takes you back to the intro screen.
    Any way it could include the option to download and save attachments which give you the message "Cannot find an application which can open this file" ?

Jim
    Where can we download this from?
    Cheers,
    PPR
    not showing in the precentral feed has this been added yet?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    +1 Where can I trial this. I have been waiting for an "auto bcc" patch. Sonds great.

It would be nice to get an "auto text" repsonse for missed calls.
    it is in Preware you have to load the feed from his original thread.
    His feed link doesn't work. Probably because it is a membership site.
    Will e-mail companion be up in Preware today?
    Cheers,
    PPR
    Where is this app?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I apologize for the delay. I had some more kinks to work out (before the next set of kinks). I have just submitted it for inclusion in Preware. Hopefully it'll be accepted soon. For those that know how to install via link, you can download here.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Any way it could include the option to download and save attachments which give you the message "Cannot find an application which can open this file" ?

Jim
    Attachments aren't supported with this yet. However, I do plan to support them after adding the auto reply features and doing some other updates. I hadn't thought of allowing one to download a file if there's no application support. I may add that.
    ccdoss does this have the latest updates?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ccdoss does this have the latest updates?
    It's been updated to show all emails. Emails from the past week are shown on the front page. Clicking on more will bring up all emails.

I've also modified so it only shows emails from 3 contacts on the front page. You can get to them by clicking more.
    Not up in Preware today.
    -PPR
    ccdoss,
    i just updated to version .94 from the link you posted and now i have the trial version expired screen. I was looking forward to testing out the new updates. Please advise
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    ccdoss,
    i just updated to version .94 from the link you posted and now i have the trial version expired screen. I was looking forward to testing out the new updates. Please advise
    Thanks
    It was set to work for a month or so. I'm assuming you've installed it that long? I will be coming out with another update in the next couple of days. I'll extend the trial period again then.
    Hey you made it to Precentral it is in the homebrew section!! Congrats!!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey you made it to Precentral it is in the homebrew section!! Congrats!!
    I just noticed that myself!!! I'm looking in Preware now to see if it's there. I guess Dieter did a lot of approvals. The number of HB apps went from 474 to 484.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast