Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Can anyone tell me what happened to this app? I had the trial, then it suddenly disappeared, and I've been unable to find it since--neither in the Palm Catalog nor in Homebrew. Is it officially dead, renamed, or what?
    [delete]Since it is no longer an approved app, my Pre won't allow me to uninstall either the beta or upgrade of this app.[/delete].

This was incorrect. It is true that for some reason I got the not approved message when trying to remove the beta and the later version, however, last night I did successfully delete Email Companion and today I found it in Preware and was able to reinstall it.

My apologies.
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 08/09/2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Error in original post.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    Since it is no longer an approved app, my Pre won't allow me to uninstall either the beta or upgrade of this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydaze View Post
    Can anyone tell me what happened to this app? I had the trial, then it suddenly disappeared, and I've been unable to find it since--neither in the Palm Catalog nor in Homebrew. Is it officially dead, renamed, or what?
    The app is still there, and will be updated soon. Not sure as to why you aren't seeing it on your phone, but I just checked and it is definitely in Preware, under the Productivity applications. Perhaps you need to update your feeds? Or, it may not show for you if it is still on your phone. Once the update comes (should be within the next couple of days), Preware should be able to show that an update is available.
    My apologies. I found Email Companion in Preware today and I have edited my earlier reply. I was able to reinstall it with no difficulty.

Unfortunately I have been having problems with my regular email account. After trying to change an account, the inbox is now missing. I hoped Email companion could find it but, no luck. I wish Email Companion could be configured to work directly with email hosts rather than relying on the Pre email app to get the mail.

Is there a way to tell E-mail companion which account to scan?
    Last edited by modemjunkie; 08/09/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: To add emoticons.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    My apologies. I found Email Companion in Preware today and I have edited my earlier reply. I was able to reinstall it with no difficulty.

Unfortunately I have been having problems with my regular email account. After trying to change an account, the inbox is now missing. I hoped Email companion could find it but, no luck. I wish Email Companion could be configured to work directly with email hosts rather than relying on the Pre email app to get the mail.

Is there a way to tell E-mail companion which account to scan?
    Not sure if there's an email client available in Javascript. I may look into it later.

As for choosing which accounts to scan, that is on the horizon. Trying to finish a few things in the next update, as well as get something in the App Catalog that'll expose more eyes to EC.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I can't get the app to scan any of my accounts...no matter which scan I choose, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

I'm on a Pre3, latest firmware, Uberkernel installed
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Guess this thread is dead..any way to reach the developer?
    looks like the app is dead as well. followed the directions to get it on my phone (via email from the webOSnation app page, through the app catalog on the phone, through preware,...) and it just brings up "this is not a valid HP webOS application."

Funny though, the TP app catalog is able to find it. I doubt I'll buy it from there as wanted it on my phone.

Looked promising and useful, too.
    I guess this app/thread is dead & I'll need to look elsewhere for an auto bcc solution.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456