Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey ccdoss i notice there is an update to ec. Are the instructions to register somewhere in the first screen? You know me and reading. LOL!!
    LOL!!! They are in the ACE version. I will make another mod to the Pro version to make it easier to register. I've first gotta get the ACE version running properly through the catalog and whatnot.
    Using this useful function, it would be nice it it had the following extra functionality:

1. That unread eamis, once read in Email Companion, were also marked as read in the default Email application.
    2. One could delete emails using Email Companion.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmcg View Post
    Using this useful function, it would be nice it it had the following extra functionality:

1. That unread eamis, once read in Email Companion, were also marked as read in the default Email application.
    2. One could delete emails using Email Companion.
    1. Will likely be in one of the updates coming soon.
    2. Will probably not happen soon, because of fear of making a mistake within EC that could wipe out many of your emails. The way it is, whatever mistakes happen in EC, they are contained there. However, since Palm syncs with your actual client, that would also mean the emails were wiped from there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Thank you for your purchase!!

It didn't launch because, prior to submission and after testing, I removed some unneeded files. It still somewhat looked for those files, which caused the errors in launching. The new version is v1.0.2. I have just updated it, but it's not updated in the feeds yet. I believe it should be updated in the next couple of hours.

The ACE version only activates the Pro version in Preware.
    thank you for the fast response with this, outstanding. Since the ace just activates the pro, should I remove one? Which will you continue to support and which should we take off?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    thank you for the fast response with this, outstanding. Since the ace just activates the pro, should I remove one? Which will you continue to support and which should we take off?
    You really don't need to remove one. However, the Pro version should be on the phone before you activate it in ACE. What you will see, when activated, is a screen letting you know it's been activated. You should then close the app and be able to use Pro from then on. You can leave ACE there or remove it...that's your discretion. Pro is the one with the functionality, though.

So, Pro will be the one with the feature updates. ACE will just be updated as needed to let people know of the updates in Pro, or to make it a better advertisement for Pro (remember, Pro can't appear in the App Catalog).
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    You really don't need to remove one. However, the Pro version should be on the phone before you activate it in ACE. What you will see, when activated, is a screen letting you know it's been activated. You should then close the app and be able to use Pro from then on. You can leave ACE there or remove it...that's your discretion. Pro is the one with the functionality, though.

So, Pro will be the one with the feature updates. ACE will just be updated as needed to let people know of the updates in Pro, or to make it a better advertisement for Pro (remember, Pro can't appear in the App Catalog).
    thanks cc, great app, I will continue to post as usage increases if I notice anything, but so far so good, I haven't really had any issues yet.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Can you just scan your inbox? choose an inbox to scan?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by readable View Post
    Can you just scan your inbox? choose an inbox to scan?
    I will add functionality to select the folders that are scanned in a future update. It'll probably be after auto-forward and auto-reply.
    so is Ace in the app catalog or the beta feeds?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    so is Ace in the app catalog or the beta feeds?
    It's in the Web Distribution feeds. I'm about to submit another version to the App Catalog. Wish me luck!
    ok
    Thanks for your quick responses. I understand you reticence re point 2. Thanks, and I look forward to the update.
    Another minor point: on my Pre (v1.4.1.1) when showing the list of emails I feel, for my taste, there is a lot of vertical space between the date, the subject and the first line of the message body. If these were rendered closer together, then a) more emails would fit on the screen, or b) more message body could be displayed or c) the message body of the preceeding email wouldn't appear to be associated (via the closer proximity) tio the date of the next email below, which is potentially confusing.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmcg View Post
    Another minor point: on my Pre (v1.4.1.1) when showing the list of emails I feel, for my taste, there is a lot of vertical space between the date, the subject and the first line of the message body. If these were rendered closer together, then a) more emails would fit on the screen, or b) more message body could be displayed or c) the message body of the preceeding email wouldn't appear to be associated (via the closer proximity) tio the date of the next email below, which is potentially confusing.
    Yeah, I'm planning on doing more beautification to it soon. Someone else mentioned the sender's display name should be in some other color than red as well. There are a couple other things on the plate before I make those rounds however. But it'll also be in a future update. Right now I'm hoping to get a set of tutorials, easier link to the activation program, and auto reply and auto forward pushed out in the next couple of updates. I'm also hoping to submit the activation app to the normal app catalog as well.
    I see you are making major updates to the app. Great job!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I see you are making major updates to the app. Great job!
    Thanks...hey, could you give me a rating on the Homebrew app? I still have no ratings.

I'm hoping to have an initial version of auto forward and auto reply by the end of the week.
    hi, I read thru the intro and watched the video, and tried skimming this thread (only 5 pgs) and used the "search this thread" for 'vault' and only got a couple of hits which seemed to indicate that the email vault is an upcoming but not yet functional feature? otherwise, how do I get certain emails into the vault. when I click vault it says theres no vaulted messages, then the pg goes to "ec vault msgs 1 of 1, and shows
    "NaN NaN: NaN AM" ..
    thanks.
    just DLed it last nite and poking around with it, I like it and plan to use it, but def one thing that made me dl it was the chance to have a 'vault'.. sorry if obtuse, but wasn't intuitive how to get things into a vault..
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    hi, I read thru the intro and watched the video, and tried skimming this thread (only 5 pgs) and used the "search this thread" for 'vault' and only got a couple of hits which seemed to indicate that the email vault is an upcoming but not yet functional feature? otherwise, how do I get certain emails into the vault. when I click vault it says theres no vaulted messages, then the pg goes to "ec vault msgs 1 of 1, and shows
    "NaN NaN: NaN AM" ..
    thanks.
    just DLed it last nite and poking around with it, I like it and plan to use it, but def one thing that made me dl it was the chance to have a 'vault'.. sorry if obtuse, but wasn't intuitive how to get things into a vault..
    I apologize for the late response. I hadn't received any messages in a while and forgot to check.

I also apologize because I have been planning a couple of "How-to" videos for how to do various things in EC, similar to the overview video. Some of these things got put on hold.

As for your question, what you have do is:
    1. When viewing a particular message, tap the title bar up at the top. For example, when viewing emails from contacts, the title bar says "#1 of 4 from Sarah". Press the title bar to change the commands at the bottom of the screen.
    2. Press the "Lock" icon, and you will see that the message has been added to the vault. Press the "Lock" icon again and you will see that the message has been removed from the vault.
    thanks for the clarification. now for another probably dumb question: i did go ahead and buy the full version and DL'ed it.. so now I have two email companion icons in my launcher.. the more recently downloaded one I think is a little it "fainter" or fuzzier of an icon.. that one when I click it it shows the email companion ACE and kind of a walkthrough.. and I have activated it . so in the device info --> software -- can I delete the "email companion ACE" program so as to be rid of the icon in my apps pages? I just didn't know if I delete/uninstall that one, that I'll lose the activation and have to re-pay or soemthing.
    thx.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb777 View Post
    thanks for the clarification. now for another probably dumb question: i did go ahead and buy the full version and DL'ed it.. so now I have two email companion icons in my launcher.. the more recently downloaded one I think is a little it "fainter" or fuzzier of an icon.. that one when I click it it shows the email companion ACE and kind of a walkthrough.. and I have activated it . so in the device info --> software -- can I delete the "email companion ACE" program so as to be rid of the icon in my apps pages? I just didn't know if I delete/uninstall that one, that I'll lose the activation and have to re-pay or soemthing.
    thx.
    Well, once EC Pro is activated, it is activated. The only thing you'll have to worry about is if you uninstall/re-install EC Pro, and no longer have EC ACE to activate it. However, I believe Palm's app catalog knows you bought an app, and would let you redownload EC ACE anyways. So, on both fronts you should be okay.
    Thank you for purchasing the app!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast