Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Question 3: I didn't know about it. Is it available for SDK apps or PDK? Do you have a link for more info on it?
    There's mention of it here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service

EDIT: More info here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...e-1-0-0-a.html
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 05/26/2010 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Thanks for the information. I have downloaded it to my device, as well as the API docs. I plan to work on the vault some more this evening, after I finish the autoscan feature.
    ccdoss what is the difference with the latest version?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ccdoss what is the difference with the latest version?
    Added ability to autoscan for messages every 15 minutes, as well as the email vault, which allows for storage of emails.

Also changed the icon
    Latest version? Later than 0.9.4?
    mine is hanging after it scans the folders saying 0 of 69 messages and won't go past that. I like the autoscan feature just a suggestion can you make it scan at specified intervals evem when the app is closed?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Latest version? Later than 0.9.4?
    Yes, we're at version 1.0.

mine is hanging after it scans the folders saying 0 of 69 messages and won't go past that. I like the autoscan feature just a suggestion can you make it scan at specified intervals evem when the app is closed?
    Mine sometimes hangs, too. I'm looking into that. For some reason, it usually works fine when it autoscans.

I will probably add a custom interval feature sometime next week. However, it'll likely have to scan when the app is open because of Palm's policy on only giving apps 15 seconds to do work when they aren't active. As you know, EC often needs more than that.
    yep I will try again I wonder if it is the same issue from earlier when those future emails were causing it problems.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    yep I will try again I wonder if it is the same issue from earlier when those future emails were causing it problems.
    That shouldn't be an issue. It has something to do with my timers not acting right for some reason. However, the autoscan seems to do okay, even though it's calling the same procedures. I hope to have an update tomorrow.
    I'm not seeing it in Preware.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm not seeing it in Preware.
    Try updating your feeds. Mine still said Email Companion Beta.
    I take it that I should remove the old version first, yes?

Edit: Never mind, I answered my own dumb question... the old version I had was the Beta version... also explains why I didn't see it in Preware under updates.
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 06/07/2010 at 10:29 AM.
    When this hits the app catalog, what price point are you planning to be at? I know it's been mentioned, but is it definitely planned for this to be a full replacement for the built-in email client? I know this is asking you to look into a crystal ball, but do you have a tough idea when that might be? I get mighty irritated by the limitations of the built-in client and a marriage with this would be a great thing.

Thanks
    When I delete emails in the stock app, they are still showing in EC... Even after a quick scan... any way around this?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    When this hits the app catalog, what price point are you planning to be at? I know it's been mentioned, but is it definitely planned for this to be a full replacement for the built-in email client? I know this is asking you to look into a crystal ball, but do you have a tough idea when that might be? I get mighty irritated by the limitations of the built-in client and a marriage with this would be a great thing.

Thanks
    I'm planning to have it under $7. I'm hoping to continue to add more and more functionality that will minimize the amount of time you spend with the built-in client, but it won't be a complete replacement. For one, it won't actually grab emails from the servers. So, adding or editing email accounts will always have to be done with the built-in client. Also, for now and the foreseeable future, it won't support deleting emails (more of a safety precaution than anything else). So, for those two things, one will have to use the built-in client. However, we are planning that 99% of the things you do on a daily basis can be done with EC.

I'm hoping to have the app in the web distribution within the next couple of days. I hope to simultaneously submit to the app catalog. However, those apps will only activate the version that's in preware. So, the way it will work is the preware version will only work for a couple of days, but buying the app catalog or web distribution version will enable the preware version to work indefinitely.

Great questions. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    When I delete emails in the stock app, they are still showing in EC... Even after a quick scan... any way around this?
    EC grabs the emails from the stock email client and stores them in its own database. The scanning algorithms currently only check for new emails; they don't check to see if an email has been deleted. So, although you delete the email, EC still has a copy of it. We'll add something so you can delete an email from EC after a couple more updates.
    hey ccdoss i notice there is an update to ec. Are the instructions to register somewhere in the first screen? You know me and reading. LOL!!
    do I need to update from the version I have?
    I installed the paid app from the catalouge and the app does not open. I tried removing the pro version, still,ace version does not launch. Tried removing both, and reinstalling the ace version, still nothing... I currently have both, pro and ace installed, pro still works,and it no longer says that it expires in 4 days, however, I'm currious why the new version does not launch, any thoughts??
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I installed the paid app from the catalouge and the app does not open. I tried removing the pro version, still,ace version does not launch. Tried removing both, and reinstalling the ace version, still nothing... I currently have both, pro and ace installed, pro still works,and it no longer says that it expires in 4 days, however, I'm currious why the new version does not launch, any thoughts??
    Thank you for your purchase!!

It didn't launch because, prior to submission and after testing, I removed some unneeded files. It still somewhat looked for those files, which caused the errors in launching. The new version is v1.0.2. I have just updated it, but it's not updated in the feeds yet. I believe it should be updated in the next couple of hours.

The ACE version only activates the Pro version in Preware.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast