Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    just curious how I would use this differently than Google Latitude? I must have missed something, so I'd appreciate a quick explanation. Thanks!
    Google Latitude is notorious for not really being real time... and many times, it is not accurate since it uses triangulation at certain points. This program will show you up to date and accurate (as accurate as your pre will allow). That, coupled by the fact that google latitude is not "officially" supported by WebOS yet. Also, with IT, you will be able to export your "track" to google earth or whatever and save it.

So, if you go on a long ride (motorcycle for me) and would like to save where you have been, you can do that. Lattitude just shows where you currently are.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Just an update for everyone. I broke 3 bones in my right (dominant) hand motorcycle racing on Monday.

I will absolutely keep making updates to InstanTrax, but forum replies will be hard for me since I can no longer type with more than one finger at a time...

Next release should be out soon. Only ONE more bug to iron out!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Alrighty then! v0.9.7 is ready, complete with working KML logging!

It's important that you delete the old version before installing this one!

Enjoy!
    Last edited by xluryan; 06/03/2010 at 09:07 AM.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ok, so playing with this new release yesterday, it seems to email out KML files on its own. What interval does it do this? Seems to be working fine, but would like to find a way to get rid of "beta tester 4" on Google Earth. Suppose that will happen later.

But, hands down, I like what I am seeing here, good job!!!!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
    ok, so playing with this new release yesterday, it seems to email out KML files on its own. What interval does it do this? Seems to be working fine, but would like to find a way to get rid of "beta tester 4" on Google Earth. Suppose that will happen later.

But, hands down, I like what I am seeing here, good job!!!!
    Glad to hear it's working alright for you

Next release will have options for KML logging frequencies

When will this be open to the public? I'd like to use something like this since WIMP has been abandoned.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Will it be possible to somehow transfer my WIMP account to this app or will it not last a year either before abandoned for a more profitable app?
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    Will it be possible to somehow transfer my WIMP account to this app or will it not last a year either before abandoned for a more profitable app?
    Good question. I had also paid for a year service with WIMP but sadly it's reliability is not what it used to be.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Sorry for the delay everyone. Hard to type/program with a broken hand...

New version released today. Here is the changelog:
    Code:
    ** 0.9.8 **
    	+ more persistent through restarts
    	+ kml logging bugs fixed
    	+ faster response to pings (5 minutes vs 10)
    Also, a tip I'm not sure all of you know about. If you want to give your link directly to someone, it's like this:

http://www.instantrax.net/index.php?track=<your key>.

Obviously, put your key in. So, for example:

http://www.instantrax.net/index.php?track=789034789041326abccdbecde387a5b3

Enjoy!

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xluryan View Post
    Sorry for the delay everyone. Hard to type/program with a broken hand...

New version released today. Here is the changelog:
    Code:
    ** 0.9.8 **
    	+ more persistent through restarts
    	+ kml logging bugs fixed
    	+ faster response to pings (5 minutes vs 10)
    Also, a tip I'm not sure all of you know about. If you want to give your link directly to someone, it's like this:

http://www.instantrax.net/index.php?track=<your key>.

Obviously, put your key in. So, for example:

InstanTrax

Enjoy!

I will not be downloading this as I have decided to go to the HTC EVO. I am waiting on the EVO right now. It is too bad as I had high hopes for Palm last year, but after MANY miss steps, I think it is time to go to a something else, and I think the Android OS is the best that I have played out there... good luck with this project... going back to instamapper.com for my data tracking needs.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    So do we have a status report? Been watching this thread for a while now. When can we expect some GPS tracking goodness?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhombre View Post
    So do we have a status report? Been watching this thread for a while now. When can we expect some GPS tracking goodness?
    Registration is just about ready to go live. A week maybe... ?

Just wanted to know the status of instantrax, and also, I purchased a year of standard WIMP today and it's not doing what it needs to. (No update, wrong gps fix, etc.) is there a way I could switch without paying again? Because it sounds like you're more invested into this new app.
    Last edited by plosquad3600; 08/13/2010 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by plosquad3600 View Post
    Just wanted to know the status of instantrax, and also, I purchased a year of standard WIMP today and it's not doing what it needs to. (No update, wrong gps fix, etc.) is there a way I could switch without paying again? Because it sounds like you're more invested into this new app.
    FYI, I was just charged for another year of service to WIMP so beware if you or any other users are in the same boat. I am trying to get a refund right now so I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    Add IMDb to Universal Search Patch
    If you enjoy my work or help I have given, feel free to donate. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    FYI, I was just charged for another year of service to WIMP so beware if you or any other users are in the same boat. I am trying to get a refund right now so I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    I just received my refund. Crisis averted.
    Add IMDb to Universal Search Patch
    If you enjoy my work or help I have given, feel free to donate. Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234