View Poll Results: Does anyone still use QST?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it regularly.

15 34.88%
  • Yes, I use it occasionally.

3 6.98%
  • No, not anymore, I found something better.

4 9.30%
  • No, not anymore, I just don't need something like this anymore.

10 23.26%
  • Never heard of it. I'll be checking it out now though.

11 25.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been debating myself about the future of Quick System Tasks. I don't know how many people I have in my current user base. I have been working on a new project and I am wondering if anyone still uses QST and if its worth further development.

If you have never heard of QST, here are some screen shots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used it for a little while when I first got my phone and I thought it was a pretty good app. I really like the idea of it and I bet there are still a lot who use it. However, it's not something I personally need or use any longer. Only, because the various patches and apps I currently have take care of my needs. I will keep my eye on this to see what you may/may not have up your sleeve though.

Nice work gobanjoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I used it for a little while when I first got my phone and I thought it was a pretty good app. I really like the idea of it and I bet there are still a lot who use it. However, it's not something I personally need or use any longer. Only, because the various patches and apps I currently have take care of my needs. I will keep my eye on this to see what you may/may not have up your sleeve though.

Nice work gobanjoboy
    exactly how i feel
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I found it to be the easiest way to toggle my BT and wifi...however whenever I had the app sitting in the tray, it gave me problems in regards to my keyboard lights turning off no matter what the brightness settings, so I stopped using it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I found it to be the easiest way to toggle my BT and wifi...however whenever I had the app sitting in the tray, it gave me problems in regards to my keyboard lights turning off no matter what the brightness settings, so I stopped using it.
    Sorry about that. I was never able to recreate your problem. I also did not have any other reports of the same issue, so i'm not sure what was causing it.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I used it a bunch when you first came out with it. Ijust didn't like losing even that tiny bit of screen at the bottom all the time, though. when Jason came out with the revised menu patches, I just used that instead
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    No problem,i have since made a lot of changes to my Pre, and ran repair util a few times. I'm going to try QST again bc I do miss being able to just click those toggle buttons,much better than openin the dropdown menu's. If you plan to further develop QST,any chance you can add a MyFlashlight! toggle, auto start on luna boot (tealspeed somehow figured out how to do it),and the ability to set up certain apps to autolaunch with 1 click? That's what I'd like to see.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    I used it a bunch when you first came out with it. Ijust didn't like losing even that tiny bit of screen at the bottom all the time, though. when Jason came out with the revised menu patches, I just used that instead
    I understand, many people feel that way. Let me ask you one thing. If the new phone has a bigger screen with a higher screen resolution, will you still feel the same way?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I just tried it again and whenever I run it in dashboard, my keyboard lights shut off.
    Btw- the best feature is the screen brigtness toggle. I used to set it so that when reading an eBook I would toggle it to a very dim setting (easier on the eyes).
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    ...I just didn't like losing even that tiny bit of screen at the bottom all the time, though. when Jason came out with the revised menu patches, I just used that instead
    That is exactly it for me. I used it a ton until the patches came out. Now with the patches, I do not have to lose screen space. Even on a PC monitor, I hate anything that takes away screen space.

Nice work gobanjoboy!

- Craig
  11.    #11  
    I just tried it again and whenever I run it in dashboard, my keyboard lights shut off.
    Btw- the best feature is the screen brigtness toggle. I used to set it so that when reading an eBook I would toggle it to a very dim setting (easier on the eyes).
    Okay I think I was able to recreat what you talking about but this is what i did.

QST is closed. I opened the keyboard. Then I opened QST in tray mode. toggle the lights.. the lights keyboard on then went out. toggled the lights again.. keyboard light came on then off... now I close my keyboard.. open it back up.. the lights are on.. toggle the lights again.. the keyboard lights change but stay on. close and open the keyboard and the lights come on.

is that what your doing?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    That is exactly it for me. I used it a ton until the patches came out. Now with the patches, I do not have to lose screen space. Even on a PC monitor, I hate anything that takes away screen space.

Nice work gobanjoboy!

- Craig
    It would be nice if Palm officially built a way to add features/plugins in the top bar... into the SDK that is. I'm sure there are a lot of developers that could come up with some cool ideas.. heck.. there already have been.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I got it working...i increased my system brightness before loading QST, and now the kb stays lit..weird. So I will be using QST fulltime again for toggling bt,wifi,etc. And I use tealspeed (TS) for launching apps. I'd prefer QST over TS but QST only allows 1 line of apps..I have 4 line setup in TS for 20apps.

P.S- I don't mind losing screen space on my home screen...when I browse the web, play 3D games, they run FS anyway. I guess I consider my home screen my workspace, so having notifications at the bottom are actually welcome (I use the tasks app a lot so I usually have a task reminder sitting alongside my tealspeed icons and QST, among other notifications).
    I've never used it but I actually don't need anything like this either. That option wasn't in the poll so I didn't vote. Most patches/system mods have sufficed for my needs.

Great work nonetheless.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Never heard of it, but I will be installing it right away. This looks like stuff that should be part of the operating system, and adds some functionality that was in PalmOS but hasn't made it into WebOS.

Nice job!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Never heard of it, but I will be installing it right away. This looks like stuff that should be part of the operating system, and adds some functionality that was in PalmOS but hasn't made it into WebOS.

Nice job!
    Everything QST does was already being done by webos really. I just brought it all together, as far as toggles go.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    Everything QST does was already being done by webos really. I just brought it all together, as far as toggles go.
    So hows the future of QST looking? I may be in the minority, but I'm running it right now and plan to run it from now on.
  18.    #18  
    So hows the future of QST looking? I may be in the minority, but I'm running it right now and plan to run it from now on.
    As long as I am still using QST, I will keep it running.
    I use it several times every day (eg. bluetooth on in the car; 3g off in the office; GPS on when running etc.)

I would love if QST supported profiles.
    Unlike some others who have posted, I love having QST in the dashboard so I can quickly toggle whatever needs to be toggled. Having the current state of the toggle be obvious in the dashboard icons also makes this ideal for my use.

QST vs Mode Switcher is the question. Although Mode Switcher does allow for profiles, it doesn't adequately control all of the items that QST controls and some of the trigger events in Mode Switcher are a bit quirky.

Both the fit and polish of QST makes it the better app IMO. If QST implemented profiles there would be no question that it would remain forever on my "must have apps" list.

As it is now - it's one of three apps that I automatically start up from Preset Reset and will likely continue to be into the future.

/john
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast