webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Work in Progress: SDL Mille - Mille Bornes for webOS
Work in Progress: SDL Mille - Mille Bornes for webOS
Like Tree1Likes

Old 07/28/2011, 12:36 AM   #161 (permalink)

doh! i've been kinda off the forums for a while, and just noticed that you're working on the touchpad version! yes yes yes yes! i would love it and love to help test it!
rawdeadfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2011, 03:21 AM   #162 (permalink)

Whoah! Nothing I said (I assume you're referring to my post) was intended as derogatory. Through the development, I think I've been supportive of the game. I've said I love it and appreciate your work.

If you're referring to the quoted phrase in the next to last paragraph as derogatory, it wasn't meant that way. What I was trying to say is that so much attention is paid to large projects, but small ones are just as important. I hoped that putting it in quotes would highlight that that is how "big project" developers might view a card game, not me. I should have prefaced that phrase with "so called" & that might have made my meaning clearer.

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear in my meaning as I intended. I have great respect for programmers in general and you in particular - you are bringing to life one of my favorite handheld games to a new platform & a new life for a new audience. I coded for almost 30 years & well know the grind that that life can be. These personal projects truly are a labor of love and I would never wish to stomp on anyone's heart. I'm very sorry made you feel like I was.

Like I said, it was _meant_ to be constructive and nothing else. Just my impressions of the impact of the board design. Just like my comments before on card design. I don't know if my comments then or since have had any impact on your work. That's not important. I have just hoped to give input from a user's perspective.

I suggested taking the UI discussion off-forum not to take you to task in private or anything like that. I thought that if you wanted to continue the discussion, you might not want to clutter up the thread with the back & forth details. That's all.

Again, I'm very sorry I didn't express myself clearer. I'm sorry you felt I was degrading you or your work - that was never my intent or wish.
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2011, 12:17 AM   #163 (permalink)

That's one of the problems with written communication: it's difficult to properly convey and interpret meaning and intent, especially between strangers.

I've got a test build ready for you TouchPad owners. There are some graphical glitches here and there, but all the important stuff is working. Animations are probably a little wonky, so you may wish to turn them off. Of course this is all hypothetical... there's a chance this package won't even work on the TouchPad.

I also packaged up the latest updates for the Pre and Pixi, so you guys can get a taste of what's new as well. For you guys, the only real updates are some new graphics. Not much, but I think they're a lot nicer than the old ones and might improve the experience a bit.

[SDL Mille HD Package] for TouchPad and Pre3

[SDL Mille Package] for Veer, Pre2, Pre, and Pixi

I have attached a zip of the standard package. The HD package is too large to attach.
Attached Files
File Type: zip com.webosnerd.sdl-mille_0.9.1_all.zip (567.5 KB, 6 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by dallashigh; 08/02/2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Added Veer to supported device list
dallashigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by LaurentP, Spyke, tonymus
Old 08/02/2011, 08:32 AM   #164 (permalink)

Thank you for the TouchPad version. The icons are a bit fuzzy, but I couldn't care less now that I've gotten my top time-waster back.
Old 08/12/2011, 09:40 PM   #165 (permalink)

Thank you so much for the Touchpad version. I'm pretty much a newbie Touchpad owner (3 days and counting), but I can't believe I found a MB-like app!!! I'm off to play some more, and also help with your coffee fund...
tonymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2011, 06:37 PM   #166 (permalink)

With all the chaos going on today, I just want to let everyone know that I will continue developing for webOS. Today's news won't slow me down one bit.
Old 08/18/2011, 08:13 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
With all the chaos going on today, I just want to let everyone know that I will continue developing for webOS. Today's news won't slow me down one bit.
Glad to hear it! It's nice to have one piece of good news today
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2011, 07:51 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
I've got a test build ready for you TouchPad owners.
Hi, I'm Doug, and I'm a Mille Bornes addict. You are what they call an enabler. Thank you.
mrdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2011, 07:18 AM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope you don't mind; I'm bumping this thread to find out how thing are going, and if you are still working on this project. I really enjoy the Touchpad version of SDL Mille HD...
tonymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2011, 10:07 PM   #170 (permalink)

While I'm not ready to announce anything just yet, my webOS development continues and I hope to have some good news before the new year. I'm glad you're enjoying my game on your TouchPad.
Old 11/15/2011, 10:38 PM   #171 (permalink)

curse thank you for bumping this thread so that I could discover and install SDL Mille on both my Touchpad and Pre3. I hadn't wasted had so much time fun since retiring my Pre+.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2011, 11:01 PM   #172 (permalink)

I love Milles Bornes! Thanks for doing this!

DS_Palm_Lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2011, 08:54 AM   #173 (permalink)

My wife and daughter find the way you've done the card movements a bit clumsy and the animations are just weird. I've learned to ignore this, but as long as you're working on something.

Quote:
While I'm not ready to announce anything just yet, my webOS development continues and I hope to have some good news before the new year. I'm glad you're enjoying my game on your TouchPad.
Old 11/17/2011, 07:03 PM   #174 (permalink)

Animations are definitely going to be fixed. Can you elaborate on what is problematic with card movements? It would definitely help me make them more intuitive.
Old 11/18/2011, 04:24 AM   #175 (permalink)

I'm very pleased to see that you're developing this. Both my wife and I were Rally addicts on our various Palms, and she introduced me to the actual card game years before that.

I'm happy to help beta test, but when I click on the TouchPad link above I just get a web page full of code. Should Preware kick in? If I've missed the explanation earlier in the thread let me know.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2011, 08:26 PM   #176 (permalink)

What you need to do is copy that link to the clipboard, then open preware, then in the menu tap install package, then paste in the link and tap install, and boom!
rawdeadfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by numanair, Spyke
Old 12/04/2011, 02:18 PM   #177 (permalink)

I'm glad that this project seems to be getting quite a bit of interest. I own two sets of the actual game from a couple years apart (they have different box art). Keep up the good work!
numanair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2012, 06:51 AM   #178 (permalink)

Hi
I are you still working on this program? I hope so. The Touchpad and the PRE3 versions are great, but I have problems with the dimensions and positions of text. They do not match, also the menus do not match.
Attached Images
File Type: png sdl-mille_2012-12-07_055331.png (20.9 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by pepebuho; 07/12/2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: adding an attachment to make it clearer.
pepebuho is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0